1. What is GETGREAT?
GETGREAT is the mobile platform that provides you with wellness goals and programmes, health tips, quests you can enjoy on your own and with your friends who you can invite to join.
2. Who can sign up for GETGREAT? Do I have to pay?
Anyone and everyone! This app is free for all to enjoy.
3. I am new to GETGREAT, what are the steps to join?
5. Can I have more than one GETGREAT account?
No, you are not allowed to have more than one GETGREAT account.
Great Eastern reserves the rights to disable, delete, or suspend your account if you invent a false persona or misrepresent your real identity. Once your account is disabled, deleted, or suspended, you will not be allowed to create another account without our permission. We reserve the right to report cases to the relevant authorities when appropriate.
6. Can I share devices/wearables with other accounts?
No, you cannot share devices/wearables. if you use two devices, the data will not be accurately captured.
7. Why are my steps not accurately captured from my wearable/device to my GETGREAT app?
Users who use a wearable/device should:
1) Sync your steps with its corresponding app and ensure the app steps count matches your wearable/device;
2) Sync with GETGREAT, which pulls the data from the app that has been synced with your wearable/device.
If you open the GETGREAT app before the wearable/device app, GETGREAT app will only capture the last-recorded steps from the wearable/device app.
8. How can I stay updated with the latest news from GETGREAT?
Latest news on GETGREAT will be sent via email, in-app notifications and posted on the GETGREAT webpage.
9. Will my details in GETGREAT be updated across my other Great Eastern account(s)?
Any changes in your GETGREAT account will only be reflected in the app and not in your other Great Eastern policies/certificates.
To update your personal details for your policies/certificates, you can contact your Financial Representatives or Customer Service via email at email@example.com
10. How do I change my account details?
Tap on the “Me” tab, under account settings, click on your GREAT ID to make edits.
11. How do I change my avatar?
On the “Home” screen, tap on your avatar. You will be given options to change your avatar and background.
12. Can I change my recommended programme?
Once you have selected a programme, you cannot change your programme until the 7 days have passed.
13. How do I see the steps I have completed on previous days?
Tap on the mountain image under the Daily Great Walkathon, tap on the “View History” button to see steps achieved on previous days.
14. How do I update my steps tracker?
You can update your steps by simply swiping the screen downwards to refresh it. Please synchronise your steps daily to earn STARS. Do ensure that you have given the necessary permission for 3rd party app collection of your step data.
15. What are the types of data collected from the 3rd party wearable app (eg: Apple Health, Google Fit etc) by GETGREAT and what is the purpose of collecting these data?
The following health related data will be collected by the application to determine your FitAge (estimation of your biological age) as well as to provide you with the relevant rewards in the form of Stars, XP and/or vouchers upon achieving a set wellness target and/or completion of a wellness challenge within the application:
1. What is Biometric Login on GETGREAT app?
Biometric Login is a fingerprint or face recognition feature available to securely access your GETGREAT account without having to key in your Great ID and password. This feature is readily available for iPhone and selected Android devices that support the biometric function.
2. Do I need to register for this function on GETGREAT app? If yes, how do I register?
You will need to enable the Biometric Login function on your GETGREAT app in order to use this as your login method.
Step- by-Step guide:
3. How do I know if I have successfully activated my Biometric Login on my GETGREAT account?
Once you have activated the Biometric Login function on your device, you should be able to see the message “Authentication successful, Biometric Login is now enabled”. Alternatively, you may check under the “Me” tab to ensure that the Biometric Login toggle is “ON”.
4. When I launched the updated version of the GETGREAT app, I received a pop-up message “You have been logged out from this session. Please Login again” or “An error has occurred”. What should I do? This is before any Biometric Login has been done.
Please tap “OK” and proceed to log in. Once you have logged in to your GETGREAT account, you will be prompted to set-up the Biometric Login function for your subsequent logins.
5. Why am I unable to enrol the Biometric Login function?
Biometric Login on GETGREAT will only be applicable for devices that support the biometric function.
6. Can I disable the Biometric Login function?
You can disable the Biometric Login function whenever you like. Simply log in to your GETGREAT account and deactivate the function under the “Me” tab.
7. Do I have to set-up the Biometric Login function when I change a new phone?
You will need to set-up the Biometric Login on your GETGREAT app if you have changed to a new device.
