GO GETGREAT with FairPrice On
As of 11 October 2019
Terms and conditions for Great Eastern’s “GO GETGREAT with FairPrice On Steps Quest”:
- The Great Eastern's “GO GETGREAT with FairPrice On Steps Quest” (the "Quest") is open to individuals ("Participants"; each a "Participant") who meet all the following criteria:
- Currently residing in Singapore;
- aged 18 years old and above at the point of registration of the Contest;
- current users of the Great Eastern’s GETGREAT mobile app;
- The Quest is an initiative by The Great Eastern Life Assurance Company Limited (“Great Eastern”) to increase awareness of Singapore residents regarding the GETGREAT app so that they can enjoy the many benefits brought by the health and wellness app.
- Participants with smartphones can sign up as GETGREAT members by downloading the GETGREAT mobile app from Google Play Store or Apple App Store. Participants who want to start tracking their steps will have the option of tracking their steps through a compatible steps tracker, or using fitness apps with steps tracking function. A list of compatible trackers are listed on the GETGREAT mobile app. No manual entry of steps is allowed.
- Each Participant is required to provide all requested information in the GETGREAT membership sign-up accurately as any failure to provide such information accurately will disqualify the Participant from the Quest.
- By participating in this Quest, all Participants shall be deemed to agree to abide by and be bound by these Terms and Conditions and any decisions made by Great Eastern concerning this Quest.
How to Join in the Quest
- The Quest tile can be found under the “Quest” page in the GETGREAT app and participants can start to track their steps from 0000 hours 11 October 2019 onwards.
- Once a Participant has signed up on the GETGREAT mobile app and set up his/her preferred steps tracking mode, he/she can start to accumulate steps. No additional sign up is required for this Quest. The steps accumulated during the Quest period will be counted towards the earning of STARS.
- STARS are the currency earned on the GETGREAT application and used to exchange for reward points on the UPGREAT application. Participants will be awarded with STARS for steps completed within the same day, provided that Participants sync their steps with the GETGREAT mobile app daily before 2359 hours. The exchange rate is 1 STAR for 1 UPGREAT reward point. Exchanges for UPGREAT rewards points can only be done in blocks of 500 (for all Participants), or 1000 STARS (only for Great Eastern Policyholders who are Participants).
- For avoidance of doubt, the steps accumulated during the Quest period does not guarantee the earning of at least 500 STARS by the end of the Quest period. Participants can take part in other various activities and programmes to earn more STARS on the GETGREAT application.
- Participants should note that the STARS expire at the end of every month (i.e. on 31 October 2019 for October 2019) and any unredeemed STARS in their GETGREAT account after the last day of the month will be forfeited.
Duration and Conduct of the Quest
- The duration of the Quest ("The Quest Period") shall commence from 0000 hours on 11 October 2019 and will end on 2359 hours on 30 October 2019 (Singapore Time).
- Quest Mechanics:
Participants will be required to clock at least 7,000 steps every day or clock a minimum total of 140,000 steps during the Quest Period. Participants will have to sync their step trackers to the GETGREAT app daily before 2359 hours to record their step count for that day. These steps will also count towards their tally for the total number of steps clocked during the Quest Period.
Participants must fill up an online form with a write-up on “What motivates you to eat healthy and how do you do it?” in not more than 50 words, along with other Quest entry information as required in the online form. The online form must be submitted by 30 October 2019, 2359 hours.
Participants who have fulfilled Steps 1 and 2 of the Quest Mechanics will stand a chance to win Prizes under the Quest.
- These are the Prizes (the “Prize(s)”):
No. of Winners
· $500 worth of FairPrice On e-vouchers
· Samsung Galaxy Watch Active worth $368
· Samsung Galaxy Watch Active worth $368
· $100 worth of FairPrice On e-vouchers
· $10 worth of FairPrice On e-vouchers
Special Participation Prize
All participants who fulfil both Steps 1 and 2 of the Quest Mechanics will receive a one-time redeemable promotion code that can be used for a discount of either $5 (min. spend of $80) or $12 (min. spend of $110) on their FairPrice On purchases. Please note that only the first 3,000 redemptions of these promotion codes (regardless of whether the discount is for $5 or $12 off) will be permitted.
- Judging criteria for winners:
- Participants must clock at least 7,000 steps every day or clock a minimum total of 140,000 steps during the Quest Period.
- Participants must submit an online form with a write-up on “What motivates you to eat healthy and how do you do it?” in not more than 50 words. Judging criteria and weightage will be based on the following
- Topic relevancy (30 points weightage)
- Clarity and creativity (30 points weightage)
- Motivating factor(s) (20 points weightage )
- How to eat healthy (20 points weightage)
- Every participant that meets the above criteria stands a chance to win one of the Prizes. The Prizes will be allocated from the highest value to the lowest value based on each Participant’s score given during the judging process.
- The Judges’ decision is final, no further correspondence will be entertained.
- Great Eastern may, in its sole and absolute discretion and without prior notice, replace, change or substitute any Prize with another of similar value.
