Language spoken: English, Mandarin, Bahasa Melayu, Hokkien
Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital
Mount Elizabeth Hospital
Parkway East Hospital
Farrer Park Hospital
Mount Alvernia Hospital
Royal Square Novena 101 Irrawaddy Road, #07-01 Singapore 329565
Mon to Friday: 8.30am to 6pm,
Saturday: 8.30am to 1pm,
Sunday and Public holiday: closed
Tel: 69318000, 96793103 (whatsapp)
Dr Loh graduated from University of Malaya in 1999. He had his basic medical training in Malaysia and subsequently obtained his membership of Royal Colleges of Physicians of the United Kingdom (MRCP) and Master of Medicine from National University of Singapore in 2006.
He pursued his specialist training in Singapore in both gastroenterology and advanced internal medicine. Dr Loh is one of the few doctors in Singapore who is accredited by Ministry of Health and registered as specialist in two specialties. With his background in gastroenterology and advanced internal medicine, he is experienced in managing complex gastroenterology and general medical problems, which are often interrelated and need holistic approach in the management.
He has interest in the treatment of advanced liver diseases. This led him to be later trained under Professor Chen Chao Long, who is the world renowned pioneer in living donor liver transplantation, in Kaohsiung Chang Gung Memorial Hospital. The hospital is the leading hospital in Asia performing living donor liver transplantation.
He worked as a consultant in Changi General hospital after his return from his training. He provided his expertise in the coordination of care for patients with advanced liver diseases with transplant centres in Singapore and was also instrumental in the setting up of the liver clinic in Changi General hospital, which treated the most number of viral hepatitis C patients in Singapore.
He is easy approachable and well versed in several languages. For this, he is well liked by his patients and was previously accorded several awards by the institutions for his service excellence.
He was also actively involved in the training of the young doctors and was a clinical senior lecturer to medical students from NUS Yong Loo Lin school of medicine and also a core faculty for Singhealth senior residency program to train young gastroenterologist.
Professional Positions and Memberships:
1) Member of the Royal Colleges of Physicians of the United Kingdom (MRCP),
2) Fellow of the Academy of Medicine Singapore (FAMS),
3) Member of the European Association for the study of the Liver (EASL),
4) Member of the Gastroenterological Society of Singapore,
5) Medical director for Singapore emergency ambulance services,
6) Former core faculty for Singhealth Gastroenterology Senior Residency program,
7) Former clinical senior lecturer for YLL school of medicine, National University of Singapore
1) Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS),
2) Member of the Royal Colleges of Physician of the United Kingdom (MRCP),
3) Master of Medicine in Internal Medicine (National University of Singapore),
4) Singapore Accreditation Board certified Gastroenterologist,
5) Singapore Accreditation Board certified Internal Medicine Specialist,
6) Fellowship of Liver Transplantation at Kaohsiung Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taiwan
1)Singapore Accreditation Board certified Gastroenterologist
2)Singapore Accreditation Board certified Internal Medicine Specialist
Awards and Publications
2014 Health Manpower Development Plan Award by MOH
2010 Singapore Health Quality Service Award (Silver)
2011 Singapore Health Quality Service Award (Gold)
2012 Eastern Health Alliance Caring Award (Silver)
2014 Best Educator Award (Medical-undergraduate)
2014 Dean's Award for Teaching Excellence (NUH)