8. My fingerprint Login keeps failing; can I still log in to my GETGREAT account?
You will still be able to log in to your GETGREAT account. Please key in your device passcode on iPhone and pattern for Android devices to log in to your GETGREAT account.
9. Why can’t I enrol Biometric Login despite having a device that supports it?
Please ensure that you have turned on and configured the biometric function in your device settings.
10. Is there another way I can enable Biometric Login?
You can go to the “Me” tab and turn on Biometric Login from there.
11. Why is my biometric enrolment record gone?
When you log in with another account using the same device, your biometric enrolment record on our GETGREAT application will be wiped. Please ensure that you do not share your device with other users.
1. What is FitAge?
FitAge is a program that rewards the user based on their lifestyle choices. The healthier their lifestyle choices are, the more rewards they can earn.
2. Who is eligible to have a FitAge?
Anyone! All you need is a GETGREAT account.
3. Is there a fee to join FitAge?
FitAge is absolutely free!
4. What are the benefits of FitAge?
FitAge motivates users to earn more rewards by adopting healthier lifestyle choices.
5. How is FitAge calculated?
Your FitAge is calculated based on your lifestyle choices that are mainly derived from these 3 areas: Physical Activity (number of steps you take), Rest (number of hours you sleep) and Cardiovascular Fitness (heart rate when you are at rest).
As a guide, you should aim for at least 8,000 steps per day, sleep for 7-9 hours per day, and try to maintain a resting heart rate of 64 bpm and below, in order to see positive effects on your health.
6. How do I participate in FitAge?
It is open for all users of GETGREAT. You simply need to give the necessary data permissions for GETGREAT to have access the health data.
7. How can I improve my FitAge?
You can improve your FitAge by adopting healthier lifestyle choices.
8. Can I still use FitAge if I do not own a wearable?
You can still track your sleep and resting heart rate with certain in-built trackers such as Samsung Health. In the event that the user does not have an in-built tracker that is capable of tracking your sleep and resting heart rate, FitAge will use your steps only which will reflect a slightly inaccurate result that will limit the amount of STARS you can earn.
9. Why are my hours of sleep and/or resting heart rate results reflected incorrectly?
Please ensure that you have synced the 3rd party application you are using to track your sleep and resting heart rate before trying to sync in GETGREAT. Please remember to sync your GETGREAT app at the end of the day.
10. What happens if I take a nap or wake up in the middle of the night and go back to sleep?
We will take in the total sleeping hours from the tracking device.
11. Why is the device that I am using not shown?
We are constantly adding more support for 3rd party devices, kindly drop us an email with your suggested device and we will look into ways of incorporating it into our system.
12. What happens if I did not sync for a day or more?
When the user syncs after a period of inactivity, our system can sync up to 7 days including the current day, of the user’s records and credit the missing stars accordingly. However, we recommend users to sync data to the tracking device before syncing to the GETGREAT app at the end of every day. Always remember to sync your wearable to its corresponding app before syncing to GETGREAT. If you open the GETGREAT app before the wearable/device app, the GETGREAT app will only capture the last-recorded steps from the wearable/device app.
1. GETGREAT does not seem to work well on my phone. Why is this so?
We support the two latest versions which are Android version 9-10 and iOS version 12-13 as of 25th September 2019. Older versions may work but are not fully supported.
2. I cannot login to GETGREAT, what should I do?
If the issue persist, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. I cannot remember my password, what should I do?
Go to the login screen and tap “Forget Password”. An email with the instructions will be sent to your registered email address. Please follow the steps to recover your account.
4. I am not receiving any push notifications from GETGREAT. What should I do?
5. My app keeps crashing, what should I do?
6. Why can’t I sync my steps?
Please ensure that you have:
7. I am using a Samsung Phone; can I use Google Fit to sync my steps?
The default feature for Samsung phones is Samsung Health (SHealth), however Google Fit can be an alternative to sync your steps. Please give 3rd party app permission to collect your steps data.
8. I am using an Android phone (other than Samsung); what can I use to sync my steps?
The default feature for Android phones will be Google Fit. Please download Google Fit and sync your steps daily. Please give 3rd party app permission to collect your steps data.
