1. The Great Eastern Women’s Run 2022 (the “Event”) is owned by The Great Eastern Life Assurance Company Limited (the “Owner” or “Great Eastern”), organised by Esprimo Pte Ltd and participation is facilitated by use of a third-party mobile application (“Mobile App”) managed by 42Technology Pte Ltd (“42Race”) (collectively, the “Organisers”). These Terms and Conditions (“T&Cs”) apply to the Event and can be found at https://www.greateasternlife.com/greateasternwomensrun/index.html (the “Official Website”).
2. By continuing to access any part of the Official Website, submitting information to Great Eastern and registering for the Event, the Organisers and/or the relevant business partners, whether for the purpose of registering for the Event or otherwise, as well as using any features of the Official Website, each individual (each a “Participant” and collectively “Participants”) agrees and consents to Great Eastern and its related corporations (collectively, the “Companies”), as well as their respective representatives, agents, the Companies’ authorised service providers such as the Organisers and relevant third parties (the Companies and all the other foregoing parties, collectively, “Great Eastern Persons”), collecting, using, disclosing, and/or sharing amongst themselves the Participant’s and where applicable, her child/ward’s personal data, for purposes reasonably required by the Companies to (i) administer and conduct the Event; (ii) to promote the Event including using any photographs, videos, motion pictures, images, recordings, or any other recording of the Event and its Participants for any commercial advertising and promotional purposes linked to the Event or future editions of the Event organised or held by Great Eastern and the Companies, (iii) measuring the success of the Event; and (iv) obtaining feedback from participants on the Event; and such other purposes as described in Great Eastern’s Privacy Statement (collectively, the “Purposes”) which is accessible from Great Eastern Singapore’s website at https://www.greateasternlife.com, which each Participant confirms they have read and understood.
A Participant’s consents herein supplement but do not supersede nor replace any other consents that Participant may have previously provided Great Eastern Persons, and that Participant’s consents herein are cumulative and additional to any rights which any of the Great Eastern Persons may have to collect, use and/or disclose of my/our personal data, with or without that Participant’s consent, to the extent permitted under applicable law.
In addition, where personal data of any person is disclosed by a Participant, that Participant further confirms and represents that they have obtained the consent of the individual concerned for the Purposes, unless such consent is not required under applicable laws: (i) to collect such personal data; (ii) for the disclosure of such personal data to the Great Eastern Persons; and (iii) for the Great Eastern Persons’ collection, use and/or disclosure of such personal data.
3. By signing up for the Event, including but not limited to completion and submission of the online registration form, each Participant:
(i) acknowledges and agrees to abide by these terms and conditions; and
(ii) where applicable, the Participant acknowledges and agrees on behalf of her child/ward to abide by these terms and conditions
and any amendments that may be made from time to time. The Participant agrees that the online registration in the Event is personal to the Participant and/or their child/ward and is not transferable to any other person, nor will any other person be permitted to participate in the Participant’s or their child/ward’s place.
4. Each Participant certifies that she is 18 years of age or older at the time of registration for the Event. If a Participant is below 18 years of age, the Participant must seek parental or guardian’s consent before registering and participating in the Event, and in such an instance, the Participant’s parent or guardian certifies that she has read this document, fully understands, and agrees to these terms and conditions for and on behalf of the Participant or their child/ward.
5. Registration for the Event is only confirmed upon successful payment of the relevant registration fee and issuance of a race confirmation email.
6. The Participant: (i) declares that she has provided true, accurate, current, and complete information about herself and Participant’s child/ward (where applicable) in the online registration form (the "Registration Data"); and (ii) agrees to maintain and promptly update the online Registration Data to ensure it stays true, accurate, current, and complete. Great Eastern and/or the Organisers may contact the Participant from time to time by email and/or SMS. Any notice sent to the email address and/or SMS sent to the telephone number registered for the Event via the online race registration form shall be deemed as received by the Participant.
7. If the Participant provides any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete or if the Organisers have grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, the Organisers may suspend or terminate the Participant’s or Participant’s child/ward’s registration.
8. Upon successful registration for the Event, there shall be no refund of any registration fees and donation(s) to any Participant and/or Participant’s child/ward (where applicable) who does not take part in the Event, for any reason whatsoever. It is the responsibility of the Participant to check that she has duly completed and submitted the online registration form and to check that such registration has been accepted by the Organisers. The Organisers shall not be responsible for incomplete entry details or the failure to process and accept the Participant’s and/or Participant’s child/ward (where applicable) registration, including but not limited to any technical glitches, faults and/or delays that may occur.
