1. The Great Eastern Women’s Run 2023 (the “Event”) is owned by The Great Eastern Life Assurance Company Limited (the “Owner” or “Great Eastern”), organised by Esprimo Pte Ltd ("Esprimo") and participation is facilitated by use of a third-party mobile application (“Mobile App”) managed by 42Technology Pte Ltd (“42Race”) (Esprimo and 42Race collectively known as the “Organisers”). These Terms and Conditions (“T&Cs”) apply to the Event and can be found at https://www.greateasternlife.com/greateasternwomensrun/index.html (the “Official Website”).
2. By registering for the Event, each individual (each a “Participant” and collectively “Participants”) agrees and consents to Great Eastern and its related corporations (collectively, the “Companies”), as well as their respective representatives, agents, the Companies’ authorised service providers such as the Organisers and relevant third parties (the Companies and all the other foregoing parties, collectively, “Great Eastern Persons”), collecting, using, disclosing, and/or sharing amongst themselves the Participant’s and where applicable, her child/ward’s personal data, for purposes reasonably required by the Companies to (i) administer and conduct the Event; (ii) to promote the Event including using any photographs, videos, motion pictures, images, recordings, or any other recording of the Event and its Participants for any commercial advertising and promotional purposes linked to the Event or future editions of the Event organised or held by Great Eastern and the Companies, (iii) measuring the success of the Event; and (iv) obtaining feedback from participants on the Event; and such other purposes as described in Great Eastern’s Privacy Statement (collectively, the “Purposes”) which is accessible from Great Eastern Singapore’s website at https://www.greateasternlife.com, which each Participant confirms they have read and understood. You may withdraw your consent at any time. Please write to email@example.com (24 May - 29 October 2023) or firstname.lastname@example.org (30 October 2023 onwards) if you would like to do so.
A Participant’s consents herein supplement but do not supersede nor replace any other consents that Participant may have previously provided Great Eastern Persons, and that Participant’s consents herein are cumulative and additional to any rights which any of the Great Eastern Persons may have to collect, use and/or disclose of my/our personal data, with or without that Participant’s consent, to the extent permitted under applicable law.
In addition, where personal data of any person is disclosed by a Participant, that Participant further confirms and represents that they have obtained the consent of the individual concerned for the Purposes, unless such consent is not required under applicable laws: (i) to collect such personal data; (ii) for the disclosure of such personal data to the Great Eastern Persons; and (iii) for the Great Eastern Persons’ collection, use and/or disclosure of such personal data.
3. By signing up for the Event, including but not limited to completion and submission of the online registration form, each Participant:
(a) acknowledges and agrees to abide by these terms and conditions; and
(b) where applicable, the Participant acknowledges and agrees on behalf of her child/ward to abide by these terms and conditions and any amendments that may be made from time to time.
The Participant agrees that the online registration in the Event is personal to the Participant and/or their child/ward and is not transferable to any other person, nor will any other person be permitted to participate in the Participant’s or their child/ward’s place.
4. (a) Each Participant on behalf of themselves, and their child/ward (where applicable), irrevocably grant perpetual, worldwide, compensation-free and unlimited permission for Great Eastern to use, reproduce, disseminate and distribute any and all photographs, videos, motion pictures, images, recordings or any other form of record of the Participant and their child/ward’s participation in the Event or a related activity, whether in original or edited format, and whether now known or in the future invented, for any and all commercial advertising and promotional purposes (including promoting or advertising for the Event or for Great Eastern) (“Promotional Purposes”), across all media and platforms (including but not limited to print, radio, local television programs), or in any other format or media (including but not limited to electronic, social and digital media).
(b) Each Participant acknowledges that such permission includes allowing Great Eastern to use and reproduce the Participant/child/ward’s name, email, nickname, image, likeness, voice, photograph, and biographical information for Promotional Purposes in connection with the Event or future editions of the Event or for Great Eastern.
(c) For the avoidance of doubt, the Participant and the Participant’s child/ward will not be entitled to any compensation in connection with 4(a) and 4(b) herewith. In consideration and in return for being allowed to participate in the Event, the Participant releases and agrees not to sue Great Eastern and its related companies from all present and future claims regarding use of Participant and the Participant’s child/ward’s photographs, motion pictures, images, recordings or any other form of record, by Participant and her heirs, assigns, spouses, partners, personal representatives and/or next of kin.
5. Each Participant certifies that she is 18 years of age or older at the time of registration for the Event. If a Participant is below 18 years of age, the Participant must seek parental or guardian’s consent before registering and participating in the Event, and in such an instance, the Participant’s parent or guardian certifies that she has read this document, fully understands, and agrees to these terms and conditions for and on behalf of the Participant or their child/ward.
6. Registration for the Event is only confirmed upon successful payment of the relevant registration fee and issuance of a race confirmation email.
