1. What is UPGREAT?
UPGREAT is a rewards platform that allows all to enjoy greater deals and offers every day.
2. Who can sign up for UPGREAT and is it free?
UPGREAT is free for all to use. If you register in UPGREAT as a Great Eastern Customer, you will be able to enjoy more deals.
3. How do I sign up for an UPGREAT account?
Download UPGREAT from the respective app store. Once downloaded, tap on “Sign up”, enter a valid email address and create a password. If you are a Great Eastern Customer, please register and follow the steps as indicated within the app.
4. I am registered as a GETGREAT user, can I have a different email signup in UPGREAT?
You can use the same email to login into UPGREAT and GETGREAT.
5. I have difficulties in downloading UPGREAT. What can I do?
Please use the latest software version of your mobile phone. UPGREAT is compatible with:
1. I want to change my name on UPGREAT, how do I do it?
Simply login to your UPGREAT account to change your name under “Manage Account”.
2. What should I do if I have forgotten my password?
Go to the login screen and tap “Forget password”. An email with the verification code will be sent to your registered email address.
3. How do I reset my password?
To reset password, tap on “Forget password” at the login screen.
4. What should I do if my account is locked?
Please tap on "Forget password" and enter the email address used during sign up. Check your mailbox and/or junk box for instructions to reset your password.
5. Can I delete my UPGREAT account?
Your UPGREAT account will be deleted automatically if it is inactive for 30 months consecutively.
6. How do I update my details on UPGREAT? E.g. Phone number
To update your personal particulars, tap on “Manage Account” under “Me” tab. Please note that any changes in your UPGREAT account will only be reflected in the app and not in your other Great Eastern policies/certificates.
7. Will my details in UPGREAT be updated in my other Great Eastern’s account(s)?
Any changes in your UPGREAT account will only be reflected in the app and not in your other Great Eastern policies/certificates.
Please update your personal details for your policies/certificates. You can contact your Financial Representatives or Customer Service via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
8. How do I verify myself as a Great Eastern Customer in UPGREAT?
You may verify yourself after you have successfully created your account by tapping “Verify as Great Eastern Customer" under the "Me" tab.
9. How do I know if I have verified myself as Great Eastern Customer?
If you see the "Live Great" logo on the top left hand corner of the UPGREAT app, it means that you have verified yourself as a Great Eastern Customer.
10. Can I have more than one UPGREAT account?
No, you are not allowed to have more than one UPGREAT account.
Great Eastern reserves the rights to disable, delete, or suspend your account if you invent a false persona or misrepresent your real identity.
Once your account is disabled, deleted, or suspended, you will not be allowed to create another account without our permission.
If the issue persist, please contact us at email@example.com
2. During the verification as a Great Eastern Customer, I did not receive the OTP (One-Time Password).
If the mobile number indicated in the verification process differs from your current mobile number, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. The UPGREAT app is not working, what should I do?
If the problem remains unresolved, please contact us at email@example.com
1. How do I use or redeem my e-voucher?
Select the e-voucher that you want to use and tap on “Use it now”. You may be prompted to perform the following:
2. What is a merchant pin and where can I obtain it?
Please present the reward to the cashier/staff of the participating store. The cashier/staff will need to verify the e-voucher and will enter a unique “Merchant Pin”.
3. Where can I retrieve my Barcode & Promo Code if I accidentally tapped on “Use it now”?
You may retrieve your Barcode/Promo code from the “Transaction History” in “Me” tab.
4. Can I transfer my e-voucher(s) to someone?
Yes, you may transfer the e-voucher(s) to someone under the condition that the e-voucher(s) is found in “My Vouchers” tab. You will need to have the email address of the person you intend to transfer the e-voucher to.
5. How do I transfer the e-voucher and how do I know if the e-voucher is transferable?
All e-vouchers that are transferable will have a “Gift box” icon. Just tap on the “gift box” icon and enter the email address of the person you intend to send the e-voucher to.
6. How do I know if my friend has received the e-voucher I transferred?
You will receive a notification once your friend has accepted your e-voucher.
7. What happens if my friend did not accept the e-voucher I transferred over?
If your friend decline or did not accept the e-voucher within 3 days, the e-voucher will be returned to you in “My Voucher” tab.
8. What should I do if I entered a wrong email address when transferring the e-voucher?
The e-voucher will be returned to you in “My Voucher” tab within 3 days if left unaccepted.
9. Where can I see all the e-voucher(s) that I have redeemed?
You can view your “transaction history” under the “Me” tab.
