1. The Sembcorp Group Personal Accident Policy (“Policy”) is a Group Personal Accident Policy underwritten by The Great Eastern Life Assurance Company Limited (the “Company”), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Great Eastern Holdings Limited and a member of the OCBC Group.
2. Sembcorp Power Pte Ltd (“SCP”) is the group policyholder to this Group Personal Accident Policy.
3. This policy is protected under the Policy Owners’ Protection Scheme which is administered by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation (SDIC). Coverage for your policy is automatic and no further action is required from you. For more information on the types of benefits that are covered under the scheme as well as the limits of coverage, where applicable, please contact us or visit the Life Insurance Association (LIA) or SDIC websites (www.lia.org.sg or www.sdic.org.sg).
4. Enrolment into this Policy for eligible customers is automatic with no registration required from the customer. Eligible customers refer to all SCP home customers of who have successfully renewed their existing residential electricity plan any time from 1st May 2019 to 31st August 2021, and who are at least 21 years old and has not yet attained the age of 65 years, and is a Singaporean, Singapore PR or holder of a valid Employment Pass (EP Holder or S Pass Holder, Dependant Pass and is residing in Singapore.
5. All claims pay-out made by the Company on this Policy shall be made payable to SCP, the group policyholder of this Policy, who shall then disburse the pay-out in the form of monthly bill rebates to the customer. SCP shall have final discretion on the amount of monthly bill rebates and the duration for which such monthly bill rebates will be made to the customer.
6. Unutilised bill rebate amounts will remain in the customer’s Sembcorp account until it is eventually utilised. Please note that the bill rebate will be used to offset the electricity bill, excluding Security Deposit and all non-electricity usage related charges. If the electricity bill amounts to less than the value of the bill rebate, the remaining value will be used to offset the subsequent electricity bill(s). If any outstanding bill rebate is not redeemed upon the expiry or termination of Sembcorp’s electricity Agreement, then such unconsumed bill rebate will be forfeited. The bill rebate shall under no circumstances whatsoever be paid out in cash or in kind to any party.
1. I confirm that I/we understand and agree to the Important Notices stated above.
2. I acknowledge that I/we will have to be physically in Singapore for any insurance coverage application.
3. I understand that I cannot be covered by more than one plan under this Policy and my/our insurance cover under the Policy will only be valid if I observe all the terms and conditions of the Policy and all subsequent written notices given by the Company to me/us.
4. I agree that the Policy will be entered into the register of Singapore policies, and understand that all payments under the Policy, whether to me/us or by the Company will be payable in Singapore dollars.