1. What is UPGREAT Malaysia?
UPGREAT Malaysia is a rewards platform that allows all to enjoy greater deals and offers every day.
2. Who can sign up for UPGREAT Malaysia and is it free?
UPGREAT Malaysia is free for all to use. If you register in UPGREAT Malaysia as a Great Eastern Customer, you will be able to enjoy more deals.
3. How do I sign up for an UPGREAT Malaysia account?
Download UPGREAT Malaysia from the respective app store. Once downloaded, tap on “Sign up”, enter a valid email address and create a password. If you are a Great Eastern Customer, please register and follow the steps as indicated within the app.
4. I have difficulties in downloading UPGREAT Malaysia. What can I do?
Please use the latest software version of your mobile phone. UPGREAT Malaysia is compatible with latest 2 major version of OS release:
(Updated as of November 2022)
1. I want to change my name on UPGREAT Malaysia, how do I do it?
Simply login to your UPGREAT Malaysia account to change your name under “Manage Account”.
2. What should I do if I have forgotten my password?
Go to the login screen and tap “Forget password”. An email with the verification code will be sent to your registered email address.
3. How do I reset my password?
To reset password, tap on “Forget password” at the login screen.
4. What should I do if my account is locked?
Please tap on "Forget password" and enter the email address used during sign up. Check your mailbox and/or junk box for instructions to reset your password.
5. Can I delete my UPGREAT Malaysia account?
Your UPGREAT Malaysia account will be deleted automatically if it is inactive for 30 months consecutively.
6. How do I update my details on UPGREAT Malaysia? E.g. Phone number
To update your personal particulars, tap on “Manage Account” under “Me” tab. Please note that any changes in your UPGREAT Malaysia account will only be reflected in the app and not in your other Great Eastern policies/certificates.
7. Will my details in UPGREAT Malaysia be updated in my other Great Eastern’s account(s)?
Any changes in your UPGREAT Malaysia account will only be reflected in the app and not in your other Great Eastern policies/certificates.
To update your personal details of your policies / certificates, you can contact your Financial Representatives or Customer Service via email at email@example.com
8. How do I verify myself as a Great Eastern Customer in UPGREAT Malaysia?
You may verify yourself after you have successfully created your account by tapping “Verify as Great Eastern Customer" under the "Me" tab.
9. How do I know if I have verified myself as Great Eastern Customer?
If you see the "Live Great" logo on the top left hand corner of the UPGREAT app, it means that you have verified yourself as a Great Eastern Customer.
10. Can I have more than one UPGREAT Malaysia account?
No, you are not allowed to have more than one UPGREAT Malaysia account.
Great Eastern reserves the rights to disable, delete, or suspend your account if you invent a false persona or misrepresent your real identity.
Once your account is disabled, deleted, or suspended, you will not be allowed to create another account without our permission.
1. I can’t log in, what should I do?
If the issue persist, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. During the verification as a Great Eastern Customer, I did not receive the OTP (One-Time Password).
If the mobile number indicated in the verification process differs from your current mobile number, please contact us by email at email@example.com
3. The UPGREAT Malaysia app is not working, what should I do?
If the problem remains unresolved, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. How do I use or redeem my e-voucher?
Select the e-voucher that you want to use and tap on “Use it now”. You may be prompted to perform the following:
2. What is a merchant pin and where can I obtain it?
Please present the reward to the cashier/staff of the participating store. The cashier/staff will need to verify the e-voucher and will enter a unique “Merchant Pin”.
3. Where can I retrieve my Barcode & Promo Code if I accidentally tapped on “Use it now”?
You may retrieve your Barcode/Promo code from the “Transaction History” in “Me” tab.
4. Can I transfer my e-voucher(s) to someone?
Yes, you may transfer the e-voucher(s) to someone under the condition that the e-voucher(s) is found in “My Vouchers” tab. You will need to have the email address of the person you intend to transfer the e-voucher to.
5. How do I transfer the e-voucher and how do I know if the e-voucher is transferable?
All e-vouchers that are transferable will have a “Gift box” icon. Just tap on the “gift box” icon and enter the email address of the person you intend to send the e-voucher to.
6. How do I know if my friend has received the e-voucher I transferred?
You will receive a notification once your friend has accepted your e-voucher.
7. What happens if my friend did not accept the e-voucher I transferred over?
If your friend decline or did not accept the e-voucher within 3 days, the e-voucher will be returned to you in “My Voucher” tab.
