2. Policyholders who are eligible for the Birthday Treats will be notified via electronic mailer (EDM) or short message service (SMS), a month before their birthday.
3. Only policyholders who have given their marketing consent to Great Eastern will receive the notification.
4. The Birthday Treats are available from the day when the policyholder receives the notification and will end a month after the policyholder’s birthday month. For example:
|Birthday Month||Birthday Treats Start Date||Birthday Treats End Date|
|When Policyholder receives the notification||31 March 2021|
5. All Birthday Treats are non-refundable or exchangeable for cash or in kind
6. There will be strictly no extension of the birthday treats offer period.
Birthday Treats (e-vouchers redeemable via UPGREAT)
7. Each eligible policyholder is entitled to redeem each Birthday Treats e-voucher once only.
8. To redeem the Birthday Treats e-voucher, policyholders will have to download and sign up for an UPGREAT account using a valid email address.
9. The Birthday Treats e-vouchers are non-transferrable.
10. Redemption of Birthday Treats e-vouchers are subject to the terms and conditions listed on each voucher.
11. Great Eastern is entitled to replace or withdraw the Birthday Treats vouchers at any time without notice or liability.
Additional Birthday Treats (Purchase of policy)
12. This Promotion is open to eligible policyholders between the ages of 17 to 55 only (based on age next birthday) who purchase a qualifying plan with a minimum qualifying premium (“Qualifying Plan(s)”) as described below from The Great Eastern Life Assurance Company Limited (“Great Eastern”).
|Qualifying Plans||Qualifying Annualised Premium Per Plan||Rewards|
|Selected new Life regular premium plans||Minimum of S$1,500||10,000 UPGREAT points (worth S$100)|
|Selected Accident & Health regular premium plans||Minimum of S$400||3,000 UPGREAT points (worth S$30)|
13. The following plans will not constitute as Qualifying Plans for this Promotion:
14. Payment frequency for all Qualifying Plans can be on a monthly, quarterly, half yearly or yearly basis.
15. The plan will need to be in force within 14 days from the Promotion end date. For example,
|Birthday Month||Promotion Start Date||Promotion End Date||Latest In Force Date|
|April||When Policyholder receives the notification||31 May 2021||14 June 2021|
16. Each policyholder is only entitled to one reward for each category of Qualifying Plans, regardless of the number of plans purchased.
17. This promotion is not transferrable and not valid with other offers or promotions held by Great Eastern unless otherwise stated.
18. In the event that any duplicate reward is made or if the policy is cancelled within the free-look period, Great Eastern reserves the right to recover the full value of the reward (or duplicate reward, as the case may be) from the policyholder.
19. UPGREAT points will be credited into the eligible policyholder’s account within 2 months after the Birthday Treats end date, and after the 14-day free look period.
20. Eligible policyholders are required to download the UPGREAT mobile application and register for an account using a valid email address in order to receive the UPGREAT points.
21. Great Eastern reserves the right to vary the terms and conditions or withdraw this Promotion at any time without prior notice. The decision of Great Eastern on all matters relating to this Promotion shall be final and binding on all customers.
22. The terms and conditions of this promotion shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with Singapore law. The courts of Singapore shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising from the terms and conditions, including the validity and enforceability thereof.
Information updated as at 1 April 2021