Terms & Conditions for GREAT MATHS CHALLENGE
1. The GREAT Maths Challenge (“Contest”) organised by The Great Eastern Life Assurance Company Limited (“Great Eastern”) and SixClouds Pte. Ltd. (“SixClouds”) will be held between 1st February 2021 to 30th April 2021 (both dates inclusive) (“Contest Period”). All Contest entries must be submitted through Great Eastern’s website within the Contest Period. Late entries will not be considered.
2. The GREAT Maths Challenge is a contest that is designed to reward children for preparing for the respective maths syllabus for each participant in schooling year 2021. After registration, each registrant will receive a free 3-month access to a math learning platform by SixClouds called the Singapore Maths Innovative Learning Experience (“S.M.I.L.E.”), an opportunity to participate in the Contest quiz, a complimentary 6-month personal accident protection plan (SGD 20,000 Accidental Death Protection coverage) from Great Eastern, and a 2-year VIP Membership from GNC.
3. Upon registration on Great Eastern’s website, participants will receive an acknowledgement email confirming their registration to the Contest. SixClouds will then email the account username (same as registered email), temporary password for the participant, and a link to the relevant quiz for the corresponding category selected by the participant to the registered email within five (5) working days. A certificate of insurance will also be issued to each participant and collected through an automatically assigned Great Eastern financial representative for that participant (the “assigned Financial Representative”), at the end of the month following registration for the complimentary 6 months personal accident protection.
4. The winning quiz entries for the Contest will be tabulated at the end of Contest Period based on the highest overall score and best open ended answer(s) submitted by the participants in the quiz form provided by SixClouds.
5. The winning quiz entries for the Contest will be selected by a panel of judges from Great Eastern and SixClouds at their sole and absolute discretion. The judges’ decision is final and no appeals or further correspondences will be entertained.
6. The Contest is open to all children aged within the specified categories as set out below. Each child is limited to one (1) Contest entry.
Contest Categories (age as of 31st December 2020)
7. The prizes to be awarded for winning quiz entries for each Contest category are:
8. To stand a chance to win the prizes, the following additional conditions shall apply:
9. Registrants who have previously signed up for the GREAT S.M.I.L.E. Campaign and have already redeemed the free 3-month S.M.I.L.E. trial and/or complimentary 6-month personal accident protection plan will not be eligible to also receive the free 6-month personal accident protection plan and the free 3-month S.M.I.L.E. trial pursuant to the Contest, but will still be eligible to participate in the Contest and win prizes.
10. Any incomplete and/or erroneous information will void the Contest entry. Successful registrants will receive an acknowledgement email within three (3) working days of the entry submission.
11. Participants who have been awarded prizes will be notified within two (2) months from the end of the Contest Period. Prize winner(s) will be notified verbally and/or in writing through their registered email address and/or phone number.
12. Prizes for winning participants will be issued through an assigned Financial Representative from Great Eastern. An acknowledgement signed by a parent of the participant is required upon the receipt of prizes. The prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable.
13. Great Eastern accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever for the collection by and/or delivery of the respective prizes to the participants through the assigned Financial Representative.
14. If any awarded prize is not collected by the participant from the assigned Financial Representative within four (4) months after the end of Contest Period, such prize will be deemed as forfeited by the participant, and Great Eastern will retain full ownership of the forfeited prize and shall be entitled to deal with the forfeited prize in its sole and absolute discretion, including awarding another participant with the forfeited prize. Great Eastern shall not be responsible or liable whatsoever for any non-collection of any awarded prize by the participants through their respective assigned Financial Representative.
15. Great Eastern shall be entitled at its sole and absolute discretion to replace or substitute any of the prizes with another item of equal or similar value.
16. Great Eastern makes no representation or warranty as to the quality, suitability or performance of the prizes provided by the merchants, vendors or other third parties (including SixClouds and GNC) in connection with the Contest.
17. Great Eastern reserves the right to vary the terms and conditions, suspend and/or withdraw the Contest at any time without prior notice or liability to the participants or any other person. The decision of Great Eastern on all matters relating to the Contest shall be final and binding on all participating individuals and related persons.
18. In the event of any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and any advertising, publicity, brochure, marketing or other materials relating to or in connection with this Contest, these terms and conditions shall prevail to the extent of such inconsistency.
19. By submitting the registration form for the Contest and/or participating in the Contest, the participants and their respective parents shall agree and consent to:
19.1. Great Eastern and its related corporations (collectively, the “Companies”), as well as their respective representatives, agents, authorised service providers and relevant third parties (the Companies and all the other foregoing parties, collectively, “Great Eastern Persons”), collecting, using and/or disclosing their respective personal data, for purposes reasonably required by the Companies to administer the Contest and such other purposes as described in Great Eastern’s Privacy Statement which is accessible from Great Eastern’s website (https://www.greateasternlife.com/sg/en/privacy-and-security-policy.html), which the participants and their respective parents shall be deemed to have each read and understood.
19.2. SixClouds’ Terms of Service which is accessible from SixCloud’s website (https://www.sixclouds.net/ignite-terms-of-service).
19.4. release and hold Great Eastern harmless from any and all liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to any person or property arising from or in connection with, either directly or indirectly: a) the awarding, acceptance, receipt, possession, use or misuse of any prize or parts thereof awarded pursuant to the Contest; and b) the participation in the Contest or any prize-related activities.
20. Great Eastern will not be responsible or liable for any injuries, loss, claim or damage suffered or incurred in connection with the Contest, the prize and/or any notices, letters or correspondence lost, stolen or misdirected in the postal system or telecommunication system, and the consequences arising from the non-receipt of such communication.
21. The complimentary personal accident plan issued pursuant to the Contest is underwritten by The Great Eastern Life Assurance Company Limited. Such policy is protected under the Policy Owners’ Protection Scheme which is administered by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation (SDIC). Coverage for the policy is automatic and no further action is required from the participants. For more information on the types of benefits that are covered under the scheme as well as the limits of coverage, where applicable, please contact us or visit the Life Insurance Association (LIA) or SDIC websites (www.lia.org.sg or www.sdic.org.sg).
22. Notwithstanding anything herein, Great Eastern has the absolute discretion to determine the eligibility of any person to participate in the Contest.
23. If Great Eastern subsequently determines that a person is not eligible for any reason whatsoever, Great Eastern may at its discretion, disqualify the registrant without prior notice or liability to the participants or any other person.
24. Participation in the Contest shall constitute acceptance of these terms and conditions and any amendments thereof. All participating individuals agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and the decisions of Great Eastern.
25. The terms and conditions of the Contest shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with Singapore law. The courts of Singapore shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising from the terms and conditions, including the validity and enforceability thereof.