Terms and Conditions for Promotion by Great Eastern for MindChamps
1. This promotion (“Promotion”) is organised by The Great Eastern Life Assurance Company Limited (“Great Eastern”) in collaboration with MindChamps Preschool Limited (“MindChamps”) and is open to MindChamps member(s) who have registered on the online registration form that is found on GreatEasternLife.com with his/her personal particulars as required, complete with full marketing consent provided for the collection, use and disclosure of his/her personal data for the specified purposes.
2. MindChamps member(s) will receive an email notification directly from MindChamps as to their eligibility for the Promotion, and such members and their children must satisfy all the eligibility criteria set out for below for the member and the child respectively (“Eligible Criteria”) to qualify for the Promotion:
Criteria for the adult member (“Eligible Member”)
a) an individual between the ages of 18 and 65 (age next birthday);
b) is a resident in Singapore;
c) is a Singapore citizen, Singapore Permanent Resident, or foreigner holding a valid Employment Pass or S Pass in Singapore or a dependant’s pass; and
d) is not insured under a GREAT Value Protect (Plan 4 and/or Plan 5) issued by Great Eastern,
Criteria for the child (“Eligible Child”)
e) Child’s age is between 2 and 17 years old (age next birthday) at the date of registration;
f) the biological or step child(ren) from a legal marriage or legally adopted child(ren) of the Eligible Member;
g) reside at the same residential address as the Eligible Member; and
h) is not insured under a GREAT Value Protect (Plan 4 and/or Plan 5) issued by Great Eastern.
3. Registration for the Promotion must be made between the dates of 09 December 2021 to 30 November 2022 (both dates inclusive) or such other dates as Great Eastern may decide in its absolute discretion (“Qualifying Period”).
4. Each Eligible Member can only register once for the Promotion for himself or herself or an Eligible Child. In the event that an Eligible Member submits more than one registration form, only the first duly completed registration form received by Great Eastern will qualify.
5. By participating in the Promotion, each Eligible Member agrees and consents to Great Eastern and its related corporations (collectively, the "Companies"), as well as their respective representatives, agents, the Companies' authorised service providers and relevant third parties (the Companies and all the other foregoing parties, collectively, “Great Eastern Persons”), collecting, using, disclosing, and/or sharing amongst themselves Eligible Members’ personal data, for purposes reasonably required by the Companies to administer the Promotion and such other purposes as described in Great Eastern's Privacy Statement (collectively, the “Purposes”) which is accessible from Great Eastern Singapore’s website at www.greateasternlife.com, which each Eligible Member confirms he/she has read and understood.
Each Eligible Member consents herein supplement but do not supersede nor replace any other consents an Eligible Member may have previously provided to Great Eastern Persons, and each Eligible Member consents herein are cumulative and additional to any rights which any of the Great Eastern Persons may have to collect, use, and/or disclose of an Eligible Member’s Personal Data, with or without Eligible Member’s consent, to the extent permitted under applicable law.
In addition, where personal data of any person is disclosed by an Eligible Member, the Eligible Member further confirms and represents that the Eligible Member has obtained the consent of the individual concerned for the Purposes, unless such consent is not required under applicable laws: (i) to collect such personal data; (ii) for the disclosure of such personal data to the Great Eastern Persons; and (iii) for the Great Eastern Persons’ collection, use and/or disclosure of such personal data.
The Gift – Complimentary GREAT Value Protect (Plan 4) Insurance Policy
6. Great Eastern will offer insurance coverage under a complimentary insurance plan, GREAT Value Protect (Plan 4) underwritten by Great Eastern (“GVP Policy”), for up to 1,500 Eligible Members and Eligible Child(ren) collectively who apply for the policy under the Promotion, on a first-come, first-served basis.
7. Each household is entitled to only one GVP Policy registration regardless of whether the application is for an adult or a child. Either an Eligible Member or an Eligible Child in a household can register for the GVP Policy coverage, not both. In the event that Great Eastern receives more than one registration form from the same household, Great Eastern will only process the first duly completed registration form.
8. For Eligible Child registration, an Eligible Member must complete and submit the online registration form on behalf of the child at the Great Eastern website. The Great Eastern website link is provided in the email notification which the Eligible Members will receive from MindChamps.
9. The GVP Policy, which provides a 12-month coverage for death and total and permanent disability due to accidents, death due to coronavirus disease (COVID-19) occurring in Singapore and hospitalisation allowance for hospitalisation in Singapore due to accident, covered sickness or COVID-19, will be on such terms and conditions as offered by Great Eastern from time to time. The product summary of GREAT Value Protect (Plan 4) is available here and the period of coverage of the GVP Policy will be as stated in the Certificate of Insurance issued by Great Eastern via email upon successful application for the GVP Policy. No hard copies of documents relating to the Promotion, including the Certificate of Insurance and the GVP Policy, will be issued. For the avoidance of doubt, if the eligibility criteria for the Promotion are not satisfied, coverage under the GVP Policy will not be provided even if the applicant receives the Certificate of Insurance.
