As of 17 September 2020
Terms and conditions for Great Eastern’s “The UPGREAT Virtual Vacay” contest:
1. The Great Eastern “The UPGREAT Virtual Vacay” (the "Contest") is open to individuals ("Participants"; each a "Participant") who meet all the following criteria:
a. currently residing in Singapore;
b. aged 18 years old and above at the point of registration of the Contest (registration procedures are set out in Clause 10);
c. users of Great Eastern’s UPGREAT mobile app; and
d. have an Instagram and/or Facebook account set to ‘Public’ at the point of registration of the Contest until the end of the Contest Period (as defined below).
2. The Contest is an initiative by The Great Eastern Life Assurance Company Limited (“Great Eastern”) to drive awareness of Singapore residents to the UPGREAT mobile app so that they can enjoy the many benefits brought by the UPGREAT mobile app.
3. Participants with smartphones can sign up as UPGREAT members by downloading the UPGREAT mobile app from Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
4. Each Participant is required to provide all requested information in the UPGREAT membership sign-up accurately as any failure to provide such information accurately will disqualify the Participant from the Contest.
5. Each participant in the Contest will also need to have an Instagram and/or Facebook account that is set to ‘public’.
6. A Participant shall be deemed to have participated in this Contest where he/she has filled up and submitted the Entry Submission Form (as defined below) in accordance with Clause 10e and the instructions set out in the Entry Submission Form.
a. By participating in this Contest, all Participants shall be deemed to agree to abide by and be bound by these Terms and Conditions and any decisions made by Great Eastern concerning this Contest.
Duration and Conduct of the Contest
8. The duration of the Contest ("The Contest Period") shall commence from 0000 hours on 17 Sep 2020 and will end on 2359 hours on 31 Oct 2020 (Singapore Time).
9. Each Participant’s UPGREAT account, Instagram handle/Facebook account and phone number shall be limited to one (1) contest entry.
10. How to Join
a. Post a photo of your favorite travel memories with a single creative caption (100 words or less) telling us both (i) your favorite travel memories, and (ii) what you miss most about the travelling experience.
b. Include one (1) hashtag: #UPGREATvacay
c. Tag 3 friends on the post
d. Set the Instagram and/or Facebook account to ‘Public’
e. Submit the URL of your Instagram and/or Facebook post and other contest entry information as required to the designated online form (the “Entry Submission Form”), in accordance with the instructions on the Entry Submission Form, which may be accessed at https://www.greateasternlife.com/sg/en/mobile-apps/upgreat/the-upgreat-virtual-vacay-social-media-contest.html.
11. Submission of the duly completed Entry Submission Form must be made before 31 Oct 2020, 2359 hours.
12. There will be three (3) winners in the Contest. Each Participant with a winning entry will receive a voucher for a 2D1N stay for 2 at the Stamford Suite in the Capitol Kempinski Hotel Singapore (the “Prize(s)”).
13. Judging criteria for winners
a. Creativity of photo composition, location and style (25 points)
b. Originality of post (25 points)
c. Caption: A caption under 100 words detailing both (i) the contestant’s favorite travel memories, and (ii) what the contestant misses most about the travelling experience (50 points)
14. Contest entries shall comprise only still images. Video, animations and/or other forms of dynamic images will not be accepted.
15. Judging to be completed by 13 Nov 2020. Judges may decide on the winning entries at their sole discretion, and judges’ decision is final, no further correspondence will be entertained.
16. Winners will be announced within fourteen (14) days from the judges’ decision on the GetGreat and UpGreat Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/GETGREATUPGREAT/.
17. Great Eastern may, in its sole and absolute discretion and without prior notice, replace, change or substitute any Prize with another of similar value.
18. The Prizes are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Great Eastern does not warrant, represent or guarantee the usability, availability or quality of the Prizes, or that the claims made by the manufacturers, distributors and/or service providers of the Prizes are accurate. To the fullest extent permitted by the law, Great Eastern disclaims all warranties (whether express or implied) including but not limited to warranties that the Prizes will meet the Prize winners’ requirements, warranties of satisfactory quality, warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Upon the issuance of a Prize to a Prize winner, neither Great Eastern nor its employees, directors, officers, agents or assignee shall be responsible or liable in any way to any person for any prizes that are tampered, damaged or not working properly.
19. For the avoidance of doubt, all Prizes are subject to the terms and conditions implemented by third parties (including but not limited to RebateMango Pte Ltd and Kempinski AG), and may be changed from time to time.
20. The winners must remain as users of the UPGREAT mobile app at the point of collection of the Prize(s). Failure to do so will render the winner(s) disqualified from receiving the Prize(s).
21. Prizes are not exchangeable for cash, credits or otherwise.
22. Great Eastern reserves the right to select new winner(s) in the event that the winner(s) originally selected do not meet the terms and conditions of the Contest and eligibility criteria of the Contest.
