Step 1: Get the following documents
For official proof and verification, we would require you to submit the following documents for the type of claim you are making.
- Instruction Page
- Death Claim Form (to be completed by named beneficiary or next-of-kin)
- Clinical Abstract Application
- Certified True Copy of Death Certificate (to be certified true copy by our Customer Service Staff or the Servicing Agent or Servicing Financial Planner). For overseas death, the original Death Certificate must be certified by our Customer Service Staff or Notary Public of the Country where the Life Insured passed away)
- For Singaporeans who died overseas, the death certificate is to be certified by and translated into English by the Singapore Embassy in the country of death.
- Letter from Immigration and Checkpoint Authority (ICA) – this letter is issued by ICA for Singaporeans or Permanent Residents (PR) who died overseas. It confirms receipt of the Singapore IC, Passport and overseas Death Certificate.
- Newspaper Clipping (if any)
- Police Report (if death was due to accidental or unnatural causes)
- Doctor’s Statement (if death had occurred overseas)
- Authorisation Letter (if claimant is authorising another GEL agent to handle the claim (including collection of cheque)
- Last Will of deceased (if deceased had left a Last Will)
- NRIC(s)/Passport(s) of Claimant(s)
Step 2: Submit documents
Once you have downloaded and completed the relevant claim forms, please submit the claim to us together with the required documents for assessment.
Please submit all claims documents through your Great Eastern Life distribution representative or by post to our Claims Department:
The Great Eastern Life Assurance Company Limited
No.17 & 18, Block B, Bangunan Habza
Simpang 150, Kampong Kiarong
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
We will write to you to inform you of the status of the claim.
We know you are keen to get a reply quickly, and you can be sure that we are doing our utmost to get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you!
To read frequently asked questions about claims, click here.