DPS Birthday Treats Terms and Conditions
1. The Great Eastern Life Assurance Company Limited (“Great Eastern”) DPS Birthday Treats is a customer rewards programme for Dependant Protection Scheme (“DPS”) policyholders between the ages of 17 to 65 (based on age next birthday).
2. Policyholders who are eligible for the DPS Birthday Treats will be notified via electronic mailer (EDM) or short message service (SMS), a month before their birthday month.
3. The DPS Birthday Treats are available from the day when the policyholder receives the notification and will end a month after the policyholder’s birthday month. For example:
|Birthday Month||Birthday Treats Start Date||Birthday Treats End Date|
|May||When Policyholder receives the notification||30 June 2021|
4. All DPS Birthday Treats are non-refundable or exchangeable for cash or in kind.
5. There will be strictly no extension of the DPS Birthday Treats offer period.
DPS Birthday Treats (e-vouchers redeemable via UPGREAT)
6. Each eligible policyholder is entitled to redeem each DPS Birthday Treats e-voucher once only.
7. To redeem the DPS Birthday Treats e-voucher, policyholders will have to download and sign up for an UPGREAT account using a valid email address.
8. The DPS Birthday Treats e-vouchers are non-transferrable.
9. Redemption of DPS Birthday Treats e-vouchers are subject to the terms and conditions listed on each voucher.
10. Great Eastern is entitled to replace or withdraw the DPS Birthday Treats vouchers at any time without notice or liability.
Additional DPS Birthday Treats (Purchase of policy)
11. This Promotion is open to eligible DPS policyholders between the ages of 17 to 55 only (based on age next birthday) who purchase a qualifying plan with a minimum qualifying premium (“Qualifying Plan(s)”) as described below from Great Eastern.
|Qualifying Plan(s)||Qualifying Annualised Premium Per Plan||Rewards|
|Selected Accident & Health regular premium plans||Minimum of S$400* *after any premium discounts applied||3,000 UPGREAT points (worth S$30)|
12. The following plans will not constitute as Qualifying Plans for this Promotion:
· GREAT SupremeHealth series
· GREAT TotalCare and GREAT TotalCare Plus
· Government Scheme plans (eg: ElderShield Basic)
· ElderShield / CareShield series (eg. ElderShield Value Plus/Comprehensive/Great CareShield)
· All Life plans, Single Premium and Recurrent Single Premium Plans
13. Payment frequency for all Qualifying Plans can be on a monthly, quarterly, half yearly or yearly basis.
14. The plan will need to be inforce within 14 days from the DPS Birthday Treats end date. For example,
|Birthday Month||Birthday Treats Start Date||Birthday Treats End Date||Latest In Force Date|
|May||When Policyholder receives the notification||30 June 2021||14 July 2021|
15. Each policyholder is only entitled to one reward for the Qualifying Plan, regardless of the number of plans purchased.
16. This Promotion is not transferrable and not valid with other offers or promotions held by Great Eastern unless otherwise stated.
17. In the event that any duplicate reward is made or if the policy is cancelled within the free-look period, Great Eastern reserves the right to recover the full value of the reward (or duplicate reward, as the case may be) from the policyholder.
18. UPGREAT points will be credited into the eligible policyholder’s account within 2 months after the Birthday Treats end date, and after the 14-day free look period.
19. Eligible policyholders are required to download the UPGREAT mobile application and register for an account using a valid email address in order to receive the UPGREAT points.
20. If you have made a purchase of a Qualifying Plan and would like to verify your rewards, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
21. Great Eastern reserves the right to vary the terms and conditions or withdraw this Promotion at any time without prior notice. The decision of Great Eastern on all matters relating to this Promotion shall be final and binding on all customers.
22. The terms and conditions of this Promotion shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with Singapore law. The courts of Singapore shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising from the terms and conditions, including the validity and enforceability thereof.
Information updated as at 01 April 2021