9. I am using a wearable but it is not listed on the “connect devices” page. What should I do?
GETGREAT currently supports Fitbit, Polar, Samsung Health, Apple Health and Google Fit. Please link your wearable to one of the above-mentioned apps and GETGREAT will pull the data from there.
10. My GETGREAT steps are not the same as the steps recorded in my device.
Please ensure that your device was not compromised by anyone. If you have a wearable, please ensure that you sync your wearable to its corresponding app before syncing to GETGREAT.
Once steps on a device have been synced to a particular GETGREAT account, it is irreversible and will not be able to sync to other GETGREAT accounts. Please ensure that permission has been given for a 3rd party app to collect your steps data.
11. Why weren’t the steps that I entered into my tracker reflected on GETGREAT?
Please note that GETGREAT does not record steps that have been manually input into trackers.
12. I travelled overseas and my GETGREAT steps are reflected on the wrong date.
Please note that GETGREAT follows the Malaysia time zone only. Please sync your steps daily according to Malaysia time when you are travelling overseas and using GETGREAT.
13. Why is my wearable disconnected when I log out from my account?
This feature was implemented to ensure that the device is not misused.
1. What is the “Live Great” badge?
The Live Great badge is an icon for Great Eastern to recognise you as a customer.
2. What are XPs?
XPs are Experience Points that help you level up.
3. How do I earn XP?
XPs are earned by completing Quests on the GETGREAT app.
4. Do XP expire?
No, they do not.
5. Can I give XP to my friends/buddies?
XPs cannot be given away.
6. How do I level up?
You can level up by earning XPs from participating in Quests.
7. What are the benefits of levelling up?
The benefits of levelling up include earning additional STARS as well as unlocking a variety of avatars.
You may refer to the level information page in GETGREAT for more details.
8. What are STARS?
STARS are the main currency earned on GETGREAT.
9. How do I earn STARS?
STARS can be earned through the Daily Great Walkathon and also when you level up.
10. Do STARS expire?
Yes, STARS are reset at 00:00 on the 1st of every month.
11. Can I give STARS to my friends/buddies?
STARS cannot be given away.
12. What can I do to earn XPs or STARS?
Take part in the Quests:
13. Why are my XPs and STARS not reflected?
Simply refresh the screen by swiping downwards to see the updated data.
14. My STARS expire at the end of the month. Can I get an extension or have STARS reinstated?
STARS validity cannot be extended nor reinstated.
15. Can I repeat a workout after completing it once?
Yes, you can but XPs will only be awarded once.
16. I completed my Daily Great Walkathon but did not receive the STARS.
If you are using a wearable to track your steps, you need to sync your wearable to its corresponding app before syncing that app to GETGREAT. Please remember to do this daily and note that STARS are only awarded for steps completed within the same day.
17. Is there a bonus for completing all activities of a recommended programme?
Yes, there is an added bonus XP for completion of the recommended programme.
1. How do I invite friends/buddies?
You can invite friends/buddies by:
2. My friend/buddy tapped on the link but I do not see my friend/buddy listed on my GETGREAT buddy list. What should I do?
Your friend/buddy will be sent a request notification, which he/she will have to accept.
3. There seems to be an issue with the shared link to invite my friends/buddies, what should I do?
Please try tapping the link again to ensure that your friend/buddy followed through with the full process of login and registration.
4. How do I form a team with my friends/buddies?
5. I joined a Group Quest but I cannot see my steps from previous days before I started the Quest.
Please note that the steps are only counted from the day that you have accepted the Group Quest invite and after you are a part of the team.
6. Can I add more members to the group when the Special Quest starts?
You can only create your group during the sign-up period. When the Quest starts, you can only leave the group but you are not allowed to add new members.
7. I accepted a group invite and noticed that members of the group are now my GETGREAT buddies.
Upon accepting a Group Quest invite, group members will automatically be a part of your GETGREAT buddy list.
8. Can I leave my “Journey to the Top” group?
Yes, you can, but once you leave the group, any tracked steps will be forfeited.
ACCEPT FRIEND’S CODE
Your friend will receive the message. Have them click the link in the message and your friend will be led to the Apple or Google Play store to download the app.
To check: Tap on ‘More’. Tap on ‘Invite friends’. The ‘Code from a friend’ and ‘Redeem’ portion will no longer be there.