1. Are the panel specialists easily accessible?
Yes. Our specialist clinics are located island-wide to provide greater accessibility. We have specially selected specialists across more than 20 different medical specialities on our panel for your personal selection.
View the full list of our panel specialists here.
2. Is it easy to request for an appointment via Health Connect?
Yes. Please note that you may request for an appointment via:
1. Online request here
2. Health Connect hotline at 6563 2233.
3. Email us your request at Pre-Authorisation@healthconnect.com.sg
We will confirm your specialist appointment within three business days from your request. An email confirmation will be sent to you once the appointment is fixed.
3. How does the online request work?
Simply visit our website, select a panel specialist, enter your NRIC and date of birth to let us know who you are, enter your preferred dates and submit your request. We will liaise with the clinic and inform you of the confirmed booking through the email and mobile number you provided to us.
4. Can I change my specialist appointment after it is confirmed?
Yes, you may contact the specialist clinic directly to change your appointment.
5. How were your specialists selected to be part of the panel?
We currently have more than 400 specialists in our panel, which covers more than 20 medical specialities. To be eligible to be on our panel, specialists must demonstrate a proven track record in their field with years of experience.
6. Can I get a pre-approval* for my proposed medical or surgical expenses if I call Health Connect?
You may request for a pre-approval of your planned admission provided if the specialist meets the following:
1. Practicing in a Singapore Restructured Hospital; or
2. On our panel and practicing in a Singapore Private Hospital.
*Assessment of eligible medical expenses is based on the coverage on your GREAT SupremeHealth and GREAT TotalCare policies (if any). For expenses which are ineligible, payment will need to be made upon your discharge
7. How do I go about getting my eligible medical expenses pre-approved if I am now consulting a Panel Specialist?
You can do so through the following ways if you need to go for a planned treatment or surgery:
a) If you are at the panel specialist clinic, you can ask the panel specialist to assist you in requesting for the pre-approval of your medical expenses.
b) Download the online fillable form and email it back to us at Pre-Authorisation@healthconnect.com.sg or call us at 6563 2233 and we will guide you accordingly. Do ensure to allow sufficient time of at least three to ten working days before your surgery date, to submit the form to us for our assessment.
8. How is the pre-approval application process like?
Once we are notified of the pre-approval request, here is what will happen next:
9. What does the certificate cover me for?
It covers you for:
10. My specialist recommended additional treatment during my admission, will my certificate still be valid?
A re-assessment will be required, please be assured that we will work with your specialist directly. We will inform you of the outcome accordingly.
11. What happens if my admission details changes, and my certificate will need to be updated?
13. Are there any medical expenses which are not eligible for request of pre-approval?
Please note the following items:
For questions on any of the above, please do call us. The claims for the above-mentioned items can either be submitted via e-filing or manually.
14. Currently I am seeking a medical and/or surgical treatment with a non-panel specialist, should I switch to a Health Connect panel specialist?
To fully enjoy the Health Connect services as our GREAT SupremeHealth life assured, you may consider switching to our panel specialists.