9. Once registration is confirmed, a Participant and/or Participant’s child/ward is strictly NOT ALLOWED to:
(a) transfer her race entry to another party; or
(b) participate under other person’s name or number.
10. Each Participant on behalf of themselves, and their child/ward (where applicable), irrevocably grant perpetual, worldwide, compensation-free and unlimited permission for Great Eastern to use, reproduce, disseminate and distribute any and all photographs, videos, motion pictures, images, recordings or any other form of record of the Participant and their child/ward’s participation in the Event or a related activity, whether in original or edited format, and whether now known or in the future invented, for any and all commercial advertising and promotional purposes (including promoting or advertising for the Event or for Great Eastern) (“Promotional Purposes”), across all media and platforms (including but not limited to print, radio, local television programs), or in any other format or media (including but not limited to electronic, social and digital media). Each Participant acknowledges that such permission includes allowing Great Eastern to use and reproduce the Participant/child/ward’s name, email, nickname, image, likeness, voice, photograph, and biographical information for Promotional Purposes in connection with the Event or future editions of the Event or for Great Eastern. For the avoidance of doubt, the Participant and the Participant’s child/ward will not be entitled to any compensation in connection herewith. In consideration and in return for being allowed to participate in the Event, the Participant releases and agrees not to sue Great Eastern and its related companies from all present and future claims regarding use of Participant and the Participant’s child/ward’s photographs, motion pictures, images, recordings or any other form of record, by Participant and her heirs, assigns, spouses, partners, personal representatives and/or next of kin.
11. Great Eastern and the Organisers reserve the right to modify or substitute any of these T&Cs from time to time as they deem fit without any notice or liability to any party. If there is ambiguity in any of these provisions, Great Eastern shall be the sole authority to interpret them and in so doing, it may take into account the interests of all affected Participants. Any amendments to these T&Cs will be updated on the Official Website.
12. Great Eastern’s decision on all matters relating to Event is final and binding on all participants in the Event. Great Eastern will not entertain any queries with regard to the Event results and entitlements, and will not be obliged to provide the reason(s) for its decisions to a Participant.
13. Great Eastern and the Organisers reserve the right to cancel, postpone or modify any part of the Event or any component of it, including but not limited to the date, course and/or location, at any time without prior notice and without liability to the Participants. In the event of such cancellation, postponement or modification, the Organisers will post the details of cancellation, postponement, or modification on the Official Website, and the Organiser will make every effort to inform the Participants prior to the date of the Event. If the Event or any component of it is cancelled, postponed, or modified, there shall be no refund of registration fees and donation(s). Great Eastern and the Organisers shall not be liable for any loss or inconvenience caused.
14. Great Eastern shall not be liable for/or in respect of any expenses, losses, costs, damages, liabilities or other consequences of whatsoever nature (collectively “Losses”) suffered or incurred directly or indirectly by Participants howsoever caused or arising and without limiting the generality of the foregoing, whether by reason of/or on account of any act or omission whether negligent or otherwise on the part of Great Eastern or its servants or agents, even if Great Eastern or its agents or employees are advised of the possibility of such Losses.
15. Great Eastern reserves the right to:
(a) investigate cases of suspected fraud and suspend a Participant from the Event or clawback any entitlements already provided to the relevant Participant
(b) disqualify and withdraw the participation of any person who is non-compliant with the T&Cs of the Event, in Great Eastern’s sole and absolute discretion.
Health and Safety
16. The Participant declares as a condition of entry into the Event that (i) the Participant has undertaken appropriate and sufficient training for the Event; (ii) the Participant’s child/ward has taken appropriate and sufficient training for the Event; (iii) the Participant is not aware of any condition, illness, injury, or disability for herself or her child’ward that may cause or result in injury or death during or because of participating in the Event; and (iii) the Participant shall keep himself/herself informed, and shall be responsible for assessing the dangers, hazards, and other risks of taking part in the Event notwithstanding any actions or activities undertaken by the Organisers and its employees, directors, agents, or contractors in promoting, staging, organising, or marketing the Event.
17. Every Participant is responsible for her or her child/ward’s involvement in the Event. Great Eastern will not be liable for any injuries, mishaps, sickness, death or loss/damage to personal property that may occur during the Event. Every Participant needs to be aware that participation in the Event may be physically demanding and may involve a certain amount of risk and in choosing to participate, every Participant acknowledges that she accepts all risks associated with participation in the Event and that such acceptance is a precondition to her participation. Every Participant understands that she will have to co-operate fully with Great Eastern and the Organisers and diligently comply with all safety instructions, directions and requirements, including safe management measures and vaccination requirements related to Covid-19.
