Designation: Senior Consultant
Language spoken: English, Mandarin, Hokkien, Bahasa Melayu
Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital
Mount Alvernia Hospital
Mount Elizabeth Hospital
Centurion Orthopaedic Centre 38 Irrawaddy Road #08-35 Mt Elizabeth Novena Hospital Specialist Centre Singapore 329563
Operating Hours: Mon - Fri : 9:00AM to 6:00PM. Sat: 9:00AM to 1:00PM Sun : Closed Public Holiday : Closed After Office-hour and Emergency consults: WhatsApp 96237153
Dr Ang has more than 17 years of Orthopaedic experience and has performed more than 5000 orthopaedic surgeries and more than 1000 knee surgeries. He sub-specialises in Joint Reconstructions, Sports Orthopaedics, and Fracture Surgery.
Dr Ang treats his patients using a variety of non-surgical and surgical methods. His treatment philosophy emphasizes individualising each Patient's treatment method in order to achieve the best outcomes and to match the Patient's expectations. He is an expert in Key-Hole (Arthroscopic) surgeries of the Knee, Hip, Shoulder and Ankle . He has performed complex knee and hip joint replacements for patients up to 90 years old.
Dr Ang graduated from the National University of Singapore. He has worked at The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital in UK and was a Fellow of the American Orthopaedic Association.
Professional Positions and Memberships:
Senior Consultant, Centurion Orthopaedic Centre. Fellow, American College of Surgeons. Member, Singapore Orthopaedic Assocation. Member, Asia-Pacific Hip & Knee Association. Member, Singapore Medical Association. Member, British Orthopaedic Oncology Society
MBBS (NUS). Master of Medicine (NUS, Orthopaedic Surgery). Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh. US ECFMG Certified.
Awards and Publications
1. Unconstrained arthroplasty in type II valgus knees: posterior stabilized or cruciate retaining? Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 2014
2. Multiple locations of nerve compression: an unusual cause of persistent lower limb paresthesia. J Foot Ankle Surg 2014
3. A variant of patellar clunk syndrome after bilateral total knee arthroplasty: clinical manifestations and arthroscopic images. Orthop Surg 2014
4. Quality of cementation in conventional versus minimally invasive total knee arthroplasty. J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong) 2016
5. Necrotizing fasciitis caused by Cryptococcus gattii. Am J Orthopaedics 2015
6. Minimally invasive computer-assisted total knee arthroplasty compared with conventional total knee arthroplasty: A prospective 9-year follow-up. J Arthroplasty 2016
7. Acetabular prosthetic protrusio after bipolar hemi-arthroplasty of the hip: case report and review of the literature. J Orthop Case Rep 2016