Great 115 Terms and Conditions
1. Great 115 is a friendly competition held on 13 August 2023, at OCBC Square (Singapore Sports Hub) to motivate women to keep fit and Reach for Great together (“Great 115”). Created especially for registered Great Eastern Women’s Run 2023 participants, ladies test their fitness levels and challenge their physical limits through five different stations. Great 115 is owned by The Great Eastern Life Assurance Company Limited (“Great Eastern”) and organised by Esprimo Pte Ltd and 42Technology Pte Ltd (collectively, the “Organisers”).
2. There is a nominal registration fee of S$5 per pax to take part in Great 115. Registration is open to GEWR 2023 participants only. The registration link is available in the 42Race GEWR 2023 event card, under the “Rewards” icon.
3. Participants of Great 115 must be 18 years old and above. Participation age is taken as of the event day i.e. 13 August 2023. Each member registered for GREAT 115 is considered a participant (collectively “Participants”). Each participant will receive one goodie bag for each registration on the event day.
4. Great 115 will be held on 13 August 2023, 9.00am - 12.30pm, at OCBC Square. Slots are limited. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. Registration is only confirmed upon successful payment and issuance of a confirmation email. Registered participants are to arrive 30 mins prior to the start of the event to allow for sufficient time to check-in. The programme will start promptly at 9.00am. Participants who arrive late may not have sufficient time to complete all stations.
5. The confirmation email will set out the details for the event.
6. By signing up for Great 115, including but not limited to completion and submission of the online registration form, each Participant acknowledges and agrees to abide by these terms and conditions and any amendments that may be made from time to time; and
7. By participating in Great 115, each Participant agrees and consents to the Great Eastern and Great Eastern’s related corporations (collectively, the "Companies"), as well as their respective representatives, the Companies' authorised service providers, the Organisers and relevant third parties (the Companies and all the other foregoing parties, collectively, “Great Eastern Persons”), collecting, using, disclosing, and/or sharing amongst themselves such personal data, for purposes reasonably required by the Companies to conduct Great 115 activities which the participant is signing up for and such other purposes as described in Great Eastern's Privacy Statement (collectively, the “Purposes”) which is accessible from Great Eastern Singapore’s website, which each participant confirms they have read and understood. You may withdraw your consent at any time. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org (until 29 October 2023) or email@example.com (30 October 2023 onwards) if you would like to do so.
Each Participant’s consent herein supplements but does not supersede nor replace any other consents that Participant may have previously provided to Great Eastern Persons, and each Participant’s consents herein are cumulative and additional to any rights which any of the Great Eastern Persons may have to collect, use, and/or disclose of a Participant’s Personal Data, with or without that Participant’s consent, to the extent permitted under applicable law.
In addition, where personal data of any person is disclosed by a Participant, that Participant further confirms and represents that the Participant has obtained the consent of the person concerned for the Purposes, unless such consent is not required under applicable laws: (i) to collect such personal data; (ii) for the disclosure of such personal data to the Great Eastern Persons; and (iii) for the Great Eastern Persons’ collection, use and/or disclosure of such personal data.
8. (a) Each Participant irrevocably grants perpetual, worldwide, compensation-free and unlimited permission for Great Eastern to use, reproduce, disseminate and distribute any and all photographs, videos, motion pictures, images, recordings or any other form of record of the Participant’s participation in Great 115, whether in original or edited format, and whether now known or in the future invented, for any and all commercial advertising and promotional purposes (including promoting or advertising for Great 115, Great Eastern Women’s Run or for Great Eastern) (“Promotional Purposes”) now or in future, across all media and platforms (including but not limited to print, radio, local television programs), or in any other format or media (including but not limited to electronic, social and digital media).
(b) Each Participant further consents to Great Eastern collecting, using and disclosing personal data, including the Participant’s name, email, nickname, image, likeness, voice, photograph, and biographical information for Promotional Purposes now or in future, across all media and social platforms and in any format or media whatsoever. For the avoidance of doubt, the Participant will not be entitled to any compensation in connection herewith.
(c) In consideration and in return for being allowed to participate in Great 115, the Participant releases and agrees not to sue Great Eastern and its related companies from all present and future claims regarding use of the Participant’s photographs, motion pictures, images, recordings or any other form of record, by Participant and her heirs, assigns, spouses, partners, personal representatives and/or next of kin.
9. Each Participant certifies that she is 18 years of age or older at the time of registration for Great 115.
10. Upon successful registration for Great 115, there shall be no refund of any registration fees to any Participant for voluntary no-show or non-participation in Great 115. It is the responsibility of the Participant to check that she has duly completed and submitted the online registration form and to check that such registration has been confirmed. Great Eastern and the Organisers shall not be responsible for incomplete entry details or the failure to process and accept the Participant’s registration, including but not limited to any technical glitches, faults and/or delays that may occur.
Great Eastern and the Organisers reserve the right to cancel, postpone or modify any part of Great 115 or any component of it, including but not limited to the date, course and/or location, at any time without prior notice and without liability to the Participants. In the event of such cancellation, postponement or modification, details of cancellation, postponement, or modification will be posted on the Great Eastern Women’s Run website, and the Organisers will make every effort to inform the Participants prior to the date of Great 115.
