1. The UPGREAT Virtual Vacay - Travel Insurance Promotion 2020 (“Promotion”) is jointly organised by The Great Eastern Life Assurance Company Limited and Great Eastern General Insurance Limited (“Great Eastern”) and is open to individuals who have provided his/her contact details on the UPGREAT Virtual Vacay registration form (www.greateasternlife.com/sg/en/mobile-apps/upgreat/the-upgreat-virtual-vacay-chope-travel-insurance.html or www.greateasternlife.com/sg/en/mobile-apps/upgreat/the-upgreat-virtual-vacay.html).
2. Promotion is from 17 September 2020 to 31 December 2020 (both dates inclusive).
3. Registration for the Promotion is open to individuals age 18 years old and above, who are Singapore Citizens, Singapore Permanent Residents or foreigners residing in Singapore with a valid Singapore mailing address and employment pass or work permit who have fulfilled the crtieria set out below (“Eligible Participants”).
4. Each Participant can only register once for the Promotion. In the event that a Participant submits more than one registration form, only the first duly completed registration form received by Great Eastern will qualify.
5. Participants must ensure that their particulars registered are true, complete and accurate in all respects, and that Great Eastern may rely on the information provided in the registration form to contact them in accordance with the terms of this Promotion (For example, at registration, the participants must provide their respective registered mobile numbers and valid email addresses which may be used by Great Eastern for the purpose of sending details of promotion(s)).
Travel Insurance Discount Voucher (“Voucher”)
6. Eligible Participants will receive the Voucher via the UPGREAT APP, where a promo code will be stated in the Voucher. Apply the given promo code when you are purchasing your Travel E@sy Insurance Plan to enjoy the discount.
7. The Voucher is only applicable for Travel E@sy single trip plan. Details of the plan can be found here.
8. Great Eastern’s UPGREAT app must be downloaded to redeem the Voucher.
9. Eligible Participants will be notified via electronic mail (“Email”) within one (1) week from the registration date when the Voucher has been credited. The Email will be sent to the participant’s email address submitted on the registration form.
10. Due to the current leisure travel restrictions, the promo code can only be utilised from 1 January 2021. The Voucher has a validity of six (6) months. Subject to change in the event of updates to travel restrictions.
11. Use of the promo code is limited to the first 2,500 redemptions.
12. Each Eligible Participant is entitled to only one (1) Voucher.
13. Great Eastern may replace, withdraw or add the offer at any time without notice or liability. Vouchers cannot be converted into cash.
14. The decision of Great Eastern on all matters relating to the Promotion shall be final and binding on all participants.
15. Great Eastern may vary these terms and conditions or suspend or terminate the Promotion without any notice or liability to any party.
16. In the event of any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and any advertising, publicity, brochure, marketing or other materials relating to or in connection with this Promotion, these terms and conditions shall prevail.
17. Great Eastern will not be responsible for any injuries, loss, claim or damage suffered or incurred in connection with the Promotion, the Gift and/or any notices, letters or correspondence lost, stolen or misdirected in the postal system or telecommunication system, and the consequences arising from the non-receipt of such communication.
18. By participating in this Promotion, the participants agree to release and hold Great Eastern harmless from any and all liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to any person or property arising from or in connection with, either directly or indirectly:
a. the awarding, acceptance, receipt, possession, use or misuse of any Gift or parts thereof awarded pursuant to the Promotion; and
b. the participation in the Promotion or any Gift-related activities.
19. Notwithstanding anything herein, Great Eastern has the absolute discretion to determine the eligibility of any person to participate in the Promotion.
20. If Great Eastern subsequently determines that a person is in fact not eligible, for any reason whatsoever, Great Eastern may at its discretion, disqualify the participant and clawback/cancel the gifts without prior notice.
21. By participating in the Promotion, each participant agrees and consents to Great Eastern and its related corporations (collectively, the “Companies”), as well as their respective representatives, agents, authorised service providers and relevant third parties (the Companies and all the other foregoing parties, collectively, “Great Eastern Persons”), collecting, using and/or disclosing each participant’s personal data, for purposes reasonably required by the Companies to administer the Promotion and such other purposes as described in Great Eastern’s Privacy Statement which is accessible from Great Eastern’s website, which each participant confirms he/she has read and understood.
22. The terms and conditions of the Promotion shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with Singapore law. The courts of Singapore shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising from the terms and conditions, including the validity and enforceability thereof.
The above is provided for general information only and is not a contract of insurance. Full details of the terms, conditions and exclusions of this insurance policy are provided in the policy contract and will be sent to you upon acceptance of your application by Great Eastern General Insurance Limited. This policy is protected under the Policy Owners' Protection Scheme which is administered by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation (SDIC). Coverage for your policy is automatic and no further action is required from you. For more information on the types of benefits that are covered under the scheme as well as the limits of coverage, where applicable, please contact us or visit the General Insurance Association (GIA) or SDIC websites (www.gia.org.sg or www.sdic.org.sg)