Table of Benefits
|Features||Care Plus Programme|
|Minimum number of Activities of Daily Living that the Member is unable to perform||3|
|Benefit Payment Period||For up to 60 Months (limited to one claim only)|
|Death Benefit (while receiving Monthly Benefit)||S$3,000|
|Membership Term||1 year from the date that the member receives confirmation of membership
This Programme is protected under the Policy Owners' Protection Scheme which is administered by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation (SDIC). Coverage is automatic and no further action is required from you. For more information on the types of benefits that are covered under the scheme as well as the limits of coverage, where applicable, please contact us or visit the Life Insurance Association (LIA) or SDIC websites (www.lia.org.sg or www.sdic.org.sg).
Terms and Conditions
- The Care Plus Programme for each confirmed Member will run for 12 months, starting from the date he receives a confirmation email from Great Eastern on the successful enrolment into the Program.
- Eligibility for Programme
(a) The Programme is applicable to Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents who are born between 1 January 1980 to 30 September 1990 (both dates inclusive).
(b) To sign up for the Programme, Great Eastern must receive the application via Great Eastern website on or before 30 September 2020 at 2359hrs, and the member must received an email from Great Eastern confirming his membership.
(c) The Member’s membership into the Programme will commence from the date that the Member receives the confirmation email from Great Eastern, and will terminate on:
i. The death of the Member; or
ii. The date on which the Member recovers from the 1st Disability claim; or
iii. The date on which the 60th monthly benefit has been paid out;
iv. The date on which the one year membership period ends, should there be no claim,
v. The date on which the Member writes in or calls the Company’s Customer Service to withdraw from the programme,
whichever is earliest.
- Membership in the Programme is non-transferrable and may only be applied once, and to the Member individually.
- By joining the Programme, the Member declares that:
(a) all the information on the Programme application form is true and complete, and to the best of his knowledge; and
(b) he understands that any misrepresentation or concealment of facts can render his membership into the Programme, and any other policy which the Member has with Great Eastern to which the information applies, null and void.
- For the purpose of the Programme, “Severe Disability” shall mean the inability of the Member to perform at least three (3) of the following Activities of Daily Living, even with the aid of special equipment, and which requires significant assistance from another person for the entire activity:
(a) Washing – the ability to wash in the bath or shower (including getting into and out of the bath or shower) or do a sponge / bed bath.
(b) Dressing – the ability to put on, take off, secure and unfasten all garments and, as appropriate, any braces, artificial limbs or other surgical or medical appliances.
(c) Feeding – the ability to feed oneself food after it has been prepared and made available.
(d) Toileting – the ability to use the toilet or manage bowel and bladder function through the use of protective undergarments such as diapers, or surgical appliances if appropriate.
(e) Mobility – the ability to move indoors from room to room on level surfaces.
(f) Transferring – the ability to move from a bed to an upright chair or wheelchair, and vice versa.
- Subject to Clause 8, if the Member suffers a Severe Disability (as defined in Clause 5), during the Membership Period, Great Eastern will pay to the Member or his appointed family member/ legal representative, the sum of S$600 per month for up to sixty (60) months (“Monthly Payouts”), the first payment of which will be payable after a deferment period of 90 days (“Deferment Period”), provided that all of the following are satisfied, wherever applicable:
(a) the Member informs Great Eastern via Great Eastern’s customer hotline, or in writing at LifePAClaims-SG@greateasternlife.com, that he has suffered Severe Disability as defined in Clause 5, on or before his Membership period ends;
(b) the Member completes as soon as reasonably possible the necessary claim form(s) as requested by Great Eastern;
(c) proof of the Member’s identity is provided;
(d) the diagnosis of the Severe Disability is confirmed and certified by a registered medical practitioner to be appointed with the Company’s consent, the cost of such assessment to be borne by the Member first. If the claim is successful, Great Eastern will reimburse the cost of assessment back to the Member.
(e) proof of continuing Severe Disability is furnished from time to time at the Company’s request, via a registered medical practitioner to be appointed with Great Eastern’s consent, with the cost of such assessment to be borne by the Member; and
(f) any other document necessary to support the claim is provided at Great Eastern’s request.