Prize Redemption Procedure for the Winners
23. Great Eastern will notify the winners by email within fourteen (14) days from the judges’ decision (the "Notification Email"). Great Eastern shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to contact and notify the prize winners.
24. The Prizes are to be collected by the winners in person with a print-out of the Notification Email and original NRIC at Great Eastern Centre, 1 Pickering Street, Singapore within two (2) months from the date of issuance of the Notification Email. Details of the collection instructions will be provided in the Notification Email.
25. Any Prizes not claimed within two (2) months from the date of issuance of the Notification Email may be forfeited, withdrawn or given to a reserve winner at the sole and absolute discretion of Great Eastern.
26. Great Eastern may vary these terms and conditions without notice, or discontinue or withdraw the Contest at any time without any notice or liability to any party.
27. Participants agree to abide by all the terms and conditions governing the use of the UPGREAT mobile app, which are expressly incorporated herein and can be found on the UPGREAT mobile app.
28. Great Eastern shall not be responsible, under any theory of liability or indemnity, for any injuries sustained/casualty that arise directly and/or indirectly from the participation in the Contest
29. Great Eastern shall not be liable for/or in respect of any claims, expenses, losses, costs, damages, liabilities or other consequences of whatsoever nature (collectively “Losses”) suffered or incurred directly or indirectly by participants of the Contest arising out of or in connection with the Contest, howsoever caused or arising and without limiting the generality of the foregoing, whether by reason of/or on account of any act or omission whether negligent or otherwise on the part of Great Eastern or its servants or agents, even if Great Eastern or its agents or employees are advised of the possibility of such Losses.
30. Great Eastern reserves the right to investigate cases of suspected fraud and suspend a Participant’s participation status, and Participants shall co-operate fully in such investigations.
31. Each Contest entry shall not contain tags or hashtags of any brand name of any entity, save for the brand name of Great Eastern and/or any of its related corporation (as defined in the Companies Act of Singapore) (Great Eastern and such related corporations hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Companies”).
32. Great Eastern reserves the right to disqualify and withdraw the participation of any person who is non-compliant to the terms and conditions of the Contest, as well as to remove/request the removal of any social media post that is non-compliant with the terms and conditions of the Contest, in its sole discretion. Participants shall promptly remove any post made pursuant to this Contest, upon receiving a written request to do so from Great Eastern.
33. Participants agree and consent to being contacted by Great Eastern to obtain feedback about the Contest and the UPGREAT mobile app.
34. Great Eastern’s decision on all matters relating to the Contest is final and binding on all Participants. Great Eastern will not entertain any queries with regard to any Contest results, and will not be obliged to provide the reason(s) for its awarding decision to a Participant.
35. Without limiting the generality of any other provision in these terms and conditions, by participating in this Contest, each Participant agrees and consents to each of the Companies collecting, using, disclosing and publishing any Contest entry and the personal data of that Participant (e.g. photographs, recordings or postings) taken or made during the Contest Period for each of their commercial purposes (including but without limitation, publicity and/or advertising purposes across all media and platforms, whether now known or in the future invented, and whether in its original or edited format) without any payment, fee or compensation whatsoever.
36. By participating in this Contest, each Participant agrees and consents to the Companies, as well as their respective representatives, agents, the Companies’ authorized service providers and relevant third parties collecting, using and/or disclosing his/her personal data for purposes reasonably required by the Companies to administer the Contest (including but not limited to facilitating the redemption of the Prize).
37. By participating in this Contest, each Participant agrees that the copyright and all other intellectual property rights in each Contest entry shall vest unconditionally and immediately with Great Eastern the submission of a duly completed Entry Submission Form.
38. By participating in this Contest, each Participant represents and warrants that his/her Contest entry (i) is his/her original work and does not infringe upon the rights of any third party (including any intellectual property rights of any third party) and (ii) does not violate any applicable laws or regulations.
39. All posts made pursuant to this Contest must not contain any material which is (or promotes activities which are) sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, violent, discriminatory (based on without limitation, race, sex, religion, physical disability, sexual orientation etc), illegal, offensive, threatening, profane or harassing or which is otherwise inappropriate, in the sole discretion of Great Eastern, nor may any such post contain any derogatory references to any of the Companies or any other person or entity.
40. Each Participant shall fully indemnify the Companies from and against any and all claims and/or Losses or whatever nature suffered, sustained or incurred, arising out of his/her breach of Clauses 32, 38 or 39.
41. All costs associated with entering and participating in the Contest is the sole responsibility of the Participant.
42. The Contest and these terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore. The Courts of Singapore shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising from these terms and conditions, including the validity and enforceability thereof.
43. If any provision of these terms and conditions is determined to be invalid, illegal or void by any court or administrative body of competent jurisdiction then the rest of these terms and conditions shall still remain in full force and effect.
44. By participating in the Contest, Participants hereby agree to all the terms and conditions of participation in the Contest as set out herein, including all amendments, additions, replacements and modifications hereto as may from time to time be made by Great Eastern.