10. I saw my e-voucher this morning and when I proceed to redeem, my e-voucher has disappeared. What should I do?
Your e-voucher is no longer in the app due to:
11. Why is my reward not found in UPGREAT “My Vouchers”?
If you have redeemed a reward using your UPGREAT points or won a reward through “Play & Win” and are unable to see your rewards in “My Vouchers” kindly contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Do rewards have expiry dates?
Yes, all rewards have an expiry. Please check on the validity of the selected reward.
13. Why am I unable or having problems trying to redeem my e-voucher?
If the issue persist, kindly contact us at email@example.com.
14. Why some of the reward that appears in the Home page cannot be found after I log in.
Some of the rewards are exclusively for Great Eastern customers. You must verify your account to identify yourself as a Great Eastern Customer. Verify yourself by tapping on “verify as a Great Eastern Customer” under “Me” tab. You will see the “Live Great” logo on the top left hand corner on the UPGREAT app once you have successfully verified yourself as a Great Eastern Customer.
15. I am a Great Eastern customer why I am not eligible for some of the rewards?
Please check that:
1. Will my UPGREAT points expire?
No, UPGREAT Points does not have any expiry.
2. Can I transfer my UPGREAT points to others?
Transferring of UPGREAT points is only applicable for users who have successfully verified their accounts to identify themselves as a Great Eastern Customer. The “Live Great” logo on the top left hand corner of the UPGREAT app identifies you as a Great Eastern Customer.
3. I am having problems transferring my UPGREAT points to others.
4. How many UPGREAT points I can transfer?
You may transfer a maximum of 10,000 UPGREAT points per day.
5. How do I earn more UPGREAT points?
UPGREAT points can be earned through the following:
6. How do I redeem my UPGREAT points for rewards?
Tap on “Points Catalogue” at the Home screen to redeem your UPGREAT points for rewards.
7. Will I receive any acknowledgement when I redeem a reward with my UPGREAT points?
Your reward(s) will be found in “My Voucher” tab once you have made a successful redemption with your UPGREAT points.
You may also see that your UPGREAT points have been successfully deducted under “Points History” in “Me” tab.
8. I have accidentally redeemed for the wrong voucher, can I refund or reverse the transaction?
No, all redemptions made on your discretion are non-refundable and irreversible.
1. What is Biometric Login on UPGREAT app?
Biometric Login is a fingerprint or face recognition feature available to securely access your UPGREAT account without having to key in your Great ID and password. This feature is readily available for iPhone and selected Android devices that support the Biometric Function.
2. Do I need to register for this function on UPGREAT app? If yes, how do I register?
You will need to enable the Biometric Login function on your UPGREAT app in order to use this as your Login method.
Step- by-Step guide:
3. How do I know if I have successfully activated my Biometric Login on my UPGREAT account?
Once you have activated Biometric Login function on your device, you should be able to see message “Authentication successful, Biometric Login is now enabled”. Alternatively, you may check under the “Me” tab to ensure that the Biometric Login toggle is “ON”.
4. When I launched the updated version of the UPGREAT app, I received a pop-up message “You have been logged out from this session. Please Login again” or “An error has occurred”. What should I do? This is before any Biometric Login has been done.
Please tap “OK” and proceed to Login. Once you have Login to your UPGREAT account, you will be prompted to set-up the Biometric Login function for your subsequent Login.
5. Why am I unable to enrol the Biometric Login function?
Biometric Login on UPGREAT Malaysia will only be applicable for devices that support the Biometric function. Biometric Login is only supported on UPGREAT app version 2.8.0.
6. Can I disable the Biometric Login function?
You can disable the Biometric Login function whenever you like. Simply Login to your UPGREAT account and deactivate the function under the “Me” tab.
7. Do I have to set-up the Biometric Login function when I change a new phone?
You will need to set-up the Biometric Login on your UPGREAT app if you have changed to a new device.
8. My fingerprint Login keeps failing; can I still Login to my UPGREAT account?
You will still be able to Login to your UPGREAT account. Please key in your device passcode on iPhone and pattern for Android devices to Login to your UPGREAT account.
9. Why can’t I enrol biometric login despite having a device that supports it?
Please ensure that you have turned on and configured the biometric function in your device settings.
10. Is there another way I can enable Biometric Login?
You can go to the “Me” tab and turn on Biometric Login from there.
11. Why is my biometric enrolment record gone?
When you log in with another account using the same device, your biometric enrolment record on our GETGREAT application will be wiped. Please ensure that you do not share your device with other users.