1. The Virtual Milestone Challenge is a free pre-race fringe activity offered to all registered participants (each a “Participant”, collectively “Participants”) of the Great Eastern Women’s Run (GEWR) 2023. The Virtual Milestone Challenge will take place during the period from 4 September 2023 to 8 October 2023 via the 42Race mobile application (“42Race app”). The Virtual Milestone Challenge is intended to help Participants train and ease into the momentum of running, in preparation for the race day.
2. Participants will have to complete the Virtual Milestone Challenge within the clock-in period (4 September to 8 October 2023, refer to para 5 for more details) to unlock e-badges. Any distance covered before or after the clock-in period will not be considered. Participants may complete the distance either in a single session or split into multiple sessions within the clock-in period.
3. This Virtual Milestone Challenge is open to all participants who have registered for the Great Eastern Women’s Run and who have:
(each a “Participant”, collectively “Participants”).
4. This Virtual Milestone Challenge will be made available to registered participants in 2 phases:
If you registered for GEWR after 31 August 2023 and would like to participate in the Virtual Milestone Challenge, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. There are five (5) Milestones in the Virtual Milestone Challenge. Each Milestone will have five (5) winners. To qualify for a chance to be one of the five winners for each Milestone, Participants have to complete the following distances whether in one or in multiple sessions, tracked by the 42Race App during the respective milestone periods set out below:
(each a “Milestone”)
Each Participant must leave their comment containing the completion e-badge of that relevant Milestone on the Facebook or Instagram post for that Milestone before 2359 hours of the end date of that Milestone.
6. Distance is cumulative over the Milestones.
Participants who missed an earlier Milestone must complete the total required distance inclusive of the earlier missed Milestone, to be eligible for the prize of the next Milestone.
7. Upon completing the distance required to achieve a Milestone, the Participant is eligible to unlock a completion e-badge for that completed Milestone and is eligible for the lucky draw for that Milestone.
8. The winners for the respective Milestone will receive the prizes as set out below:
9. Winners will be randomly selected from all Participants who have completed the Milestone within the relevant milestone period by The Great Eastern Life Assurance Company Limited (“Great Eastern”) in its sole and absolute discretion. Only Participants who meet all criteria of the Virtual Milestone Challenge mechanics will be considered for the prizes. For example, a Participant who has completed all Milestones 1 to 5 within the respective Challenge period, will be entitled to participate in all 5 lucky draws.
10. All employees and financial representatives of The Great Eastern Life Assurance Company Limited are not eligible for any prizes in the Virtual Milestone Challenge.
11. The winners will be announced and published within ten (10) working days after the end of each Milestone period at https://www.greateasternlife.com/greateasternwomensrun/index.html.
12. To qualify for completion of the Virtual Milestone Challenge, Participants must use the 42Race app and/or perform web-based result submissions through the 42Race platform. The 42Race app is available for download on Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
13. There are two ways for Participants to submit their running activities through 42Race app:
The status of Participants results will be updated once their race results are verified. Successful submissions will be added to the user’s activity tracker automatically or the user will be contacted if there are issues with the submission.
14. Should there be any fraudulent or wrongful activity or result found, the Participant’s account will be suspended, and the Participant will be disqualified from the Virtual Milestone Challenge. The Participant will not be eligible for any of the prizes obtained through the Virtual Milestone Challenge.
15. Any fraudulent result will not be taken into consideration for e-deals, lucky draws, reward tier prizes and leader board if any.
16. Please allow 5 working days for a response to any queries regarding the Virtual Milestone Challenge or 42Race.
17. This Virtual Milestone Challenge is not valid with other offers or promotions held by Great Eastern unless otherwise stated.
18. Great Eastern shall be entitled at its sole and absolute discretion to replace or substitute any of the prizes stated at paragraph 8 with another item of equal or similar value selected by Great Eastern. Otherwise, each prize is not exchangeable for cash or for any other items.
19. Great Eastern, Esprimo Pte Ltd and 42Technology Pte Ltd (collectively, the “Organisers”) reserve the right to replace any winners if she is disqualified or subsequently disqualified for any valid reason as determined by the Organisers, the Organisers’ decision shall be final and binding.
20. Great Eastern will not be liable for any technical glitches, faults, delays, virus, malware in the Mobile App or through Participant’s participation in the Virtual Milestone Challenge, nor for any loss and damage suffered as a result thereof.
