1. Great Eastern Women's Run 2021 (the “Event”) is owned by The Great Eastern Life Assurance Company Limited (the “Owner” or “Great Eastern”) and organised by Infinitus Productions Pte Ltd (the “Event Organiser”) in accordance with these Rules & Regulations (the “R&Rs), applicable to the participants, and which can be found at www.greateasternwomensrun.com (the “Official Website”).
2. By continuing to access any part of the Official Website, registering for the Event, submitting information to Great Eastern, the Event Organiser and/or the relevant business partners, whether for the purpose of registering for the Event or otherwise, as well as using any features of the Official Website, each Participant (as defined at paragraph 3) agrees and consents to Great Eastern and its related corporations (collectively, the "Companies"), as well as their respective representatives, agents, the Companies' authorised service providers such as the Event Organiser and relevant third parties (the Companies and all the other foregoing parties, collectively, “Great Eastern Persons”), collecting, using, disclosing, and/or sharing amongst themselves the Participant’s personal data, for purposes reasonably required by the Companies to (i) administer, conduct and promote the Event; (ii) measuring the success of the Event; and (iii) obtaining feedback from participants on the Event; and such other purposes as described in Great Eastern's Privacy Statement (collectively, the “Purposes”) which is accessible from Great Eastern Singapore’s website at https://www.greateasternlife.com, which each Participant confirms they have read and understood.
A Participant’s consents herein supplement but do not supersede nor replace any other consents that Participant may have previously provided to Great Eastern Persons, and that Participant’s consents herein are cumulative and additional to any rights which any of the Great Eastern Persons may have to collect, use, and/or disclose of my/our personal data, with or without that Participant’s consent, to the extent permitted under applicable law.
In addition, where personal data of any person is disclosed by a Participant, that Participant further confirms and represents that they have obtained the consent of the individual concerned for the Purposes, unless such consent is not required under applicable laws: (i) to collect such personal data; (ii) for the disclosure of such personal data to the Great Eastern Persons; and (iii) for the Great Eastern Persons’ collection, use and/or disclosure of such personal data.
3. Completion of the online race registration form confirms a person’s agreement and acceptance, and where applicable, the person’s acceptance on behalf of her child/ward to abide by these R&Rs (each a “Participant” and collectively (“Participants”)).
4. Registration for the Event is only confirmed upon payment of the relevant registration fee and issuance of a race confirmation email.
5. The Participant agrees to: (i) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about himself/herself and Participant’s child/ward (where applicable) in the registration form (the “Submitted Data”) and (ii) maintain and promptly update the Submitted Data to ensure it stays true, accurate, current and complete. Great Eastern and/or the Event Organiser may contact the Participant from time to time by email and/or SMS. Any notice sent to the email address and/or SMS sent to the telephone number registered for the Event via the online race registration form shall be deemed as received by the Participant.
6. If the Participant provides any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete or if the Event Organiser has grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, the Event Organiser may suspend or terminate the Participant’s or Participant’s child/ward’s registration.
7. After registration, there shall be no refund of any registration fees and donation(s) to any Participant who does not or his child/ward does not in due course take part in the Event, for any reason whatsoever.
8. Once registration is confirmed, a Participant and/or Participant’s child/ward is strictly NOT ALLOWED to:-
(a) transfer her race entry to another party; or
(b) participate under other person’s name or number.
9. Each Participant on behalf of themselves, and their child/ward (where applicable), irrevocably grant perpetual, worldwide, compensation-free and unlimited permission for Great Eastern to use, reproduce, disseminate and distribute any and all photographs, motion pictures, images, recordings or any other form of record of the Participant and their child/ward’s participation in the Event or a related activity, whether in original or edited format, and whether now known or in the future invented, for any and all commercial advertising and promotional purposes (including promoting or advertising for the Event or for Great Eastern), across all media and platforms (including but not limited to print, radio, local television programs), or in any other format or media (including but not limited to electronic, social and digital media). Each Participant acknowledges that such permission includes allowing Great Eastern to use and reproduce the Participant/child/ward’s name, email, nickname, image, likeness, voice, photograph, and biographical information for promotional and commercial advertising purposes in connection with the Event or for Great Eastern. For the avoidance of doubt, the Participant and the Participant’s child/ward will not be entitled to any compensation in connection herewith. In consideration and in return for being allowed to participate in the Event, the Participant releases and agrees not to sue Great Eastern and its related companies from all present and future claims regarding use of Participant and the Participant’s child/ward’s photographs, motion pictures, images, recordings or any other form of record, by Participant and his/her heirs, assigns, spouses, partners, personal representatives and/or next of kin.
