1. The Great Eastern Financial Storyboard (“FSB”) Referral Promotion (“Referral Promotion”) is administered by The Great Eastern Life Assurance Company Limited (“Great Eastern”) and is open to select policyholders (each a “Referrer”) who have received an SMS communication directly from Great Eastern to participate in the Referral Promotion.
2. By participating in the Referral Promotion, the Referrer will be deemed to have read and agreed to the Terms and Conditions stated on this webpage.
3. The Referral Promotion is valid from 30 July 2021 to 31 December 2021 (both dates inclusive).
4. Referrers may refer any individual (each a “Referee”) to sign up for the FSB who is:
a) not an existing Great Eastern policyholder;
b) a Singapore Citizen, Singapore Permanent Resident or foreigner residing in Singapore with a valid Singapore mailing address and employment pass or work permit; and
c) not an employee (including both permanent and temporary staff), contract worker or financial representative of Great Eastern, Great Eastern Financial Advisers Private Limited or Great Eastern General Insurance Limited.
5. Each Referee must agree to the Financial Storyboard Terms and Conditions found here.
Complimentary referral gift (“Referral Gift”)
6. Each Referrer will be entitled to a Referral Gift which comprises of 1,000 GREAT Dollars for each eligible Referee who successfully signs up for the FSB, up to a maximum of 50 eligible Referees. The maximum number of GREAT Dollars each Referrer may earn from the Referral Promotion is 50,000 GREAT Dollars.
7. The Referee will have to use the Referrer’s unique referral link for submission of the FSB registration form in order for the Referrer to be entitled to the Referral Gift. The Referrer will not be eligible for the Referral Gift if the Referee uses promotion link to complete the FSB registration form which is not the Referrer’s unique referral link.
8. The Referrer will be notified via email within six (6) weeks from each Referee's date of submission of the FSB Registration Form for the crediting of the Referral Gift to the Referrer's Great Eastern Rewards app account.
9. The Great Eastern Rewards app must be downloaded and a Great Eastern Rewards app account must be created in order for the Referral Gift to be credited to such Great Eastern Rewards app account.
10. Great Eastern may replace, withdraw or add Referral Gifts at any time without notice or liability. Referral Gifts cannot be converted into cash.
11. Employees (including both permanent and temporary staff), contract workers and financial representatives of Great Eastern, Great Eastern Financial Advisers Private Limited and Great Eastern General Insurance Limited shall not be eligible to participate as Referrers in the Referral Promotion.
12. Great Eastern may vary these terms and conditions or suspend or terminate the Referral Promotion without any notice or liability to any party.
13. In the event of any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and any advertising, publicity, brochure, marketing or other materials relating to or in connection with the Referral Promotion, these terms and conditions shall prevail.
14. Great Eastern makes no representation as to the quality or performance of the Referral Gifts or any item provided by the merchants or vendors on the Great Eastern Rewards app which may be redeemed using the Referral Gifts. By participating in the Referral Promotion, the Referrers acknowledge and accept that the use of each Referral Gift is subject to the terms and conditions of providing the Referral Gift.
15. Great Eastern and its related Corporations (collectively, the “Companies”) shall not be liable for or be responsible in respect of any expenses, losses, costs, damages, liabilities or other consequences of whatsoever nature (collectively “Losses”) suffered or incurred directly or indirectly by Referrers of the Referral Promotion howsoever caused or arising and without limiting the generality of the foregoing, whether by reason of or on account of any act or omission whether negligent or otherwise on the part of the Companies or their respective employees or agents or Representatives, even if the Referrers are advised of the possibility of such Losses.
16. By participating in the Referral Promotion, the Referrers agrees to release and hold the Companies harmless from any and all liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to any person or property arising from or in connection with, either directly or indirectly:
a) the awarding, acceptance, receipt, possession, use or misuse of any Referral Gift or parts thereof awarded pursuant to the Referral Promotion; and
b) the participation in the Referral Promotion or any Referral Gift-related activities.
17. Notwithstanding anything herein, Great Eastern has the absolute discretion to determine the eligibility of any person to participate in the Referral Promotion.
18. If Great Eastern subsequently determines that a person is in fact not eligible for any reason whatsoever, Great Eastern may at its discretion, disqualify that person and clawback/cancel the Referral Gifts without prior notice.
19. Great Eastern’s decision on all matters relating to the Referral Promotion is final and binding on all Referrers. Great Eastern will not entertain any queries with regard to the Referral Promotion results, and will not be obliged to provide the reason(s) for its decision to any Referrer.
20. By participating in the Referral Promotion, each Referrer agrees and consents to the Companies as well as their respective representatives, agents, authorised service providers and relevant third parties (the Companies and all the other foregoing parties, collectively, “Great Eastern Persons”), collecting, using and/or disclosing each referrer’s personal data, for purposes reasonably required by the Companies to administer the Referral Promotion and such other purposes as described in Great Eastern’s Privacy Statement which is accessible from Great Eastern’s website, which each Referrer confirms he/she has read and understood.
21. The terms and conditions of the Referral Promotion shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with Singapore law. The courts of Singapore shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising from the terms and conditions, including the validity and enforceability thereof.
Updated as of 23 September 2021