- The Deferment Period shall commence from the Claim Date, i.e. the date on which Great Eastern receives the confirmation of the diagnosis of Severe Disability under Clause 6(d). For the avoidance of doubt, the confirmation of diagnosis must be made by a registered medical practitioner who should not be the Member applying for the payout, or any relative, sibling, spouse, child or parent of the Member.
- All Monthly Payouts for Severe Disability under the Programme will cease upon:
(a) the Member ceasing to suffer from Severe Disability;
(b) the death of the Member;
(c) the Member ceasing to be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident; or
(d) once the total payouts made by Great Eastern to the Member have reached 60 months;
whichever is earliest.
- No payout shall be made to the Member under the Programme in the event of any of the following occurrences:
(a) Pre-existing Disability or a Severe Disability arising from Pre-existing Condition(s);
(b) intentionally self-inflicted injury, or attempted suicide whether the Member is sane or insane;
(c) war, whether declared or undeclared, alcoholism, or drug addiction;
(d) any fraud, non-disclosure, misrepresentation whether intentional, negligent or innocent of a material fact, or a breach of a warranty or a condition on the Member’s part; or
(e) prohibition under any applicable laws, regulatory policies or other statutory requirements.
- For the purposes of the Programme:
(a) “Pre-existing Disability” shall mean a Severe Disability suffered by the Member before the commencement of the Member’s membership into the Programme;
(b) “Pre-existing Condition” shall mean any condition or illness of the Member, prior to the commencement of the Member’s membership into the Programme:
(i) of which the Member was aware of and/or had knowledge of;
(ii) for which symptoms existed that would cause a reasonable person in the circumstances to seek diagnosis, care or treatment; or
(iii) for which medical advice or treatment was recommended or received.
- Each eligible Member is only entitled to make one claim under the Programme, throughout his Membership period.
- The Member understands and acknowledges that the receipt of any payout under the Programme will affect his application for future purchases of insurance policies with Great Eastern.
- The Member acknowledges that Great Eastern reserves the right to amend, add, withdraw or supplement these conditions at its sole discretion at any time without notice or liability.
- By joining the Programme, the Member agrees and consents to Great Eastern and its related corporations (collectively, the "Companies"), as well as their respective representatives, agents, the Companies' authorised service providers and relevant third parties (the Companies and all the other foregoing parties, collectively, “Great Eastern Persons”), collecting, using and/or disclosing his personal data, for purposes reasonably required by the Companies to evaluate his proposal and to provide the products or services which he is applying for (including any policy renewals and policy upgrades, substitutions or replacements) and such other purposes as described in Great Eastern's Privacy Statement (collectively, the “Purposes”) which is accessible from Great Eastern Singapore’s website, which he confirms he has read and understood.
- We* want to ensure that you fully enjoy our services and products as we update you on relevant news, promotions and advice. We will keep in touch with you through post, digital platforms (including social media), email, and phone number-based messaging^ and voice calls.
Your privacy is of utmost importance to us* and you can withdraw your consent via Great Eastern’s website at any time.
* We/us refers to Great Eastern, our related corporations, respective representatives and agents. For more details, please refer to the Privacy and Security Policy on Great Eastern’s website.
^ Examples include SMS/MMS, WhatsApp, and WeChat.
- The Member confirms that he has read and agrees to be bound by Great Eastern’s data protection policy, as may be amended, supplemented and/or substituted by Great Eastern from time to time, a copy of which can be found at https://www.greateasternlife.com/sg/en/privacy-and-security-policy.html.
- Participation in the Programme is subject to the terms and conditions stated herein. Notwithstanding any of the terms and conditions contained herein, Great Eastern may, at its discretion, terminate the Programme or any Member’s Membership and/or vary any of these terms and conditions at any time and from time to time without prior notice.
- By participating in the Programme, the Member accepts that Great Eastern’s decision on all matters relating to the Programme is final and binding. If there is any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and any brochure, marketing or promotional material relating to the Programme, these terms and conditions will prevail.
- In these terms and conditions, references to one gender include all genders and references to the singular and include the plural and vice versa.
- A person who is not a Member in the Programme shall have no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act (Cap.53B) to enforce any of these terms and conditions.
- The terms of the Programme will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore and the Member agrees to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Singapore.