4 snow pears
4 pieces bird's nest
1 piece rock sugar
½ tsp apricot kernel
¾ tsp northern apricot kernel
1. Place the northern apricot kernel, apricot kernel and wolfberries into a pan of boiling water. Make sure there is enough water to make a sauce for four pears – about 200ml.
2. Bring it back up to the boil for a minute
3. If you like this dish sweeter you can add a little more of the northern apricot to the pan before adding the rock sugar to taste
4. Cut the top of each of the pears (keep these as lids) and scoop out the core to make a bowl
5. Place a piece of bird's nest into each of the snow pears
6. Place the filled pears into a steamer
7. Pour the boiled soup stock of wolfberry and apricot kernels over the pears, and then put on the lids you cut from the top of the pears
8. Steam for 45 minutes.
About the contributor
With 47 years of experience and numerous accolades, including the Ika Hoga Culinary Olympics and the Food & Hotel Asia Salon Culinaire, Chef Huang Ching Biao, is the director of kitchen operations at Jin Shan (Marina Bay Sands). He is one of the most highly regarded Chinese chefs in the world. http://www.asianfoodchannel.com/