Free 30-Day Dash Protect (for Singtel Dash Remit customers)
Frequently asked questions
1. What is the Free 30-Day Dash Protect and what coverage does it provide?
This is a free personal accident insurance plan offered to customers of Singtel Dash Remit who have remitted S$100 or more in a single transaction (excluding remittance fees) and have opted in to receive the coverage at the time of transaction.
Coverage is provided automatically once you have opted in, so no further action is required.
This policy is underwritten by Great Eastern General Insurance Limited.
|Benefits (payable only for accidents)||Coverage Amount Per Person|
Accidental Death / Permanent Disability
One-time cash payout of A, B or C in the event of death or permanent disability within 30 days due to an accident.
B) Permanent Total Disablement
C) Other Permanent Disablement
Post Hospitalisation Recovery
One-time cash payout in the event you are hospitalised within 7 days due to an accident, and for at least 48 hours.
2. Does this cover death and disability due to natural causes or sickness?
No, the benefits under this policy are payable only for accidents.
3. Who is eligible for the coverage?
Singtel Dash Remit customers who have remitted S$100 or more in a single transaction (excluding remittance fees) and have opted in to receive the coverage at the time of transaction.
For cover to apply, you must be:
- a Singaporean, Singapore permanent resident or an individual holding a valid Singapore identification document such as an Employment Pass, Work Permit, Long Term Visit Pass or Student Pass; and residing in Singapore during the policy period; and
- aged between 16 and 85 on the start date of the policy period; and
- having a valid Singtel Dash Remit Account and Dash Balance Account.
4. How long is the period of coverage?
Coverage is for valid 30 days, starting from the day that you initiate the remittance transaction and subject to the successful completion of the qualifying remittance transaction.
5. What do I need to do to receive the coverage and do I have to pay for it?
No further action is required from you once you have opted in for the coverage during the remittance transaction. This is a free coverage and no payment is required from you.
6. Can I get more than one cover?
No, you are eligible to receive one Free 30-Day Dash Protect coverage any at one point in time.
7. How do I know if I am covered?
Upon successful opt-in and activation of coverage, you will receive an SMS from Singtel Dash Remit (number: 77766) with a confirmation of your coverage.
8. Can I transfer this coverage to someone else?
No, you cannot transfer this coverage to someone else. The Insured person will be the official registered account holder of Singtel Dash Remit account, who has performed a qualifying remittance transaction.
9. Can I nominate someone else to be the beneficiary of the coverage?
No, you cannot nominate someone else to be the beneficiary. The Insured person will be the official registered account holder of Singtel Dash Remit account, who has performed a qualifying remittance transaction.
10. Does the coverage apply only in Singapore and only when I am at work?
Coverage applies anywhere in Singapore regardless if you are at work or otherwise.
11. Can I submit a claim if I already have other insurance policies?
Yes, your claim submission for Free 30-Day Dash Protect will be assessed independently regardless of your other insurance policies.
12. How do I submit a claim?
You may download the personal accident claim form here and send the completed claim form together with supporting documents, original bills or receipts to us at email@example.com
13. Who can I ask if I have further questions or need assistance?
For queries related to the coverage, you may contact Great Eastern at 1800 6248 2888 (9am to 5.30pm, Mon to Fri) or email firstname.lastname@example.org