1. The Great Eastern Gift Credits (the “GE Gift Credits”) promotion is a customer reward for all Great Eastern (GELS) policyholders who have at least one inforced Life or Accident & Health Great Eastern policy as at 31 December 2021 including the Dependants’ Protection Scheme and ElderShield Basic.
Policyholders who have only General Insurance policies or Group Insurance Employer & Employee policies are not eligible for this campaign. Note
2. To obtain the GE Gift Credits, policyholders will have to download and sign up for a Great Eastern Rewards account and verify themselves as a Great Eastern policyholder via Great ID. Existing policyholders that are existing Great Eastern Rewards members will just need to log in to view their GE Gift Credits.
3. The GE Gift Credits will be available within 3 days from the day the policyholder verifies themselves as a Great Eastern policyholder using the Great Eastern Rewards App. The GE Gift Credits can be found in the ‘My Vouchers’ tab in the Great Eastern Rewards App. The GE Gift Credits awarded to each individual will be based on the following:
4. The GE Gift Credits is valid until 31 December 2023.
5. The GE Gift Credits are applicable for purchase of qualifying plans only. For the list of qualifying plans, please refer to https://www.greateasternlife.com/sg/en/personal-insurance/rewards/great-eastern-rewards/gift-credits.html (each a “Qualifying Plan”, collectively “Qualifying Plans”)
6. The GE Gift Credits can only be drawn down for up to 10% of the calculated first premium payment of each new policy purchase. The balance of the GE Gift Credits, if any may be used for the next insurance policy purchase.
7. The GE Gift Credits can be used for any of the payment frequencies available under the Qualifying Plans.
8. The GE Gift Credits can be used when policyholder purchases the new policy via the Online Sales platform, through our Financial Representatives or even at our Customer Service counters.
9. The GE Gift Credits are not transferable.
10. The GE Gift Credits will not be refunded if your policy is terminated.
11. In the event if the policyholder
a) replaces the Qualifying Plan; or
b) downgrades the plan type and/or deals with the Qualifying Plan in any way which reduces the total premiums payable,
within twelve (12) months from the date of issue of the Qualifying Plan, GELS has the right to get policyholder to return the value of the GE Gift Credits discount to GELS. In addition, by participating in this GE Gift Credits reward, the policyholder agrees that GELS may deduct the value of the GE Gift Credits discount which was issued to the policyholder from the cash value of the Qualifying Plan or from any sums due owing to the policyholder from GELS, in its sole discretion.
12. GE Gift Credits are non-refundable or extendable. GELS will also not be able to reinstate expired GE Gift Credits.
13. GELS reserves the right to vary the terms and conditions or withdraw this GE Gift Credits reward at any time without prior notice. The decision of GELS on all matters relating to this GE Gift Credits reward shall be final and binding on all customers.
14. By participating in the GE Gift Credits reward, each Participant agrees and consent to Great Eastern and its related corporations (collectively, the "Companies"), as well as their respective representatives, the Companies' authorised service providers and relevant third parties (the Companies and all the other foregoing parties, collectively, “Great Eastern Persons”), collecting, using, disclosing, and/or sharing amongst themselves such personal data, for purposes reasonably required by the Companies to award and fulfil the GE Gift Credits reward which the participant is signing up for and such other purposes as described in Great Eastern's Privacy Statement (collectively, the “Purposes”) which is accessible from Great Eastern Singapore’s website, which each participant confirms they have read and understood.
Each Participant’s consent herein supplements but does not supersede nor replace any other consents that Participant may have previously provided to Great Eastern Persons, and each Participant’s consents herein are cumulative and additional to any rights which any of the Great Eastern Persons may have to collect, use, and/or disclose of a Participant’s Personal Data, with or without that Participant’s consent, to the extent permitted under applicable law.
15. The terms and conditions of this promotion shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with Singapore law. The courts of Singapore shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising from the terms and conditions, including the validity and enforceability thereof.
Information updated as at 1 October 2021