21. By participating in the Virtual Milestone Challenge, each Participant agrees and consent to Great Eastern and its related corporations (collectively, the "Companies"), as well as their respective representatives, the Companies' authorised service providers and relevant third parties (the Companies and all the other foregoing parties, collectively, “Great Eastern Persons”), collecting, using, disclosing, and/or sharing amongst themselves such personal data, for purposes reasonably required by the Companies to conduct the Virtual Milestone Challenge which the participant is signing up for and such other purposes as described in Great Eastern's Privacy Statement (collectively, the “Purposes”) which is accessible from Great Eastern Singapore’s website, which each participant confirms they have read and understood.
Each Participant’s consent herein supplements but does not supersede nor replace any other consents that Participant may have previously provided to Great Eastern Persons, and each Participant’s consents herein are cumulative and additional to any rights which any of the Great Eastern Persons may have to collect, use, and/or disclose of a Participant’s Personal Data, with or without that Participant’s consent, to the extent permitted under applicable law.
22. Winners of each Milestone will be contacted within ten (10) working days after the end of each Milestone period via email (the "Notification Message"). If the winner cannot be contacted or does not respond by the date as indicated in the Notification Message, their prize will be forfeited, withdrawn or given to a reserve winner at the sole and absolute discretion of Great Eastern. Should a Participant be deemed ineligible after the announcement of all winners has been made, Great Eastern reserves the right to disqualify such Participant.
23. The Notification Message will set out the procedure for prize redemption.
24. A winner who does not respond to the Notification Message within one (1) month from the date of the Notification Message may have their prize forfeited, withdrawn or given to a reserve winner at the sole and absolute discretion of Great Eastern.
25. Great Eastern shall not be liable for or be responsible in respect of any expenses, losses, costs, damages, liabilities or other consequences of whatsoever nature (collectively “Losses”) suffered or incurred directly or indirectly by Participants of the Virtual Milestone Challenge howsoever caused or arising and without limiting the generality of the foregoing, whether by reason of or on account of any act or omission whether negligent or otherwise on the part of Great Eastern or its employees or agents.
26. Participants acknowledge and accept that the Prizes are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Great Eastern does not warrant, represent or guarantee the usability or quality of the Prizes as they are provided by a third party. To the fullest extent permitted by the law, Great Eastern disclaims all warranties (whether express or implied) including but not limited to warranties that the Prizes will meet the Prize winners’ requirements, warranties of satisfactory quality, warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. All issues with regard to using the Prize shall be directed to the applicable merchant and not to Great Eastern. Upon the issuance of a Prize to a winner, neither Great Eastern nor its employees, directors, officers, agents or assignee shall be responsible or liable in any way to any person for any prizes that are tampered, damaged or not working properly. Participants acknowledge and accept that all Prizes may also be subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by the third party merchant providing the relevant Prize.
27. Great Eastern reserves the right to vary the terms and conditions or withdraw this Virtual Milestone Challenge at any time without prior notice.
28. The decision of Great Eastern on all matters relating to the Virtual Milestone Challenge shall be final and binding on all customers.
29. Participants grant Great Eastern the rights necessary for distribution and public display of any content submitted as part of this Virtual Milestone Challenge, and hereby grants Great Eastern on a royalty-free basis the perpetual right to exclusively and without limitation freely use, modify, edit, copy, reproduce, distribute, broadcast, translate, create derivative works from, alter and publicly display or publish any such intellectual property rights, for whatever purpose, in any form or medium, either on the Instagram/ Facebook page or elsewhere, whether promotional or in other activities or events arranged in relation to Great Eastern Women’s Run, whether locally or worldwide.
30. The terms and conditions of the Virtual Milestone Challenge shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with Singapore law. The courts of Singapore shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising from the terms and conditions, including the validity and enforceability thereto.
31. By participating in the Virtual Milestone Challenge, the Participants shall be deemed to have agreed to abide by all terms and conditions of participating in the Virtual Milestone Challenge as set out here, including any amendments, additions, replacements and modifications hereto as may from time to time be made by Great Eastern.
32. Participants acknowledge and accept that they will be required to use third party programmes, software, websites and applications and will be subject to the terms and conditions, including privacy policies, governing a Participant’s use of such third party programmes, websites and applications. Great Eastern has no control over the rights and obligations governing a Participant’s use of any third party’s programmes, software, websites and applications.