1. This Challenge is open to all participants who have registered for the Great Eastern Women’s Run and who have:
(a) downloaded the 42Race mobile application (“42Race app”);
(b) liked the Facebook or Instagram page of Great Eastern Women’s Run;
(c) completed the relevant Milestone in the Challenge on the 42Race App and taken a screenshot of the completion e-badge; and
(d) left a comment on the relevant Milestone (as defined in paragraph 2) post on Facebook or Instagram with the screenshot of the relevant Milestone’s completion e-badge by the end of the respective timeframes set out at paragraph 2. There will be a Facebook or Instagram post published for each Milestone in the Challenge. The Facebook or Instagram post will be published and pinned at 0900hrs on the specified date and for the duration of the dates and timings stated below.
(each a “Participant”, collectively “Participants”).
2. There are five (5) Milestones in the Virtual Milestone Challenge. Each Milestone will have five (5) winners. To qualify as one of the five winners for each Milestone, Participants have to complete the following distances whether in one or in multiple sessions, tracked by the 42Race App during the respective challenge periods set out below:
Milestone 1: Complete a total of 3km by 2 October 2022 (Facebook or Instagram post will be published and pinned from 0900 hours on 26 September to 2359 hours on 2 October 2022).
Milestone 2: Complete a total of 5km by 9 October 2022 (Facebook or Instagram post will be published and pinned from 0900 hours on 3 October to 2359 hours on 9 October 2022).
Milestone 3: Complete a total of 10km by 16 October 2022 (Facebook or Instagram post will be published and pinned from 0900 hours on 10 October to 2359 hours on 16 October 2022).
Milestone 4: Complete a total of 20km by 23 October 2022 (Facebook or Instagram post will be published and pinned from 0900 hours on 17 October to 2359 hours on 23 October 2022).
Milestone 5: Complete a total of 35km by 30 October 2022 (Facebook or Instagram post will be published and pinned from 0900 hours on 24 October to 2359 hours on 30 October 2022).
(each a “Milestone”)
Each Participant must leave their comment containing the completion e-badge of that relevant Milestone on the Facebook or Instagram post for that Milestone before 2359 hours of the end date for that Milestone.
3. The winners for the respective Milestone will receive the prizes as set out below:
Milestone 1: 5 winners will each win a set of 4 Golden Village Movie Tickets worth S$48.
Milestone 2: 5 winners will each win Resorts World Sentosa Gift Vouchers worth S$100.
Milestone 3: 5 winners will each win a Manduka Begin Mat 5mm 68” worth S$119.
Milestone 4: 5 winners will each win a SUUNTO 5 Peak Multisport Watch worth S$399.
Milestone 5: 5 winners will each win a Le Creuset Round Signature Skillet (26cm) worth S$499.
4. Winners will be randomly selected from all qualified Participants by The Great Eastern Life Assurance Company Limited (“Great Eastern”) in its sole and absolute discretion. Only Participants who meet all criteria of the Challenge mechanics will be considered for the prizes.
5. This Challenge is not valid with other offers or promotions held by Great Eastern unless otherwise stated.
6. Great Eastern shall be entitled at its sole and absolute discretion to replace or substitute any of the prizes stated at paragraph 3 with another item of equal or similar value selected by Great Eastern. Otherwise, each prize is not exchangeable for cash or for any other items.
7. By participating in the Challenge, each Participant agrees and consent to Great Eastern and its related corporations (collectively, the "Companies"), as well as their respective representatives, the Companies' authorised service providers and relevant third parties (the Companies and all the other foregoing parties, collectively, “Great Eastern Persons”), collecting, using, disclosing, and/or sharing amongst themselves such personal data, for purposes reasonably required by the Companies to conduct the Challenge which the participant is signing up for and such other purposes as described in Great Eastern's Privacy Statement (collectively, the “Purposes”) which is accessible from Great Eastern Singapore’s website, which each participant confirms they have read and understood.
