To celebrate Great Eastern's 113th anniversary, we have rolled out a special mini challenge for you to help you prepare for the Great Eastern Women's Run that is happening from 14 November to 15 December!
Here's how to take part in the challenge:
1. Register for #GEWR2021 by 26 August
2. Download the GetGreat App on Apple app store or Google Play Store
3. Login or Sign up
4. Register for 113km Challenge (Registration period: 28 August to 31 August 2021)
5. Complete 11.3km within the challenge period (Challenge period: 1 September to 14 September 2021)
Note: Challenge can be completed in multiple sessions or at one go!
What are you waiting for? Register to take part in the challenge and stand to be among 113 lucky winners to win prizes worth over $4,500!
1. This Challenge is open to all Great Eastern Women Run participants who:
(a) have registered for the Great Eastern Women’s Run by 26 August 2021,
(b) have downloaded the GETGREAT mobile application (“GETGREAT App”), and
(c) registered for the GEWR x GETGREAT 113 Challenge “Challenge” on the GETGREAT App by 31 August 2021.
(each a “Participant”, collectively the “Participants”)
Note: The email address used by each individual to register for the Great Eastern Women’s Run 2021 and GEWR x GETGREAT 113 Challenge must be the same as the email address used by the individual to register for a GETGREAT account on the GETGREAT App. In the event of any discrepancy, individuals shall be disqualified from participating in this Challenge.
2. There will be one hundred and three (113) winners in this Challenge. Three winners of the grand prize will receive a Le Creuset Oval French (29cm) worth S$809 each. The subsequent one hundred and ten (110) winners will each receive Grab gift card worth S$20 each.
3. To qualify as one of the 113 winners, Participants have to complete 11.3km at once or in multiple sessions, tracked by the GETGREAT App during the Challenge Period from 1 Sep to 14 Sep 2021.
4. Winners will be randomly selected from all qualified Participants by The Great Eastern Life Assurance Company Limited (“Great Eastern”) in its sole and absolute discretion. Only Participants who meet all criteria of the Challenge mechanics will be considered for the prizes.
5. This Challenge is not valid with other offers or promotions held by Great Eastern unless otherwise stated.
6. Great Eastern shall be entitled at its sole and absolute discretion to replace or substitute any of the prizes stated at paragraph 2 with another item of equal or similar value selected by Great Eastern. Otherwise, each prize is not exchangeable for cash or for any other items.
7. By participating in the Challenge, each Participant agrees and consent to Great Eastern and its related corporations (collectively, the "Companies"), as well as their respective representatives, the Companies' authorised service providers and relevant third parties (the Companies and all the other foregoing parties, collectively, “Great Eastern Persons”), collecting, using, disclosing, and/or sharing amongst themselves such personal data, for purposes reasonably required by the Companies to conduct the Challenge which the participant is signing up for and such other purposes as described in Great Eastern's Privacy Statement (collectively, the “Purposes”) which is accessible from Great Eastern Singapore’s website, which each participant confirms they have read and understood.
Each Participant’s consent herein supplements but does not supersede nor replace any other consents that Participant may have previously provided to Great Eastern Persons, and each Participant’s consents herein are cumulative and additional to any rights which any of the Great Eastern Persons may have to collect, use, and/or disclose of a Participant’s Personal Data, with or without that Participant’s consent, to the extent permitted under applicable law.
In addition, where personal data of any person is disclosed by a Participant, that Participant further confirms and represents that the Participant has obtained the consent of the person concerned for the Purposes, unless such consent is not required under applicable laws: (i) to collect such personal data; (ii) for the disclosure of such personal data to the Great Eastern Persons; and (iii) for the Great Eastern Persons’ collection, use and/or disclosure of such personal data.
8. Winners of the Challenge will be contacted within ten (10) days after the end of the Challenge via the email address submitted at the point of registration for the Challenge (the "Notification Email "). If the winner cannot be contacted or does not respond by the date as indicated in the Notification Email, the Prize will be forfeited, withdrawn or given to a reserve winner at the sole and absolute discretion of Great Eastern. Should a Participant be deemed ineligible after the announcement of all winners has been made, Great Eastern reserves the right to disqualify such Participant.
9. The Notification Email will set out the procedure for prize redemption.
10. A winner who does not respond to the Notification Email within one (1) month from the date of the Notification Email may have their prize forfeited, withdrawn or given to a reserve winner at the sole and absolute discretion of Great Eastern.
11. Great Eastern makes no representation as to the quality or performance of the Prizes provided by the merchants in connection with the Lucky Draw. By participating in the Lucky Draw, the Participants acknowledge and accept that the use of each Prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the relevant merchant providing the Prize.
12. Great Eastern shall not be liable for or be responsible in respect of any expenses, losses, costs, damages, liabilities or other consequences of whatsoever nature (collectively “Losses”) suffered or incurred directly or indirectly by Participants of the Challenge howsoever caused or arising and without limiting the generality of the foregoing, whether by reason of or on account of any act or omission whether negligent or otherwise on the part of Great Eastern or its employees or agents.
13. Great Eastern reserves the right to vary the terms and conditions or withdraw this Challenge any time without prior notice.
14. The decision of Great Eastern on all matters relating to the Challenge shall be final and binding on all customers.
15. Participants grant Great Eastern Women’s Run the rights necessary for distribution and public display of any content submitted as part of this Challenge, and hereby grants Great Eastern Women’s Run on a royalty-free basis the perpetual right to exclusively and without limitation freely use, modify, edit, copy, reproduce, distribute, broadcast, translate, create derivative works from, alter and publicly display or publish any such intellectual property rights, for whatever purpose, in any form or medium, either on the Instagram/ Facebook page or elsewhere, whether promotional or in other activities or events arranged by Great Eastern Women’s Run, whether locally or worldwide.
16. The terms and conditions of the Challenge shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with Singapore law. The courts of Singapore shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising from the terms and conditions, including the validity and enforceability thereto.
17. By participating in the Challenge, the Participants shall be deemed to agree to abide by these terms and conditions and the terms and conditions governing the use of the GETGREAT App, which are expressly incorporated herein and can be found in Great Eastern’s website https://www.greateasternlife.com/sg/en/terms-and-conditions/getgreat-tnc.html. Any amendments, additions and replacements to the terms and conditions governing the UPGREAT App shall be final and binding in all respects on each participant.