18. Every Participant shall therefore not hold Great Eastern or any of its related companies or any of their respective officers, employees and agents liable for any damage to or loss of property or any injury or loss of life which may be sustained by the Participant during the course or arising from any cause in connection with her participation in the Event.
19. Every Participant agrees to waive all claims against Great Eastern, their respective subsidiaries and affiliates, and the officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors, assignees, and insurers of such entities and any third party acting on its behalf or working within the framework of the Event.
20. Participants should not engage in any physical activity or Event activities if they are not feeling well.
21. Participants can choose to register for any of the race categories as follows:
22. 2KM Mummy + Me Run
(a) Participating parents/guardians of the 2KM Mummy + Me Run must be 18 years old and above as of 20 November 2022.
(b) Participating female child(ren)/ward(s) must be 5 to 12 years old as of 20 November 2022.
(c) One female parent/guardian is required to run with her female child/ward. The female parent/guardian can register with a maximum of 3 female children/wards.
23. 5KM Individual
(i) A Participant must be 13 years and above as of 20 November 2022 to participate in the 5KM run.
24. 10KM Individual
(i) A Participant must be 16 years and above as of 20 November 2022 to participate in the 10KM run.
25. Any Participant below the age of 18 is required to seek parental/guardian consent when registering as stated in paragraph 4, failing which the Organisers reserve the right to refuse registration to that Participant. For the avoidance of doubt, the Participant’s age will be deemed to be her age as of 20 November 2022.
26. T-shirt sizes are subject to availability.
27. T-shirts and tote bags will be couriered to the address which the Participant had submitted during registration prior to the Event.
28. The finisher’s medal will be issued on the day of the Event at the Athlete’s Welfare area, upon completion of the race.
29. The Event will be held on 20 November 2022, from 4:00 AM to 11:00 AM at Singapore Sports Hub.
30. The Organisers reserve the right to amend the Event race routes as they deem fit for the safety of the Participants and/or to prevent any potential hazards in the running of the event, at any time without prior notice to the Participants. In such cases, every effort will be made to inform the Participants prior to the date of the event. The Organisers shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused due to such changes.
31. The Event is a Vaccination-Differentiated Safe Management Measures (VDS) event. Participants aged 13 years and above must be fully vaccinated and proof of vaccination must be presented to authorised staff upon entry at the Event.
Individuals are considered fully vaccinated when they have had:
(i) 2 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech/Comirnaty, at least 21 days apart;
(ii) 2 doses of Nuvaxovid, at least 21 days apart;
(iii) 2 doses of Moderna / Spikevax, at least 28 days apart;
(iv) 3 doses of Sinovac-CoronaVac, the second dose should be 28 days after the first dose, and the third dose should be 90 days after the second dose; and
(v) 1 booster dose of mRNA vaccine or the Nuxaxovid vaccine taken within 270 days from the last dose of your primary vaccination series.
Individuals who have recovered from a COVID-19 infection, are medically ineligible for COVID-19 vaccination and children aged 12 and below are exempted from Vaccination-Differentiated Safe Management Measures (VDS) event.
32. Participants must wear their assigned number bib on their chest at all times during the race. Participants without the allocated bib will not be allowed to take part in the race.
33. The Organisers reserve the right to delay the commencement of the run in the event of inclement weather. Should inclement weather persist after the delay, the Organisers reserve the right to cancel or convert the Event to a Virtual Run without refund of registration fees.
34. The “Gun Time” will be considered to determine the winners except for the non-competitive categories. Gun time is the time from the start signal until the runner crosses the finish line.
35. The Organisers reserve the right to replace any winners if she is found to be disqualified.
36. Participants who do not start within 30 minutes from their respective flag-off point will be disqualified and for safety reasons, will not be allowed to start. Participants who start in a category that they did not register for will also be disqualified. Do note that the Race Cut off timings are as follows:
10km : 2 hr 30 mins
5km : 1 hr 30 mins
2km Mummy + Me : 40 mins
37. The 2KM Mummy + Me, 5KM and 10KM categories are non-competitive. However, individual runner’s timing is recorded for 5KM and 10KM category.
38. No pets, or any form of wheel-run objects of transport e.g. inline skates, prams, push cars, shoes with built-in or attached rollers are allowed on the course during the race except for official race and medical vehicles.
39. While baggage deposit services are provided on the race day, the Organisers will not be held responsible for any loss and/or damage, personal or otherwise, to the belongings and items deposited. The Organisers also reserve the right to check any item or baggage deposited.
