Terms and Conditions for the coverage of News Tablet Device Protection Plan via Singapore Press Holdings (SPH) News Tablet Subscription
1. In agreeing to take up News Tablet Device Protection Plan, you expressly consent to the release and disclosure of your personal information contained in the Insurance application form, including your full name, NRIC, address, mobile number and electronic mail (“Email”) address (collectively “Personal Data”) to Great Eastern General Insurance Limited (“GE”) for the purposes of:
1.1. GE contacting you via telephone, mail, email, SMS and/or any other means regarding your policy information, administration, customer service, marketing and other related activities in the future;
1.2. News Tablet Device Protection Plan policy administration; and
1.3. GE’s other Insurance products and services.
2. You are deemed to give consent and authorisation to GE to collect, use, disclose, and/or process your Personal Data or other similar information supplied by you to GE without further notification to you, and to disclose aforesaid information confidentially with GE’s affiliated companies, third party service providers, business partners and/or other parties which may be sited outside of Singapore, for administering policies taken out with GE, customer services and to allow GE and/or its business partners to perform marketing and related activities, until GE receives your written instruction to the contrary. Upon your written request, GE shall, without charge, cease to use your personal information for purposes other than those directly related to this Policy. A copy of GE's Personal Data Protection Policy can be found at https://www.greateasternlife.com/sg/en/privacy-and-security-policy.html and you are deemed to have read the same.
3. Any change in your consent, update in personal information affecting an insurance product and policy questions must be made directly to GE. You can write to GE’s Data Protection Officer for any request to withdraw your consent to and/or correction of any personal information supplied to GE. The contact for GE’s Data Protection Officer can be found at https://www.greateasternlife.com/sg/en/privacy-and-security-policy.html.
4. You accept that SPH is not responsible and shall not be liable for any claims, costs, actions or proceedings, loss or damage that may arise out of or in relation to:
(i) your application for News Tablet Device Protection Plan; and/or
(ii) GE’s use, collection and disclosure of your Personal Data.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, SPH remains responsible for your Personal Data in its own possession pursuant to its Personal Data Protection Policy and its compliance with applicable data protection laws.
5. SPH does not make any evaluation or decision concerning GE’s acceptance of your application to obtain a News Tablet Device Protection Plan policy and you understand that GE may reject your application hereunder, subject to its own terms and conditions, without any notifications.
6. SPH is not in the insurance business and is not acting as an agent or broker for GE. SPH, on behalf of itself and its officers, directors and employees, is not and will not promote, endorse, recommend, procure or advise on any insurance product or matter related thereto.
7. SPH makes no representations or warranties of any kind whatsoever with regard to any insurance product offered by GE including as to your eligibility, the suitability or viability of any GE insurance product, or that information provided to you is complete, timely, reliable or free from errors or inaccuracies.
8. News Tablet Device Protection Plan is underwritten by GE and not SPH. All matters concerning or affecting any GE insurance product including eligibility, enrolment, enforcement, and claims must be made directly to GE. If you have any questions in this regard, please contact GE’s Customer Service Hotline at 1800 248 2888 (9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. The terms and conditions of the News Tablet Device Protection Plan and other policy documents are available for download from the GE policy information page at sg.gelife.co/sphtabnew.
10. The terms and conditions for the coverage of News Tablet Device Protection Plan via the News Tablet subscription shall be governed by the laws of Singapore and you have agreed to be bound by the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore.
Important Notes About News Tablet Device Protection Plan
1. This is only product information provided by us. It is not a contract of Insurance. Please refer to the policy documents for the precise terms and conditions of the insurance plan.
2. This plan is protected under the Policy Owners’ Protection Scheme which is administered by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation (SDIC). Coverage for your policy is automatic and no further action is required from you. For more information on the types of benefits that are covered under the scheme as well as the limits of coverage, where applicable, please contact us or visit the General Insurance Association (GIA) or SDIC websites (www.gia.org.sg or www.sdic.org.sg).
3. News Tablet Device Protection Plan is underwritten by Great Eastern General Insurance Limited (GEG), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Great Eastern Holdings Limited and a member of the OCBC Group.
4. You may wish to seek advice from a qualified adviser before making a commitment to purchase this product. If you choose not to seek advice from a qualified adviser, you should consider whether this product is suitable for you.
5. Information correct as at 19 August 2020.