- The Prizes are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Great Eastern does not warrant, represent or guarantee the usability or quality of the Prizes, or that the claims made by the manufacturers, distributors and/or service providers of the Prizes are accurate. To the fullest extent permitted by the law, Great Eastern disclaims all warranties (whether express or implied) including but not limited to warranties that the Prizes will meet the Prize winners’ requirements, warranties of satisfactory quality, warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. All warranty claims with regard to a Prize shall be directed to the applicable manufacturer/service provider and not to Great Eastern. Upon the issuance of a Prize to a Prize winner, neither Great Eastern nor its employees, directors, officers, agents or assignee shall be responsible or liable in any way to any person for any prizes that are tampered, damaged or not working properly.
- The winners must remain as users of the GETGREAT mobile app at the point of collection of the Prize(s). Failure to do so will render the winner(s) disqualified from receiving the Prize(s).
- Prizes are not exchangeable for cash, credits or otherwise.
- Great Eastern reserves the right to select new winner(s) in the event that the winner(s) originally selected do not meet the terms and conditions of the Quest and eligibility criteria of the Quest.
Prize Redemption Procedure for the Winners
- Great Eastern will notify the winners by email within fourteen (14) days from the judges’ decision (the "Notification Email"). Great Eastern shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to contact and notify the prize winners.
FairPrice On Prizes:
- The Prizes will be pushed as e-vouchers to the winners’ UPGREAT account as per their GETGREAT email address, and can be found under “My Vouchers”. The e-vouchers will come with unique promotion codes in different denominations for the winners to redeem.
- The Prizes will be pushed as e-vouchers to the winners’ UPGREAT account as per their GETGREAT email address, and can be found under “My Vouchers”. To collect their prizes, the winners are to present the e-voucher in person at Samsung Experience Store, 200 Victoria Street, Bugis Junction, #01-63/63A Singapore 180021. Details of the collection instructions will be provided in the Notification Email.
- Any Prizes not claimed by the deadline as stated in the Notification Email may be forfeited, withdrawn or given to a reserve winner at the sole and absolute discretion of Great Eastern.
- Great Eastern may vary these terms and conditions without notice, or discontinue or withdraw the Quest at any time without any notice or liability to any party.
- Participants agree to abide by all the terms and conditions governing the use of the GETGREAT mobile app, which are expressly incorporated herein and can be found on the GETGREAT mobile app.
- Participants with medical conditions or specific healthcare needs should consult with their doctor before engaging in any physical activity.
- Participants should not engage in any physical activity or the Quest activities or events if they are not feeling well.
- The output and the corresponding data of the GETGREAT app do not constitute medical advice and is not meant as a substitute for medical consultations or other professional services related to health.
- Great Eastern shall not be responsible, under any theory of liability or indemnity, for any injuries sustained/casualty that arise directly and/or indirectly from the participation in the Quest.
- Great Eastern shall not be liable for/or in respect of any expenses, losses, costs, damages, liabilities or other consequences of whatsoever nature (collectively “Losses”) suffered or incurred directly or indirectly by participants of the Quest howsoever caused or arising and without limiting the generality of the foregoing, whether by reason of/or on account of any act or omission whether negligent or otherwise on the part of Great Eastern or its servants or agents, even if Great Eastern or its agents or employees are advised of the possibility of such Losses.
- Great Eastern reserves the right to investigate cases of suspected fraud and suspend a Participant’s participation status including the accumulation of 140,000 steps during the Quest Period.
- Great Eastern reserves the right to disqualify and withdraw the participation of any person who is non-compliant to the terms and conditions of the Quest, in its sole discretion.
- Participants agree and consent to being contacted by Great Eastern to obtain feedback about the Quest, the GETGREAT mobile app and/or physical activity tracking device used in the Contest.
- Great Eastern’s decision on all matters relating to the Quest is final and binding on all Participants. Great Eastern will not entertain any queries with regard to any Quest results, and will not be obliged to provide the reason(s) for its awarding decision to a Participant.
- By participating in this Quest, each Participant agrees and consents to Great Eastern and the sponsor, FairPrice to collect, use, disclose and publish any particulars of the Participants (e.g. photographs, recordings or postings) taken or made during the Quest Period for publicity and/or advertising purposes across all media and platforms, whether now known or in the future invented, and whether in its original or edited format without any payment, fee or compensation whatsoever.
- By participating in this Quest, each Participant agrees and consents to Great Eastern, its related corporations (collectively, the “Companies”), as well as their respective representatives, agents, the Companies’ authorized service providers and relevant third parties collecting, using and/or disclosing his personal data for purposes reasonably required by the Companies to administer the Quest (including but not limited to facilitating the redemption of the Prize).
- The Quest and these terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore. The Courts of Singapore shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising from these terms and conditions, including the validity and enforceability thereof.
- For further information on the GETGREAT app and its existing activities, please refer to https://www.greateasternlife.com/sg/en/mobile-apps/getgreat.html