1. What is the GREAT Vaccine Fund?
The Great Eastern Life Assurance Company Limited (GELS) has set aside S$1 million for this GREAT Vaccine Fund to provide daily hospital cash benefits for an eligible customer should he/she be hospitalised as a result of an allergic reaction due to receiving a COVID-19 Vaccine.
“COVID-19 Vaccine” refers to any COVID-19 vaccine which is approved for use in Singapore by the Health Sciences Authority (HSA) and administered by an authorised healthcare professional in Singapore.
2. What is the validity of the GREAT Vaccine Fund?
The GREAT Vaccine Fund is valid from 15 January 2021 to:-
a) 31 Dec 2021; or
b) the date when an aggregate total of S$1 million has been incurred by GREAT Vaccine Fund,
whichever is earlier.
However, GELS reserves the right to cease the GREAT Vaccine Fund at an earlier date in its absolute discretion without any prior notice.
Benefits and Eligibility
3. What does the GREAT Vaccine Fund cover?
|Daily Hospital Cash Benefit||
A daily benefit is paid for each day the eligible customer is hospitalised during the eligible period solely due to allergic reaction due to receiving a COVID-19 Vaccine, for a maximum of seven (7) consecutive days.
S$300 per day
4. Who is an eligible customer?
An eligible customer is an individual who is:-
a) a Singaporean or Singapore Permanent Resident with a valid National Registration Identification Card;
b) residing in Singapore;
c) medically eligible for vaccination, in line with the recommendations set out by the Ministry of Health for vaccine suitability; and
d) an Existing Great Eastern Customer* under an active policy as at 15 January 2021 or the recipient of an invitation from a Great Eastern Financial representative or selected partner who has registered for the GREAT Vaccine Fund.
*Existing Great Eastern Customer shall include:-
i) a life assured covered under any Life or Accident and Health policy, including Dependants’ Protection Scheme and Eldershield policies, issued by The Great Eastern Life Assurance Company Limited; or
ii) the policyholder of any personal lines insurance policy under Great Eastern General Insurance Limited (except for single or one-way travel insurance policies).
5. What is the eligible period?
The eligible period is a period of three (3) months from the date the eligible customer receives the first dose of a COVID-19 Vaccine.
6. If I am hospitalized more than once from an allergic reaction after receiving a COVID-19 Vaccine, can I make multiple claims?
No, the Daily Hospital Cash Benefit is payable once for each eligible customer, even if the first hospitalisation stay was less than seven (7) days.
7. Does it cover private and public hospital in Singapore, and hospitals outside Singapore?
Yes, private and public hospitals in Singapore are eligible as long as they meet the criteria of a “Hospital” as defined in the terms and conditions of the GREAT Vaccine Fund (“Fund T&Cs”).
Admission to hospitals outside of Singapore is not covered.
8. Are there any exclusions for the Daily Hospital Cash Benefit?
Yes, the Daily Hospital Cash Benefit will not be payable if the hospitalisation of the eligible customer was caused directly or indirectly by Pre-Existing Condition (which is defined in the Fund T&Cs).
9. When can I make a claim?
You may make a claim upon being discharged from the hospital.
10. How do I make a claim?
For a Daily Hospital Cash Benefit claim, you will need to submit the following documents to MedicalClaims-SG@greateasternlife.com:
a) Hospitalisation claim form, including Doctor’s Statement.
· The claim form and Doctor’s Statement can be downloaded from our corporate website. Under the field of entry for policy number, please indicate “GREAT Vaccine Fund” and application number or policy number for an Existing Great Eastern Customer;
· In the event that an eligible customer is less than 18 years old, the claim form is to be completed and signed by the legal parent or guardian of the eligible customer.
b) A copy of your vaccination card;
c) A copy of the hospital bill which states the number of days you were hospitalised; and
d) A copy of your National Registration Identification Card.
11. Will I be notified of the claim status?
Yes, you will be notified of the claim outcome in a timely manner. All successful claim amounts will be paid to the eligible customer’s bank account indicated in the claim form and a settlement letter will be sent to you.
In the event when an eligible customer is less than 18 years old, the claim amount will be paid to the legal parent or guardian of the eligible customer.
12. Who can I contact if I have any product or claim queries?
You may call us at 1800 248 2888 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be glad to assist you.
Information correct as of 15 January 2021