10. An Eligible Member may transfer his/her entitlement to apply for insurance coverage under the GVP Policy to their family member, who satisfies all the Eligibility Criteria, by allowing the other individual to apply using the instructions for registration, subject to the restriction set out at clause 7. The application for coverage under the GVP Policy must still be completed during the Qualifying Period. No extension of time will be granted. Where such transfer is effected, the option to sign up one (1) child will also be automatically transferred to the transferee whereupon such transferee may sign up a child who satisfies the eligibility criteria set out in clause 2 for a GVP Policy. Such transferee or child who successfully applies for coverage under the GVP Policy will be regarded as an Eligible Member or Eligible Child, as the case may be, for the purpose of these terms and conditions.
A family member refers to the parents, spouse, parents or siblings of the Eligible Member. Such family member must satisfy the following in addition to the Eligibility Criteria set out in clause 2:
a. be an immediate family member of the Eligible Member;
b. reside at the same residential address as the Eligible Member; and
c. produce documentary proof of family relationship with the Eligible Member and residential address, as may be required by and acceptable to, Great Eastern.
11. Upon successful registration, each Eligible Member will receive a welcome electronic mail (“Welcome Email”), which will be sent to the email address indicated in the registration form. This Welcome Email will contain a link for the Eligible Member to access the policy documents of Great Value Protect (Plan 4) for themselves or their Eligible Child as the case may be. Please refer to the policy documents for full details on coverage and benefits, including applicable exclusions.
12. The Eligible Members must ensure that the particulars provided to Great Eastern for registration purposes are true, complete and accurate in all respects. Great Eastern will use such information to contact the Eligible Member and will not be liable in any way (including but not limited to, non-provision of the insurance coverage under the GVP Policy or any benefits) where untrue, incomplete or inaccurate information is provided.
13. For the avoidance of doubt, in all circumstances (including but not limited to, where the maximum numbers of successful applicants for coverage under the GVP Policy as stipulated in clauses 4 and 6 respectively has been exceeded), Great Eastern shall not be obliged or liable to provide any alternative or replacement gift or compensation to the Eligible Member (as the case may be).
14. An Eligible Member and Eligible Child cannot be covered for more than one GREAT Value Protect policy underwritten by Great Eastern. In the event that an Eligible Member or Eligible Child (as the case may be) is insured under more than one GREAT Value Protect policy, he/she will only be insured under the GREAT Value Protect policy with the highest benefits and his/her insurance under such other GREAT Value Protect policy(ies) will be cancelled. Where the benefits of the additional GREAT Value Protect policy(ies) other than the GVP Policy issued pursuant to the Promotion are identical, he/she will be insured only under the policy which was first issued and his/her insurance under such other policy(ies) will be cancelled.
15. Great Eastern may at its sole discretion replace, withdraw or add gifts at any time without notice or liability. Gifts cannot be converted into cash.
16. The decision of Great Eastern on all matters relating to the Promotion shall be final and binding.
17. Great Eastern may vary these terms and conditions, or withdraw, suspend or terminate the Promotion (or any part thereof) without any notice or liability to any party.
18. In the event of any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and any advertising, publicity, brochure, marketing or other materials relating to or in connection with the Promotion, these terms and conditions shall prevail.
19. Great Eastern will not be responsible for any damage, loss, injury, claim, expense or cost suffered or incurred, directly or indirectly, arising from or in connection with the Promotion, the Financial Planning Gift and/or any notices, letters or correspondence lost, stolen or misdirected in the postal system or telecommunication system.
20. By participating in the Promotion, the Eligible Member agrees to release and hold Great Eastern harmless from any and all liability whatsoever for any damage, loss, injury or claim of any kind, to or by any person or property, directly or indirectly arising from or in connection with:
a. the award, acceptance, receipt, possession, use or misuse of any gift awarded pursuant to the Promotion; and
b. participation in the Promotion or any activities in relation thereto.
21. Notwithstanding anything herein, Great Eastern has the absolute discretion to determine the eligibility of any person to participate in the Promotion. If Great Eastern subsequently determines that a person is in fact not eligible for any reason whatsoever, Great Eastern may at its discretion, disqualify such person from participating in the Promotion without prior notice. For the avoidance of doubt, notwithstanding the issuance of the GVP Policy to an Eligible Member, where any of the eligibility criteria as set out in clause 2 is/are not satisfied, Great Eastern has the right to void, cancel, terminate or nullify the GVP Policy, reject payment of any claims or decline to provide any benefit under the GVP Policy and/or to take any other actions as it deems appropriate.
22. The terms and conditions of the Promotion shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with Singapore law. The courts of Singapore shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising from the terms and conditions, including the validity and enforceability thereof.
Updated as of 9 December 2021.