1. Eligible Participants will be entitled to a complimentary HomeGR8 Essential Policy for six (6) months (“Home Contents Insurance”) if the following criteria are satisfied:
- Successful registration for the Home Kit 2020 promotion.
- A valid Singapore residential address is provided in the online redemption form.
- Participants must be the owner(s) of the house that they have applied for in the online redemption form.
- Should there be more than one Participant redeeming for the same residential address, only one application will qualify. For avoidance of doubt, only the first duly completed redemption form received by Great Eastern will qualify.
2. The “Effective Date” of the Home Contents Insurance will be stated in the Policy Schedule issued by Great Eastern and the Home Contents Insurance shall expire six (6) months from the “Effective Date” stated therein.
3. The Policy Schedule will be mailed to the address submitted on the online redemption form.
4. The Home Contents Insurance is non-renewable. Changes on the policy details are not allowed.
5. Great Eastern reserves the right to request for proof of documents to show that the Participant is the owner of the residential address submitted in the online redemption form.
I hereby warrant and declare the following:
- The property insured is constructed of bricks or concrete. It is in a good state of repair and will be properly maintained during the period of the policy.
- The property insured is not used in any part for the purposes of trade, business or profession or receiving paying guests.
- No insurer has declined my insurance, refused renewal, terminated cover, required increased premium or imposed special conditions.
- There are no previous claims for a similar home insurance which has been filed by me in the past 24 months.
- The information provided is true and correct and they shall form the basis of the contract of insurance between Great Eastern General Insurance Limited (“GEG”) and myself. I agree to accept the policy of GEG subject to the terms, exclusions and conditions thereof.
- I am aware that I can seek advice from an authorised insurance advisor before I make my purchase. If I choose not to, I take sole responsibility to ensure that HomeGR8 Essential is appropriate for my financial needs and insurance objectives.
- The liability of the Company does not commence until acceptance is communicated by the Company to the Policyholder (Insured) or his agent and a Policy is issued pursuant thereon.
- This policy is protected under the Policy Owners’ Protection Scheme which is administered by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation (SDIC). Coverage for your policy is automatic and no further action is required from you. For more information on the types of benefits that are covered under the scheme as well as the limits of coverage, where applicable, please contact us or visit the General Insurance Association (GIA) or SDIC websites (www.gia.org.sg or www.sdic.org.sg).
- HomeGR8 Essential is underwritten by Great Eastern General Insurance Limited, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Great Eastern Holdings Limited and a member of the OCBC Group.
Policy Application, Service and Administration
Where the proposer(s) is/are an individual or individuals, by providing their personal data, the proposer(s) agrees and consents to Great Eastern and its related corporations (collectively, the "Companies"), as well as their respective representatives, agents, the Companies' authorised service providers and relevant third parties (the Companies and all the other foregoing parties, collectively, “Great Eastern Persons”), collecting, using and/or disclosing the proposer(s)’ personal data, for purposes reasonably required by the Companies to evaluate the proposer(s)’ proposal, to provide the products or services which the proposer(s) is/are applying for (including any policy renewals and policy upgrades, substitutions or replacements), to administer the Promotion, and such other purposes as described in Great Eastern’s Privacy Statement (collectively, the “Purposes”) which is accessible from Great Eastern Singapore’s website, which the proposer(s) confirm the proposer(s) has/have read and understood.