1. The HomeStarter Kit 2021 Promotion (“Promotion”) is organised by The Great Eastern Life Assurance Company Limited (“Great Eastern”) and is open to individuals who are or will become new legal owners of houses at a Singapore residential address during the period from 1 August 2020 to 31 January 2022 (“Eligible Period”) and have duly completed the registration form on the Great Eastern Promotion webpage (each a “Participant”; and each Participant who meets all eligibility criteria, an “Eligible Participant”).
2. Registration for the Promotion is open from 8 February 2021 to 31 December 2021 (both dates inclusive).
3. Registration for the Promotion is open to individuals who are Singapore Citizens, Singapore Permanent Residents or foreigners residing in Singapore with a valid Singapore mailing address and employment pass or work permit.
4. Each Participant can only register once for the Promotion. In the event that a Participant submits more than one registration form, only the first duly completed registration form received by Great Eastern will qualify.
5. Participants must ensure that their particulars registered are true, complete and accurate in all respects, and that Great Eastern may rely on the information provided in the registration form to contact them in accordance with the terms of this Promotion (For example, at registration, the Participants must provide their respective registered mobile numbers and valid email addresses for the purposes of the Promotion. If the Participant consents, such personal data may also be used by Great Eastern for the purpose of sending details of other promotion(s), products and services.)
6. Great Eastern reserves the right to request for proof of documents, including documents to show that the Participant is or will become a new legal owner of a house at a Singapore residential address within the stated Eligible Period.
Complimentary gifts (each item a “Gift”, collectively known as “HomeStarter Kit”):
7. Eligible Participants will be entitled to the HomeStarter Kit which comprises of the following Gifts:
Information on redemption process
Cleaning Services Discount for use at Helpling Singapore Pte Ltd (“Helping”)
$40 off for any of the following services: move cleaning, post-reno cleaning, air-con servicing or plumbing and handyman services
FairPrice Online Voucher
- $12 off with min spend of $80, for new FairPrice Online customers
- $12 off with min spend of $150, for existing FairPrice Online customers
8. Eligible Participants will be notified via a welcome electronic mail (“Welcome Email”) within six (6) weeks from the date of their registration. The Welcome Email will be sent to the Eligible Participant’s email address as indicated in the online registration form. The Welcome Email will contain details on how the Gifts in the HomeStarter Kit can be redeemed.
9. Each Eligible Participant is entitled to only one (1) set of the HomeStarter Kit.
10. Great Eastern may replace, withdraw or add Gifts at any time without notice or liability. Gifts cannot be converted into cash.
S$200 Best Denki Vouchers Promotion
11. Every 50th Eligible Participant will receive UPGREAT Points to redeem S$200 worth of Best Denki Vouchers (which shall also constitute a “Gift”), capped at 25 Eligible Participants (“Winners”). To illustrate, for all Eligible Participants who have provided the full information requested on the online registration form, the 50th, 100th, 150th, 200th Eligible Participant and so on till the 1,250th Eligible Participant will each receive the UPGREAT Points to redeem S$200 worth of Best Denki Vouchers.
12. Promotion for the Best Denki Vouchers will end on 30 June 2021, or until all Best Denki Vouchers have been fully issued, whichever comes first.
13. Great Eastern’s UPGREAT app must be downloaded and used to redeem the Best Denki Vouchers.
14. Each Winner will receive 19,600 UPGREAT Points (redeemable for S$200 worth of Best Denki Vouchers via the UPGREAT app).
15. Each Winner will be notified via email when the UPGREAT points are credited to the Winner’s UPGREAT app account. The UPGREAT app account must be created using the email address indicated on the registration form. All emails will be sent to the Winner’s email address as indicated on the registration form.
16. Employees of Great Eastern, Great Eastern Financial Advisers Private Limited, Great Eastern General Insurance Limited or financial representatives of Great Eastern shall not be eligible to participate in the Best Denki Vouchers promotion. “Employees” shall refer to both permanent staff and contract staff of the abovementioned companies.
17. Great Eastern may vary these terms and conditions or suspend or terminate the Promotion without any notice or liability to any party.
18. In the event of any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and any advertising, publicity, brochure, marketing or other materials relating to or in connection with the Promotion, these terms and conditions shall prevail.
19. Great Eastern makes no representation as to the quality or performance of the Gifts provided by the merchants/ spouse/ vendors in connection with the Promotion. By participating in the Promotion, the Participants acknowledge and accept that the use of each Gift is subject to the terms and conditions of the relevant merchant providing the Gift.
20. Great Eastern shall not be liable for or be responsible in respect of any expenses, losses, costs, damages, liabilities or other consequences of whatsoever nature (collectively “Losses”) suffered or incurred directly or indirectly by Participants of the Promotion howsoever caused or arising and without limiting the generality of the foregoing, whether by reason of or on account of any act or omission whether negligent or otherwise on the part of Great Eastern or its employees or agents, even if the Participants are advised of the possibility of such Losses.
21. By participating in the Promotion, the Participants agree to release and hold Great Eastern harmless from any and all liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to any person or property arising from or in connection with, either directly or indirectly:
a. the awarding, acceptance, receipt, possession, use or misuse of any Gift or parts thereof awarded pursuant to the Promotion; and
b. the participation in the Promotion or any Gift-related activities.
22. Notwithstanding anything herein, Great Eastern has the absolute discretion to determine the eligibility of any person to participate in the Promotion.
23. If Great Eastern subsequently determines that a person is in fact not eligible, for any reason whatsoever, Great Eastern may at its discretion, disqualify that person and clawback/cancel the Gifts without prior notice.
24. Great Eastern’s decision on all matters relating to the Promotion is final and binding on all Participants. Great Eastern will not entertain any queries with regard to the Promotion results, and will not be obliged to provide the reason(s) for its decision to any Participant.
25. By participating in the Promotion, each Participant agrees and consents to Great Eastern and its related corporations (collectively, the “Companies”), as well as their respective representatives, agents, authorised service providers and relevant third parties (the Companies and all the other foregoing parties, collectively, “Great Eastern Persons”), collecting, using and/or disclosing each participant’s personal data, for purposes reasonably required by the Companies to administer the Promotion and such other purposes as described in Great Eastern’s Privacy Statement which is accessible from Great Eastern’s website, which each Participant confirms he/she has read and understood.
26. Each Participant further agrees to and consents to the Companies as well as the Great Eastern Persons collecting, using and/or disclosing each participant’s personal data for Great Eastern’s promotional and marketing purposes. Consent may be withdrawn at any time, subject to the terms and conditions of the Promotion.
27. The terms and conditions of the Promotion shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with Singapore law. The courts of Singapore shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising from the terms and conditions, including the validity and enforceability thereof.