Getting Drive and Save Plus car insurance
1. What are the available plan types of Drive and Save Plus car insurance?
The choices of plans include:
a. Comprehensive (Authorised Workshop)
b. Comprehensive (Any Workshop)
c. Third Party, Fire & Theft
d. Third Party only
2. Which Drive and Save Plus plan should I purchase?
Most vehicle owners prefer the Comprehensive (Authorised Workshop) plan to cover liability to third parties and also cover for repairs of damages to the own vehicle caused by accidents, fire, flood and/or theft. However, you may want to opt for the Comprehensive (Any Workshop) plan if your vehicle is still within the warranty period as this allows you to go back to the original dealer for repairs.
3. Why should I consider Comprehensive (Authorised Workshop) plan?
Subject to the age of the vehicle and the insured's eligibility, with Comprehensive (Authorised Workshop) plan, you can enjoy excess waiver and quality accident repairs when repairs upon accident are done in a GEG (Great Eastern General)'s Authorised Workshop.
4. Can I repair my damage vehicle at any workshop?
It will depend on the plan type:
a. Drive and Save Plus Comprehensive (Authorised Workshop): This plan will require the Insured to repair the damaged vehicle including Windscreen damage at any GEG's Authorised Workshop.
b. Drive and Save Plus Comprehensive (Any Workshop): This plan allows Insured to repair damaged vehicle including Windscreen damage at any preferred workshop including vehicle's authorised dealer and GEG's Authorised Workshop.
c. Drive and Save Plus Third Party Fire and Theft: This plan will cover fire damage to, or theft of, your vehicle. It also covers your liability to the third parties for bodily injury and property damage.
d. Drive and Save Plus Third Party only: This plan will cover your legal liability against death or bodily injuries and damage to property of third parties only.
5. Who should I contact if I want to know more about Drive and Save Plus or get a quotation?
For more enquiries or quotation:
6. Where do I find my car’s details?
You can check your car details here at LTA's website.
7. Who can buy Drive and Save Plus?
We can offer car insurance if:
- You are a resident of Singapore holding NRIC or FIN;
- Your private car is registered under your name as an individual;
- Your private car is only used for non-commercial purposes;
- Your private car is in roadworthy condition within LTA guidelines;
- Your private car is 10 years old or less from year of manufacture for Comprehensive plan;
- Your private car is 15 years old or less from year of manufacture for Third Party, Fire and Theft plan
- Your private car is 20 years old or less from year of manufacture for Third Party Only plan
- You have not had 3 or more at-fault claims in the last 3 years (excluding windscreen claims);
- You have not been revoked or suspended driving licence in the last 3 years, or never been convicted of DUI (Driving Under the Influence) or DWI (Driving While Intoxicated);
- You have never been refused to buy/renew any car insurance, nor has your car insurance ever been cancelled/voided by your insurer.
8. Can I apply Drive and Save Plus to insure my commercial vehicle or if I use my car for my job or for any business purposes?
No, Drive and Save Plus is only applicable to private cars.
9. Are all private cars eligible to apply for Drive and Save Plus?
Normally, all private cars are eligible. However, there may be instances where we may need to underwrite the vehicle on a special basis due to vehicle make and model, engine capacity, special modifications and the Insured's claims history.
10. Why can’t I find my car model on Great Eastern’s online car list?
Some car models, for example, high-performance, exotic or luxury models are not on our online list, as it requires further underwriting. We require more information from you to be able to offer car insurance quotation for your vehicle. If you don’t see your car model on our online list, please give us a call at 6248 2888, Mondays to Fridays, 9am to 5.30pm (excluding public holidays) or email us at GICarefirstname.lastname@example.org
11. Does the policy have any exclusions related to modifications?
We provide cover as long as your vehicle modification is within the Land Transport Authority (LTA) guidelines and carried out by a certified technician. Please note that damaged parts will be covered based on the manufacturer’s standard specifications.
12. Where can I check if I am eligible for the Safe Driver Discount?
We provide you with a safe driver discount if you are demerit-point free for the past three years along with your NCD at 30% and above. You can check if you are entitled to a Certificate of Merit from the Singapore Traffic Police.
13. How long is my Drive and Save Plus insurance quote valid for?
Your car insurance quote is valid for 14 days after the first date on which you obtained the quote.
14. My car is still under manufacturer/dealer warranty. What should I do?
If your car is within the manufacturer’s / dealer’s warranty period, you may opt for the Comprehensive (Any Workshop) plan which allows you to bring your vehicle back to the dealer’s workshop for repairs in the event of an accident.
15. How will I receive my policy documents?
For online submissions, you will receive your policy documents via email upon successful payment confirmation. There will not be any hardcopy mailed to you.
For manual submissions, policy documents will be sent to the mailing address indicated in the proposal form.
Back to top