In view of the World Health Organisation (WHO) declaration of COVID-19 as a global health emergency and its increasing spread in many countries around the world, we consider COVID-19 to be a globally Known Event as of 4 March 2020.
As such, we will not cover any claims arising from this Known Event, for policies or trips purchased after:
• 24 January 2020, 9.30am for Hubei Province
• 28 January 2020, 11.59pm for Mainland China
• 25 February 2020, 11.59pm for South Korea
• 3 March 2020, 11.59pm for Rest of the World
As the situation develops, policy coverage may change due to the Event.
2. I am cancelling/ postponing my travel plans in light of the current COVID-19 outbreak. Can I cancel my travel policy and request for refund?
We understand that your travel plans may be affected due to the recent COVID-19 outbreak. You may request to cancel your Single Trip policy if it was purchased from 6 Feb 2020 to 30 Jun 2020 and we will refund your premium in full, provided that the policy has not commenced and no claims will be made on the policy.
3. Can I claim for trip cancellation due to the COVID-19 outbreak?
Currently, you can claim for trip cancellation and postponement benefits for trips to Mainland China and South Korea if you have purchased your policy or trip before 28 Jan 2020, 11.59 pm for Mainland China or before 25 Feb 2020, 11.59 pm for South Korea or 3 Mar 2020 for Japan and Italy.
For the rest of the countries (excluding Mainland China, South Korea, Japan and Italy), claims for trip cancellation and postponement benefits will be admissible when there is relevant travel advisory against non-essential travel by our authorities at your planned destination if you have purchased your policy before 4 Mar 2020.
4. Does my TravelSmart Premier provide travel coverage to Mainland China, South Korea, Japan and Italy if I choose to purchase a travel policy today?
Based on travel advisories issued by MOH/ MFA, the COVID-19 outbreak in Mainland China, South Korea, Japan and Italy, is considered a known event where it is foreseeable that one’s health or trip would likely be affected if they choose to travel there.
You will be covered for claims not arising from COVID-19 related situations subject to the policy terms and conditions.
5. I am unwell and have several symptoms similar to the COVID-19 infection. Will my health policies cover medical expenses arising from further investigation?
Selected Great Eastern health policies may cover the medical expenses incurred from inpatient and outpatient treatments should you be diagnosed with COVID-19. You may refer to the list of relevant health policies here.
You may wish to contact our Customer Service at 1800 248-2888 or +65 6248-2888 (9am to 5.30pm, Mondays - Fridays, excluding public holidays) or email us on Wecare-SG@greateasternlife.com (life insurance) or firstname.lastname@example.org (travel insurance) for specific queries on your policy matters.
6. I am working in Mainland China or Hong Kong SAR, how will my policies cover me from the current COVID-19 outbreak?
Selected Great Eastern’s health policies, such as GREAT TotalCare Plus, HospitalWise, Group Hospitalisation & Surgical, will provide the relevant policy benefits against hospitalisation arising from illnesses or required medical treatments. The benefits according to your policy conditions will not be impacted. You may refer to the list of relevant health policies here.
You may wish to contact our Customer Service at 1800 248-2888 or +65 6248-2888 (9am to 5.30pm, Mondays - Fridays, excluding public holidays) or email us on Wecare-SG@greateasternlife.com (life insurance) or email@example.com (general insurance) for specific queries on your policy matters.
Information correct as at 26 March 2020.