Pre-Race Fringe Activities
40. Pre-race fringe activities are applicable to registered participants residing in Singapore only.
41. The pre-race fringe activities include:
(a) Virtual Milestone Challenge (8 September 2022 – 31 October 2022)
(b) Hybrid Rebounding with BBOUNCE @ Claymore Connect (24 September 2022)
(c) Kayaking – Simpang River Trail (9 October 2022)
42. Interested participants may find out more about the pre-race fringe activities on the Official Website.
Virtual Milestone Challenge (8 September 2022 – 31 October 2022)
43. The Virtual Milestone Challenge is a free pre-race fringe activity offered to all registered Participants of the Great Eastern Women’s Run 2022. The Virtual Milestone Challenge is intended to help Participants train and ease into the momentum of running, in preparation for the Event.
44. To qualify for completion of the Virtual Milestone Challenge, Participants must use the 42Race Mobile App and/or web-based result submission through the 42Race platform. The Mobile App is available for download on Android Play Store and Apple App Store.
45. Participants can auto synchronise their running activities via Strava, Garmin and/or submit manually.
46. For manual submissions via 42Race Mobile App or platform, the screenshot must indicate the date, time, distance completed and the duration of the Participant’s run. Participants to allow at least 5 working days for verification of manually submitted race results.
47. Participants will have to complete the Virtual Milestone Challenge within the clock-in period (7 September – 31 October 2022) to unlock e-badges. Any distance covered before or after the clock-in period will not be considered. Participants may complete the distances either in a single session or split into multiple sessions within the clock-in period. Participants may take part in specific challenge periods to win prizes as well (refer to 'Virtual Milestone Challenge Terms and Conditions').
Milestone 1: Complete a total of 3km
Milestone 2: Complete a total of 5km
Milestone 3: Complete a total of 10km
Milestone 4: Complete a total of 20km
Milestone 5: Complete a total of 35km
(each a “Milestone”)
48. Distance is cumulative over the Milestones. For example, a Participant who has completed 3km to achieve Milestone 1 would need to run additional 2km to achieve Milestone 2 (total 5km). After achieving Milestone 2, the Participant would need to run additional 5km to achieve Milestone 3 (10km), and so on.
49. Upon completing the distance required to achieve a Milestone, the Participant is eligible to unlock a completion e-badge for that completed Milestone.
50. Should there be any fraudulent or wrongful activity or result found, the Participant’s account will be suspended, and the Participant will be disqualified from the Virtual Milestone Challenge. The Participant will not be eligible for any of the benefits to be obtained through the Virtual Milestone Challenge.
51. Any fraudulent result will not be taken into consideration for e-deals, lucky draws, reward tier prizes and leader board if any. There will be no refund for any Participant who is disqualified for any reason.
52. Participants are to allow for at least 5 working days for fraud management.
53. The Organisers reserve the right to replace any winners if she is disqualified or subsequently disqualified for any valid reason as determined by the Organisers, The Organisers’ decision shall be final and binding.
54. The Organisers will not be liable for any technical glitches, faults, delays, virus, malware in the Mobile App or through Participant’s participation in the Virtual Milestone Challenge, nor for any loss and damage suffered as a result thereof.
Hybrid Rebounding with BBOUNCE Studio @ Claymore Connect (24 September 2022)
55. Hybrid Rebounding with BBOUNCE @ Claymore Connect is a pre-race fringe activity offered at an exclusive rate of S$5 per pax specially for Great Eastern Women’s Run 2022 Participants, subject to the age restriction mentioned below.
56. Each Great Eastern Women’s Run 2022 Participant may purchase for up to two (2) pax, of which one (1) pax must be herself (e.g. the Participant and a female friend who need not be a GEWR participant). This activity is only open to female participants who are 18 years old and above as of 31 December 2022.
57. Slots are limited. Registration is only confirmed upon successful payment and issuance of a confirmation email.
58. The confirmation email will set out the details for the activity.
Kayaking – Simpang River Trail (9 October 2022)
59. Kayaking – Simpang River Trail is a pre-race fringe activity offered at an exclusive rate of S$15 per pax specially for Great Eastern Women’s Run 2022 Participants and their family.
60. Each Great Eastern Women’s Run 2022 Participant may purchase for up to four (4) pax, of which one (1) pax must be herself (e.g. the Participant and three family members (males and females are welcome)). This activity is open to participants who are 4 years old and above as of 31 December 2022.
61. Slots are limited. Registration is only confirmed upon successful payment and issuance of a confirmation email.
62. The confirmation email will set out the details for the activity.