Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Language spoken: English, Mandarin, Hokkien
Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital
Thomson Medical Centre (TMC)
Mount Alvernia Hospital
Parkway East Hospital
Mount Elizabeth Hospital
HAFcare OG Clinic Thomson Medical Centre 339 Thomson Road #05-04A
Operating Hours: Mon, Fri: 830am - 530pm; Wed: 10am - 830pm
HAFcare Novena Clinic Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital 38 Irrawaddy Road #09-35 S329563
Operating Hours: Tue, Thur: 830am -530pm; Sat 830am - 1230pm
Graduated in 2003 from medical school of National University of Singapore, Dr Chin pursued her specialist training locally and obtained her postgraduate qualification from Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, United Kingdom in 2008. She is a Fellow of the Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists (London) and a Fellow of the Academy of Medicine (Singapore).
Having worked in KK Hospital for many years prior to setting up her own practice, she has vast experiences in managing various obstetric and gynaecological cases including deliveries and gynaecological surgeries.
She has a special interest in minimally invasive surgery especially advanced hysteroscopic surgery for which she did her HMDP (human manpower development plan award) in Japan in mid-2014. She is accredited for advanced minimally invasive surgeries. She is familiar with hysteroscopic ligation and has extensive experiences in hysteroscopic myomectomies.
She also takes an interest in pre-invasive diseases, for which she obtained colposcopic and laser accreditations. She set up the molar clinic for the KK hospital during her time there to better look after the special needs of this group of patients.
Apart from her clinical roles, she is passionate about teaching and imparting clinical and surgical skills to the juniors. She was appointed as clinical lecturer and MBBS examiner at NUS Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine and currently still holds Clinical Physician Faculty Member at SingHealth Residency Program as part of her role to train future specialists. She is also actively involved in clinical research. She has published on several scientific journals and presented in many international conferences. She is an editor to several international journals.
Professional Positions and Memberships:
Singapore Medical Association Since 2003
Obstetrical and Gynaecological Society of Singapore Since 2006
The Society for Colposccopy & Cervical Pathology of Singapore Since 2009
International Journal of Gynecology & Clinical Practices Jul 2015 to present
SRL Reproductive Medicine & Gynecology Nov 2015 to present
Annals of Clinical Case Reports Feb 2016 to present
Clinical Lecturer Aug 2009 to Nov 2015
NUS Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Clinical Physician Faculty Member Jul 2013 to present
SingHealth Residency Program
Trainer for Regional MRCOG part II examination course in Singapore Jan 2015 to present
MBBS, MRCOG (UK), FAMS
Awards and Publications
1. H Chin, GSH Yeo. Screening for gestational diabetes: approaches, benefits and risks. JPOG 2009; 257-263
2. H Chin et al. Treatment outcomes of infertile couples undergoing microsurgical techniques of sperm recovery. SJOG 2010; 30-32
3. MS Hendricks, H Chin, SF Loh. Treatment outcome of women with a single ovary undergoing in vitro fertilisation cycle. Singapore Med J 2010; 51: 698-701
4. H Chin, BSM Chern. Pregnancy outcome in HIV-positive women in Singapore. Proceedings of Singapore Healthcare 2014; 23: 38-41
5. H Chin, XH Ong, KL Yam, B Chern. Extra-uterine fibroids – a diagnostic challenge and a long term battle. BMJ Case Rep 2014. doi:10.1136/bcr-2014-204928
6. Bao-Liang Lin, H Chin, Midori Ookouchia , Takashi Takedaa, Takeshi Suzukia, Kazunori Uenoa et al. Invention of a new Lin soft outer sheath as the continuous flow system for the diagnostic flexible hysteroscopy. GMIT 2015; 4: 87-90