If Great 115 is cancelled due to extreme weather (e.g. haze), changes in government guidelines (e.g. COVID-19), Participants may choose to:
(a) collect her goodie bag at a collection venue specified by the Organiser. Registration fees will not be refunded in this case.
(b) receive a refund of the registration fees. Participant will not be entitled to the goodie bag in this case.
Great Eastern and the Organisers shall not be liable for any loss or inconvenience caused.
11. If there is ambiguity in any of these provisions, Great Eastern shall be the sole authority to interpret them. Any amendments to these T&Cs will be updated on the Great Eastern Women’s Run website. All Participants understand and agree that by participating in Great 115, they accept any change or update in these T&Cs as updated by Great Eastern from time to time.
12. Great Eastern’s decision on all matters relating to Great 115 is final and binding on all Participants in Great 115. Great Eastern will not entertain any queries with regard to Great 115 results and entitlements, and will not be obliged to provide the reason(s) for its decisions to a Participant.
13. Great Eastern shall not be liable for/or in respect of any expenses, losses, costs, damages, liabilities or other consequences of whatsoever nature (collectively “Losses”) suffered or incurred directly or indirectly by Participants howsoever caused or arising and without limiting the generality of the foregoing, whether by reason of/or on account of any act or omission whether negligent or otherwise on the part of Great Eastern or its servants or agents, even if Great Eastern or its agents or employees are advised of the possibility of such Losses.
14. Great Eastern reserves the right to:
(a) investigate cases of suspected fraud and suspend a Participant from Great 115 or clawback any entitlements already provided to the relevant Participant; and/or
(b) disqualify and withdraw the participation of any person who is non-compliant with the T&Cs of Great 115, at Great Eastern’s sole and absolute discretion.
15. Each participant should ensure that she is sufficiently fit to engage in Great 115 activities. Participants should not engage in any physical activity or Great 115 activities, or stop taking part in the activities, if they are not feeling well at any time during the event. An ambulance and paramedic crew will be at the event to handle any injuries or accidents that may occur.
16. Each Participant represents and warrants that she has no physical or medical condition that may affect or interfere with her participation or others’ participation in Great 115. Any physical or medical conditions which may require special medical attention or accommodation must be fully disclosed in writing to the Organiser at the point of registration or prior to participation in Great 115 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
17. Every Participant is responsible for her own involvement in Great 115. Great Eastern will not be liable for any injuries, mishaps, sickness, death or loss/damage to personal property that may occur during Great 115. Every Participant acknowledges that she accepts all risks associated with participation in Great 115 and that such acceptance is a precondition to her participation. Every Participant understands that she will have to co-operate fully with Great Eastern and the Organisers and diligently comply with all safety instructions, directions and requirements, including any safe management measures and vaccination requirements related to Covid-19 as required by prevailing government guidelines. Inherent hazards and risks include but are not limited to:
a) Risk of injury from the activity and equipment utilised is significant including the potential for permanent disability and death.
b) Falling, causing broken bones severe injuries to the head, neck and back which may result in severe impairment or even death.
c) All “acts of nature,” including but not limited to inclement weather, thunder and lighting, severe and or varied wind, temperature and other weather conditions.
d) Possible failure and/or malfunction of equipment used by Participant or other Participants.
e) The Participant’s own negligence and/or the negligence of others, including employees, agents, independent contractors or representatives of including but not limited to operator failure.
f) Heat-related injuries and illness including but not limited to heat exhaustion, heat stroke, sunburn, hypothermia and dehydration.
g) Fatigue chill, and/or dizziness, which may diminish Participant's reaction time and increase the risk of accident.
h) The Participant’s own sense of balance, physical coordination, and ability to follow instructions.
18. Every Participant and their legal representatives waive all claims of whatsoever nature against Great Eastern, their respective subsidiaries and affiliates, and the officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors, assignees, and insurers of such entities and any third party acting on Great Eastern’s behalf while working on activities within the framework of Great 115 (collectively the “Indemnified Persons”) and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Indemnified Persons for any damage to or loss of property or any injury or loss of life which may be sustained by the Participant in the course of or arising from any cause in connection with (a) her participation in activities related to Great 115; and (b) any claim made against the Indemnified Persons by a third party arising out of or in connection with any of the above.
19. Participants agree that in the event of any emergency, injury illness or detriment whatsoever, they hereby irrevocably authorise the Organisers and officials to transport themselves to a medical facility and/ or to administer emergency medical treatment and the Participant waive all claims that might result from such transport and/or treatment or delay or deficiency therein. The Participant shall repay or reimburse any of the Organisers’ medical and emergency expenses and the Participant hereby authorises the Organisers’ to incur the same. The Participant shall provide to race officials such medical data relating to the Participant as they may request. The Participant agrees that nothing herein shall oblige the Organisers’ or any other person to incur any expenses or to provide any transport or treatment.
20. Participants acknowledge and accept that they will be required to use third party programmes, software, websites and applications and will be subject to the terms and conditions, including privacy policies, governing a Participant’s use of such third party programmes, websites and applications. Great Eastern has no control over the rights and obligations governing a Participant’s use of any third party’s programmes, software, websites and applications.
21. The terms and conditions of Great 115 shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with Singapore law. The courts of Singapore shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising from the terms and conditions, including the validity and enforceability thereto.