10. Great Eastern and Event Organiser reserve the right to modify or substitute any of these R&Rs from time to time as they deem fit without any notice or liability to any party. If there is ambiguity in any of these provisions, Great Eastern shall be the sole authority to interpret them and in so doing, it may take into account the interests of all affected Participants. Any amendments to these R&Rs will be updated on the Official Website.
11. Great Eastern’s decision on all matters relating to Event is final and binding on all participants in the Event. Great Eastern will not entertain any queries with regard to the Event results and entitlements, and will not be obliged to provide the reason(s) for its decisions to a Participant.
12. Great Eastern and the Event Organiser reserve the right to delay, cancel or change any details of the Event or any component of it at any time without prior notice to the Participants. In such cases, every effort will be made to inform the Participants prior to the start date of the event. If the Event or any component of it is cancelled, there shall be no refund of registration fees and donation(s). Great Eastern and the Event Organiser shall not be liable for any consequential loss or inconvenience caused.
13. Great Eastern shall not be liable for/or in respect of any expenses, losses, costs, damages, liabilities or other consequences of whatsoever nature (collectively “Losses”) suffered or incurred directly or indirectly by Participants howsoever caused or arising and without limiting the generality of the foregoing, whether by reason of/or on account of any act or omission whether negligent or otherwise on the part of Great Eastern or its servants or agents, even if Great Eastern or its agents or employees are advised of the possibility of such Losses.
14. Great Eastern reserves the right to:
(a) investigate cases of suspected fraud and suspend a Participant from the Event or clawback any entitlements already provided to the relevant Participant;
(b) disqualify and withdraw the participation of any person who is non-compliant with the R&R of the Event, in Great Eastern’s sole and absolute discretion.
Health and Safety
15. Every Participant is responsible for his/her or her child/ward’s involvement in the Event. Great Eastern will not be liable for any injuries, mishaps, sickness, death or loss/damage to personal property that may occur during the Event. Every Participant needs to be aware that participation in the Event may be physically demanding and may involve a certain amount of risk and in choosing to participate, every Participant acknowledges that he/she accepts all risks associated with participation in the Event and that such acceptance is a precondition to his/her participation. Every Participant understands that he/she will have to co-operate fully with Great Eastern and the Event Organiser and diligently comply with all safety instructions, directions and requirements.
16. Every Participant shall therefore not hold Great Eastern or any of its related companies or any of their respective officers, employees and agents liable for any damage to or loss of property or any injury or loss of life which may be sustained by the Participant during the course or arising from any cause in connection with his/her participation in the Event.
17. Every Participant agrees to waive all claims against Great Eastern, their respective subsidiaries and affiliates, and the officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors, assignees, and insurers of such entities and any third party acting on its behalf or working within the framework of the Event.
18. Participants should not engage in any physical activity or Event activities if they are not feeling well.
19. Participants can choose to register for any of the race categories as follows:
20. 2km Mummy + Me Run
21. 5km Run
23. 21.1km Half Marathon
24. 113km Individual or Team Run
27. T-shirt sizes are subject to availability.
28. T-shirts and race bags will be delivered to participants before the start of the virtual race via courier.
29. Medals will be mailed out to participants after the end of the clock-in period on 15 December 2021.
30. Upon completion of the relevant distance for the run, participants will receive their post-race finisher entitlements at the mailing address provided during registration. Delivery will be made via Singpost mail within 30 days starting from 16 December 2021.
Timing and Finishing Qualification
31. To qualify for the completion of the event, the LIV3LY App Running Tracker “MOVE” must be used to track the race distance. Any other activity trackers or mobile applications will not be permitted. MOVE is available for download on all Android and iOS platforms. Participants may sync Apple Healthkit and Google Fit with the MOVE app to track their race distance. If all methods stated above cannot be used due to any unforeseen circumstances, participants can also make manual submissions to https://submissions.liv3ly.com/login.
32. Participants can complete their distances for the run either in a single session or split into multiple sessions within the race period set out below:
Start Date: 14 November 2021
End Date: 15 December 2021
33. Distances completed by Participants outside of the race period will not count towards tracking of the race distance for the Event. Participants who do not complete their full race distances within the race period will not be entitled to finisher entitlements.
34. A participant’s account may be suspended and the participant disqualified from the Event if the participant engages in fraudulent or bad faith tactics during the Event.