1. What is Health Connect?
Health Connect is a complimentary benefit exclusive for GREAT SupremeHealth life assureds. This service is currently available only to Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents.
2. What are the services provided by Health Connect?
Health Connect is a call-in service to help you with:
3. How it works?
This illustration below provides an overview of when you should call Health Connect and how its services can benefit you. Just call Health Connect if you require:
4. What is the contact number for Health Connect and what are the operating hours?
For both outpatient appointment booking and Pre-Authorisation request, kindly call Health Connect at 6563 2233.
Operation hours are as follows:
|Monday to Friday||8am to 6pm|
|Saturday||8am to 1pm|
5. Who can call Health Connect for its services?
GREAT SupremeHealth life assureds can call Health Connect. However, if the life assured is under the age of 21, the policyholder may call Health Connect on his/her behalf.
6. Are the specialists easily accessible?
Yes. Our specialist clinics are located island-wide to provide greater accessibility. We have specially selected specialists across more than 20 different medical specialties on our panel for your personal selection.
7. Where can I find the list of specialists under Health Connect’s panel?
View the full list of our Panel specialists here.
8. Is it easy to book an appointment via Health Connect?
Yes, just call Health Connect and our Health Connect Ambassador will assist you with the specialist appointment on your preferred dates, subject to availability.
Upon confirmation of appointment, an email confirmation will be sent to you within three (3) business days from your request.
9. Can I change my specialist appointment after it is confirmed?
Yes, you may contact the specialist clinic directly to change your appointment.
10. Can Health Connect help me make an appointment if I wish to consult a specialist in a Singapore Restructured Hospital?
No, Singapore Restructured Hospitals require appointment booking to be made by the patient personally or their next of kin.
11. Can Health Connect help me make an appointment if I wish to consult a specialist in a Singapore Private Hospital?
Health Connect can assist with appointment booking in Singapore Private Hospital only if the selected specialist is on the Health Connect panel.
12. Can I get pre-authorisation* for my proposed medical and/or surgical expenses if I call Health Connect?
Pre-authorisation of your proposed medical and/or surgical expenses will be given, if the doctor or specialist whom you are consulting is:
13. How do I go about getting my medical expenses pre-authorised if I am now consulting a Panel Specialist?
The following process will serve as a guide to help you to get the assessment and pre-authorisation needed.
Step 1: Call Health Connect at 6563 2233
Request for pre-authorisation of proposed medical and/or surgical expenses.
You will receive a “Pre-authorisation Request Form” from our Health Connect Ambassador via email, within one (1) business day.
Step 2: Complete the “Pre-authorisation Request Form”. Scan the completed form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org with supporting documents.
This email must be sent to the mentioned email address at least three (3) to ten (10) business days before your admission date.
What can you expect?
Upon receipt of the documents described in Step (2), our Health Connect Ambassador will assess your eligible medical and/or surgical expenses based on the estimated bill size against your GREAT SupremeHealth and GREAT TotalCare coverage (if any).
Please take note that:
Certificate of Pre-authorisation only covers the following:-
For medical and/or surgical expenses that Health Connect does not pre-authorise, please refer to Question 19.
14. I have received the Certificate of Pre-authorisation for my planned surgical treatment. However, my specialist has recommended additional medical treatment. Is the pre-authorisation still valid?
The assessment of eligible medical and/or surgical expense is based on the estimated bill size against the GREAT SupremeHealth and GREAT TotalCare
coverage (if any). Any changes to the doctor, hospital, admission date or prescribed treatment made will require a re-assessment.
Repeat the request as per Question 13.
15. What should I do if I need to change my hospital admission details on the Certificate of Pre-authorisation?
Please call Health Connect at 6563 2233 for assistance.
16. What should I do in an emergency situation?
Please proceed with the necessary medical and/or surgical treatment to avoid any serious impairment to your health. You are however, advised to contact Health Connect soonest possible, to enable us in assisting on your eligible medical and/or surgical expenses. Health Connect will handle such emergency cases on a case-by-case basis, depending on the severity of each situation.
17. If my medical condition does not allow me to directly call Health Connect for its services, can I delegate my family member to liaise with Health Connect?
Health Connect will handle such cases on a case-by-case basis, depending on the severity of each situation.
18. Can my Great Eastern Financial Representative call Health Connect on my behalf?
Please note personal and medical information are governed by the Personal Data Protection Act. To protect our customers’ confidentiality, we regret that your Great Eastern Financial Representative will not able to call Health Connect on your behalf.
19. Can Health Connect pre-authorise all types of medical expenses?
No. The following medical expenses cannot be pre-authorised by Health Connect:
The claims for the above-mentioned items can either be submitted via e-filing or manually. Please seek advice from the hospital on the mode of claim submission.
Alternatively, you may contact your Financial Representative for assistance, contact our Customer Service Hotline at 1800-248 2888 or email Wecare-SG@greateasternlife.com for advice.
20. Currently I am seeking a medical and/or surgical treatment with a non-panel specialist, should I switch to a Health Connect panel specialist?
If you feel it is the best option, you may consider changing your current non-panel specialist to our panel specialist to benefit from services offered under Health Connect. You may refer to Question 2 for the services provided by Health Connect.
21. If I have submitted hospitalisation claims which are still pending with Great Eastern, can I request for a Certificate of Pre-authorisation with Health Connect?
Any pending hospitalisation claims do not affect the eligibility of using Health Connect. You may call Health Connect and request for a Certificate of Pre-authorisation.
However, Great Eastern will take into consideration your pending hospitalisation claims during the assessment and issuance of Certificate of Pre-authorisation.
22. Is Health Connect made available to a GREAT SupremeHealth life assured who is foreigner?
For GREAT SupremeHealth life assured who is a foreigner, Health Connect services will not be available. E-filing at the hospital will not be possible too. All claims are to be submitted manually to Great Eastern for reimbursement. The customer can contact the Financial Representative for assistance.
Alternatively, the customer may contact our Customer Service Hotline at 1800-248 2888 or email Wecare-SG@greateasternlife.com for assistance on claim matters.