7. The Participant: (a) declares that she has provided true, accurate, current, and complete information about herself and Participant’s child/ward (where applicable) in the online registration form (the "Registration Data"); and (b) agrees to maintain and promptly update the online Registration Data to ensure it stays true, accurate, current, and complete. Great Eastern and/or the Organisers may contact the Participant from time to time by email and/or SMS. Any notice sent to the email address and/or SMS sent to the telephone number registered for the Event via the online race registration form shall be deemed as received by the Participant.
8. If the Participant provides any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete or if the Organisers have grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, the Organisers may suspend or terminate the Participant’s or Participant’s child/ward’s registration.
9. Upon successful registration for the Event, there shall be no refund of any registration fees and donation(s) to any Participant and/or Participant’s child/ward (where applicable) for any reason whatsoever including non-participation in the Event. It is the responsibility of the Participant to check that she has duly completed and submitted the online registration form and to check that such registration has been accepted by the Organisers. The Organisers shall not be responsible for incomplete entry details or the failure to process and accept the Participant’s and/or Participant’s child/ward (where applicable) registration, including but not limited to any technical glitches, faults and/or delays that may occur.
10. Once registration is confirmed, a Participant and/or Participant’s child/ward is strictly NOT ALLOWED to:
(a) transfer her race entry to another party; or
(b) participate under other person’s name or number.
11. Great Eastern and the Organisers reserve the right to modify or substitute any of these T&Cs from time to time as they deem fit without any notice or liability to any party. If there is ambiguity in any of these provisions, Great Eastern shall be the sole authority to interpret them. Any amendments to these T&Cs will be updated on the Official Website. All Participants understand and agree that by participating in the Event, they accept any change or update in these T&Cs as updated by Great Eastern from time to time.
12. Great Eastern’s decision on all matters relating to Event is final and binding on all participants in the Event. Great Eastern will not entertain any queries with regard to the Event results and entitlements, and will not be obliged to provide the reason(s) for its decisions to a Participant.
13. Great Eastern and the Organisers reserve the right to cancel, postpone or modify any part of the Event or any component of it, including but not limited to the date, course and/or location, at any time without prior notice and without liability to the Participants. In the event of such cancellation, postponement or modification, the Organisers will post the details of cancellation, postponement, or modification on the Official Website, and the Organiser will make every effort to inform the Participants prior to the date of the Event. If the Event or any component of it is cancelled, postponed, or modified, there shall be no refund of registration fees and donation(s). Great Eastern and the Organisers shall not be liable for any loss or inconvenience caused.
14. Great Eastern shall not be liable for/or in respect of any expenses, losses, costs, damages, liabilities or other consequences of whatsoever nature (collectively “Losses”) suffered or incurred directly or indirectly by Participants howsoever caused or arising and without limiting the generality of the foregoing, whether by reason of/or on account of any act or omission whether negligent or otherwise on the part of Great Eastern or its servants or agents, even if Great Eastern or its agents or employees are advised of the possibility of such Losses.
15. Great Eastern reserves the right to:
(a) investigate cases of suspected fraud and suspend a Participant from the Event or clawback any entitlements already provided to the relevant Participant; and/or
(b) disqualify and withdraw the participation of any person who is non-compliant with the T&Cs of the Event, in Great Eastern’s sole and absolute discretion.
16. Participants acknowledge and accept that they will be required to use third party programmes, software, websites and applications and will be subject to the terms and conditions, including privacy policies, governing a Participant’s use of such third party programmes, websites and applications. Great Eastern has no control over the rights and obligations governing a Participant’s use of any third party’s programmes, software, websites and applications.
17. The terms and conditions of the Event shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with Singapore law. The courts of Singapore shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising from the terms and conditions, including the validity and enforceability thereto.
Health and Safety
18. The Participant declares as a condition of entry into the Event that (i) the Participant has undertaken appropriate and sufficient training for the Event; (ii) the Participant’s child/ward has taken appropriate and sufficient training for the Event; (iii) the Participant is not aware of any condition, illness, injury, or disability for herself or her child/ward that may cause or result in injury or death during or because of participating in the Event; and (iii) the Participant shall keep himself/herself informed, and shall be responsible for assessing the dangers, hazards, and other risks of taking part in the Event notwithstanding any actions or activities undertaken by the Organisers and its employees, directors, agents, or contractors in promoting, staging, organising, or marketing the Event.
19. Every Participant is responsible for her or her child/ward’s involvement in the Event. Great Eastern will not be liable for any injuries, mishaps, sickness, death or loss/damage to personal property that may occur during the Event. Every Participant needs to be aware that participation in the Event may be physically demanding and may involve a certain amount of risk and in choosing to participate, every Participant acknowledges that she accepts all risks associated with participation in the Event and that such acceptance is a precondition to her participation. Every Participant understands that she will have to co-operate fully with Great Eastern and the Organisers and diligently comply with all safety instructions, directions and requirements, including any safe management measures and vaccination requirements related to Covid-19 as required by prevailing government guidelines.
