1. This promotion (“Promotion”) is organised by The Great Eastern Life Assurance Company Limited (“Great Eastern”) in collaboration with Mothercare (S) Pte Ltd (“Mothercare”).
2. Registration for the Promotion is open to Mothercare’s Gold Members and Mothercare’s employees who satisfy all the following criteria (“Eligibility Criteria”):
a. an individual between the ages of 18 and 64 (age next birthday);
b. is resident in Singapore;
c. is a Singapore citizen, Singapore Permanent Resident, or foreigner holding a valid Employment Pass or S Pass in Singapore or dependant’s pass; and
d. is not insured under a GREAT Value Protect (Plan 4 and/or Plan 5) issued by Great Eastern,
who receive notification directly from Mothercare as to their eligibility for the Promotion (“VIP Member(s)”).
3. Registration for the Promotion must be made between the dates of 1 February 2021 to 30 April 2021 (both dates inclusive) or such other dates as Great Eastern may decide in its absolute discretion (“Qualifying Period”).
Complimentary Great Value Protect (Plan 4) Insurance Policy
4. Great Eastern will offer insurance coverage under a complimentary insurance plan, GREAT Value Protect (Plan 4) underwritten by Great Eastern (“GVP Policy”), for up to 1,800 VIP Members who apply for the policy under the Promotion, on a first-come, first-served basis.
5. Each VIP Member has the option to have a member of their immediate family (“Household Member”) apply for a complimentary GVP Policy under the Promotion during the Qualifying Period. Great Eastern will offer the insurance coverage under the GVP Policy for up to 1,800 Household Members who apply for the policy under the Promotion, on a first-come, first-served basis. Such Household Member must satisfy the following in addition to the Eligibility Criteria set out in clause 2:
a. be an immediate family member of the VIP Member;
b. reside at the same residential address as the VIP Member; and
c. produce documentary proof of family relationship with the VIP Member and residential address, as may be required by and acceptable to, Great Eastern.
An “immediate family” or “immediate family member” refers to the parents, spouse, children or siblings of the VIP Member.
6. VIP Members and Household Members who wish to apply for coverage under the GVP Policy will have to register at the website link provided in the notification which the VIP Members receive from Mothercare.
7. The GVP Policy, which provides a 12-month coverage for death and total and permanent disability due to accidents, death due to coronavirus disease (COVID-19) occurring in Singapore and hospitalisation allowance for hospitalisation in Singapore due to accident, covered sickness or COVID-19, will be on such terms and conditions as offered by Great Eastern from time to time. The product summary of GREAT Value Protect (Plan 4) is available here and the period of coverage of the GVP Policy will be as stated in the Certificate of Insurance issued by Great Eastern via email upon successful application for the GVP Policy. No hard copies of documents relating to the Promotion, including the Certificate of Insurance and the GVP Policy, will be issued. For the avoidance of doubt, if the eligibility criteria for the Promotion are not satisfied, coverage under the GVP Policy will not be provided even if the applicant receives the Certificate of Insurance.
8. A VIP Member may transfer his/her entitlement to apply for insurance coverage under the GVP Policy to another individual who need not be a Mothercare Gold Member nor staff of Mothercare but who satisfies all the Eligibility Criteria, by allowing the other individual to apply using the instructions for registration. The application for coverage under the GVP Policy must still be completed during the Qualifying Period. No extension of time will be granted. Where such transfer is effected, the option to sign up a member of the family will also be automatically transferred to the transferee whereupon such transferee may sign up a member of his/her family who satisfies the eligibility criteria set out in clauses 2 and 5 for a GVP Policy. Such transferee and his/her family member who successfully apply(ies) for coverage under the GVP Policy will respectively be regarded as a VIP Member and Household Member for the purpose of these terms and conditions.
9. The VIP Member and Household Member must ensure that their respective particulars provided to Great Eastern for registration purposes are true, complete and accurate in all respects. Great Eastern will use such information to contact the VIP Member and/or the Household Member and will not be liable in any way (including but not limited to, non-provision of the insurance coverage under the GVP Policy or any benefits) where untrue, incomplete or inaccurate information is provided.
10. For the avoidance of doubt, in all circumstances (including but not limited to, where the maximum numbers of successful applicants for coverage under the GVP Policy as stipulated in clauses 4 and 5 respectively has been exceeded), Great Eastern shall not be obliged or liable to provide any alternative or replacement gift or compensation to the VIP Member and/or Household Member (as the case may be).
11. An Eligible Member or Household Member cannot be covered for more than one GREAT Value Protect policy underwritten by Great Eastern. In the event that an Eligible Member or Household Member (as the case may be) is insured under more than one GREAT Value Protect policy, he/she will only be insured under the GREAT Value Protect policy with the highest benefits and his/her insurance under such other GREAT Value Protect policy(ies) will be cancelled. Where the benefits of the additional GREAT Value Protect policy(ies) other than the GVP Policy issued pursuant to the Promotion are identical, he/she will be insured only under the policy which was first issued and his/her insurance under such other policy(ies) will be cancelled.
12. Great Eastern may at its sole discretion replace, withdraw or add gifts at any time without notice or liability. Gifts cannot be converted into cash.
13. The decision of Great Eastern on all matters relating to the Promotion shall be final and binding.
14. Great Eastern may vary these terms and conditions, or withdraw, suspend or terminate the Promotion (or any part thereof) without any notice or liability to any party.
15. In the event of any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and any advertising, publicity, brochure, marketing or other materials relating to or in connection with the Promotion, these terms and conditions shall prevail.
16. Great Eastern will not be responsible for any damage, loss, injury, claim, expense or cost suffered or incurred, directly or indirectly, arising from or in connection with the Promotion, the Financial Planning Gift and/or any notices, letters or correspondence lost, stolen or misdirected in the postal system or telecommunication system.
17. By participating in the Promotion, the VIP Member and Household Member each agrees to release and hold Great Eastern harmless from any and all liability whatsoever for any damage, loss, injury or claim of any kind, to or by any person or property, directly or indirectly arising from or in connection with:
a. the award, acceptance, receipt, possession, use or misuse of any gift awarded pursuant to the Promotion; and
b. participation in the Promotion or any activities in relation thereto.
18. Notwithstanding anything herein, Great Eastern has the absolute discretion to determine the eligibility of any person to participate in the Promotion. If Great Eastern subsequently determines that a person is in fact not eligible for any reason whatsoever, Great Eastern may at its discretion, disqualify such person from participating in the Promotion without prior notice. For the avoidance of doubt, notwithstanding the issuance of the GVP Policy to a VIP Member and/or the Household Member, where any of the eligibility criteria as set out in clauses 2 and 5 (as applicable) is/are not satisfied, Great Eastern has the right to void, cancel, terminate or nullify the GVP Policy, reject payment of any claims or decline to provide any benefit under the GVP Policy and/or to take any other actions as it deems appropriate.
19. The terms and conditions of the Promotion shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with Singapore law. The courts of Singapore shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising from the terms and conditions, including the validity and enforceability thereof.