Each Participant’s consent herein supplements but does not supersede nor replace any other consents that Participant may have previously provided to Great Eastern Persons, and each Participant’s consents herein are cumulative and additional to any rights which any of the Great Eastern Persons may have to collect, use, and/or disclose of a Participant’s Personal Data, with or without that Participant’s consent, to the extent permitted under applicable law.
In addition, where personal data of any person is disclosed by a Participant, that Participant further confirms and represents that the Participant has obtained the consent of the person concerned for the Purposes, unless such consent is not required under applicable laws: (i) to collect such personal data; (ii) for the disclosure of such personal data to the Great Eastern Persons; and (iii) for the Great Eastern Persons’ collection, use and/or disclosure of such personal data.
8. Winners of each Milestone will be contacted within ten (10) days after the end of the relevant Milestone via a private message on Facebook or Instagram (the "Notification Message "). If the winner cannot be contacted or does not respond by the date as indicated in the Notification Message, their prize will be forfeited, withdrawn or given to a reserve winner at the sole and absolute discretion of Great Eastern. Should a Participant be deemed ineligible after the announcement of all winners has been made, Great Eastern reserves the right to disqualify such Participant.
9. The Notification Message will set out the procedure for prize redemption.
10. A winner who does not respond to the Notification Message within one (1) month from the date of the Notification Message may have their prize forfeited, withdrawn or given to a reserve winner at the sole and absolute discretion of Great Eastern.
11. Great Eastern shall not be liable for or be responsible in respect of any expenses, losses, costs, damages, liabilities or other consequences of whatsoever nature (collectively “Losses”) suffered or incurred directly or indirectly by Participants of the Challenge howsoever caused or arising and without limiting the generality of the foregoing, whether by reason of or on account of any act or omission whether negligent or otherwise on the part of Great Eastern or its employees or agents.
12. Participants acknowledge and accept that the Prizes are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Great Eastern does not warrant, represent or guarantee the usability or quality of the Prizes as they are provided by a third party. To the fullest extent permitted by the law, Great Eastern disclaims all warranties (whether express or implied) including but not limited to warranties that the Prizes will meet the Prize winners’ requirements, warranties of satisfactory quality, warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. All issues with regard to using the Prize shall be directed to the applicable merchant and not to Great Eastern. Upon the issuance of a Prize to a winner, neither Great Eastern nor its employees, directors, officers, agents or assignee shall be responsible or liable in any way to any person for any prizes that are tampered, damaged or not working properly. Participants acknowledge and accept that all Prizes may also be subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by the third party merchant providing the relevant Prize.
13. Great Eastern reserves the right to vary the terms and conditions or withdraw this Challenge at any time without prior notice.
14. The decision of Great Eastern on all matters relating to the Challenge shall be final and binding on all customers.
15. Participants grant Great Eastern the rights necessary for distribution and public display of any content submitted as part of this Challenge, and hereby grants Great Eastern on a royalty-free basis the perpetual right to exclusively and without limitation freely use, modify, edit, copy, reproduce, distribute, broadcast, translate, create derivative works from, alter and publicly display or publish any such intellectual property rights, for whatever purpose, in any form or medium, either on the Instagram/ Facebook page or elsewhere, whether promotional or in other activities or events arranged in relation to Great Eastern Women’s Run, whether locally or worldwide.
16. The terms and conditions of the Challenge shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with Singapore law. The courts of Singapore shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising from the terms and conditions, including the validity and enforceability thereto.
17. By participating in the Challenge, the Participants shall be deemed to have agreed to abide by all terms and conditions of participating in the Challenge as set out here, including any amendments, additions, replacements and modifications hereto as may from time to time be made by Great Eastern.
18. Participants acknowledge and accept that they will be required to use third party programmes, software, websites and applications and will be subject to the terms and conditions, including privacy policies, governing a Participant’s use of such third party programmes, websites and applications. Great Eastern has no control over the rights and obligations governing a Participant’s use of any third party’s programmes, software, websites and applications.