20. Participants agree that in the event of any emergency, injury illness or detriment whatsoever, they hereby irrevocably authorize the Organisers and officials to transport themselves or their child/ward (as the case may be) to a medical facility and/ or to administer emergency medical treatment and the Participant waive all claims that might result from such transport and/or treatment or delay or deficiency therein. The Participant shall repay or reimburse any of the Organisers’ medical and emergency expenses and the Participant hereby authorises the Organisers’ to incur the same. The Participant shall provide to race officials such medical data relating to the Participant or child/ward as they may request. The Participant agrees that nothing herein shall oblige the Organisers’ or any other person to incur any expenses or to provide any transport or treatment.
21. Every Participant agrees to waive all claims of whatsoever nature against Great Eastern, their respective subsidiaries and affiliates, and the officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors, assignees, and insurers of such entities and any third party acting on its behalf or working within the framework of the Event (collectively, the “Indemnified Persons”) and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Indemnified Persons for any damage to or loss of property or any injury or loss of life which may be sustained by the Participant or their child/ward in the course of or arising from any cause in connection with (a) his/her participation in activities related to the Eevnt; and (b) any claim made against the Indemnified Persons by a third party arising out of or in connection with any of the above.
22. Participants should not engage in any physical activity or Event activities if they are not feeling well.
Race Categories and Age Requirements
23. Participants can choose to register for any of the race categories as follows:
A Participant must be 18 years and above as of 29 October 2023 to participate in the 21.1KM run.
A Participant must be 16 years and above as of 29 October 2023 to participate in the 10KM run.
A Participant must be 13 years and above as of 29 October 2023 to participate in the 5KM run.
2KM Mummy + Me
(a) Participating female parents/guardians of the 2KM Mummy + Me Run must be 18 years old and above as of 29 October 2023.
(b) Participating female child(ren)/ward(s) must be 5 to 12 years old as of 29 October 2023.
(c) One female parent/guardian is required to run with her female child/ward. Each female parent/guardian can register with a maximum of 3 female children/wards.
100M Princess Dash
A Participant must be 3 to 6 years old as of 29 October 2023
24. This Event is an all-female event and every Participant represents and warrants that she is recognised as a female in official documents issued by the Singapore government, such as passport, NRICs or Work Permits.
25. Any Participant below the age of 18 is required to seek parental/guardian consent when registering as stated in paragraph 5, failing which the Organisers reserve the right to refuse registration to that Participant. For the avoidance of doubt, the Participant’s age will be deemed to be her age as of 29 October 2023.
26. T-shirt sizes are subject to availability.
27. T-shirts and tote bags will be couriered to the address which the Participant had submitted during registration prior to the Event. Each Participant is responsible for ensuring that the address submitted is accurate.
28. The finisher’s medal will be issued on the day of the Event at the Athlete’s Welfare Area, upon completion of the race.
29. The Event will be held on 29 October 2023, from 4:00 AM to 11:00 AM at Singapore Sports Hub.
30. The Organisers reserve the right to amend the Event race routes as they deem fit for the safety of the Participants and/or to prevent any potential hazards in the running of the event, at any time without prior notice to the Participants. In such cases, every effort will be made to inform the Participants prior to the date of the event. The Organisers shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused due to such changes.
31. Participants must wear their assigned number bib on their chest at all times during the race. Participants without the allocated bib will not be allowed to take part in the race.
32. The Organisers reserve the right to delay the commencement of the run in the event of inclement weather. Should inclement weather persist after the delay, the Organisers reserve the right to cancel or convert the Event to a Virtual Run without refund of registration fees.
33. The “Gun Time” will be considered to determine the winners except for the non-competitive categories. Gun time is the time from the start signal until the runner crosses the finish line.
34. The Organisers reserve the right to replace any winners if she is found to be disqualified.
35. Participants who do not start within 30 minutes from their respective flag-off point, with the exception of the 100M Princess Dash category, will be disqualified and for safety reasons, will not be allowed to start. Participants who start in a category that they did not register for will also be disqualified. Do note that the Race Cut off timings are as follows:
36. The 21.1KM and 10KM categories are competitive and prizes will be awarded to the top 3 runners of each category. Each individual runner’s timing is recorded.
37. The 5KM, 2KM Mummy + Me, and 100M Princess Dash categories are non-competitive. Each individual runner’s timing is recorded for the 5KM category.
38. No pets, or any form of wheel-run objects of transport e.g. inline skates, prams, push cars, shoes with built-in or attached rollers are allowed on the course during the race except for official race and medical vehicles.
39. For safety reasons, the following will not be allowed to participating in the Event:
(a) Mothers running with their babies in their arms or baby carriers; or
(b) Expectant mothers unless she is able to provide a medical certificate from a qualified gynaecologist in Singapore certifying that she is fit to participate in the race. The certificate should be dated within seven days of the race.
40. Baggage deposit services are provided on the race day. The Organisers will not be held responsible for any loss and/or damage, personal or otherwise, to the belongings and items deposited. The Organisers also reserve the right to check any item or baggage deposited.