8. What should I do if I entered a wrong email address when transferring the e-voucher?
The e-voucher will be returned to you in “My Voucher” tab within 3 days if left unaccepted.
9. Where can I see all the e-voucher(s) that I have redeemed?
You can view your “transaction history” under the “Me” tab.
10. I saw my e-voucher this morning and when I proceed to redeem, my e-voucher has disappeared. What should I do?
Your e-voucher is no longer in the app due to:
11. Why is my reward not found in UPGREAT Malaysia “My Vouchers”?
If you have redeemed a reward using your UPGREAT points or won a reward through “Play & Win” and are unable to see your rewards in “My Vouchers” kindly contact us at email@example.com.
12. Do rewards have expiry dates?
Yes, all rewards have an expiry. Please check on the validity of the selected reward.
13. Why am I unable or having problems trying to redeem my e-voucher?
If the issue persist, kindly contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. Why some of the reward that appears in the Home page cannot be found after I log in.
Some of the rewards are exclusively for Great Eastern customers. You must verify your account to identify yourself as a Great Eastern Customer. Verify yourself by tapping on “verify as a Great Eastern Customer” under “Me” tab. You will see the “Live Great” logo on the top left hand corner on the UPGREAT Malaysia app once you have successfully verified yourself as a Great Eastern Customer.
15. I am a Great Eastern customer why I am not eligible for some of the rewards?
Please check that:
1. Will my UPGREAT points expire?
No, UPGREAT Points does not have any expiry.
2. Can I transfer my UPGREAT points to others?
Transferring of UPGREAT points is only applicable for users who have successfully verified their accounts to identify themselves as a Great Eastern Customer. The “Live Great” logo on the top left hand corner of the UPGREAT Malaysia app identifies you as a Great Eastern Customer.
3. I am having problems transferring my UPGREAT points to others.
4. How many UPGREAT points I can transfer?
You may transfer a maximum of 10,000 UPGREAT points per day.
5. How do I earn more UPGREAT points?
UPGREAT points can be earned through the following:
6. How do I redeem my UPGREAT points for rewards?
Tap on “Points Catalogue” at the Home screen to redeem your UPGREAT points for rewards.
7. Will I receive any acknowledgement when I redeem a reward with my UPGREAT points?
Your reward(s) will be found in “My Voucher” tab once you have made a successful redemption with your UPGREAT points.
You may also see that your UPGREAT points have been successfully deducted under “Points History” in “Me” tab.
8. I have accidentally redeemed for the wrong voucher, can I refund or reverse the transaction?
No, all redemptions made on your discretion are non-refundable and irreversible.
1. What is Biometric Login on UPGREAT Malaysia app?
Biometric Login is a fingerprint or face recognition feature available to securely access your UPGREAT Malaysia account without having to key in your Great ID and password. This feature is readily available for iPhone and selected Android devices that support the Biometric Function.
2. Do I need to register for this function on UPGREAT Malaysia app? If yes, how do I register?
You will need to enable the Biometric Login function on your UPGREAT Malaysia app in order to use this as your Login method.
Step- by-Step guide:
3. How do I know if I have successfully activated my Biometric Login on my UPGREAT Malaysia account?
Once you have activated Biometric Login function on your device, you should be able to see message “Authentication successful, Biometric Login is now enabled”. Alternatively, you may check under the “Me” tab to ensure that the Biometric Login toggle is “ON”.
4. When I launched the updated version of the UPGREAT Malaysia app, I received a pop-up message “You have been logged out from this session. Please Login again” or “An error has occurred”. What should I do? This is before any Biometric Login has been done.
Please tap “OK” and proceed to Login. Once you have Login to your UPGREAT Malaysia account, you will be prompted to set-up the Biometric Login function for your subsequent Login.
5. Why am I unable to enrol the Biometric Login function?
Biometric Login on UPGREAT Malaysia will only be applicable for devices that support the Biometric function. Biometric Login is only supported on UPGREAT Malaysia app version 2.8.0 onwards.
6. Can I disable the Biometric Login function?
You can disable the Biometric Login function whenever you like. Simply Login to your UPGREAT Malaysia account and deactivate the function under the “Me” tab.
7. Do I have to set-up the Biometric Login function when I change a new phone?
You will need to set-up the Biometric Login on your UPGREAT Malaysia app if you have changed to a new device.
8. My fingerprint Login keeps failing; can I still Login to my UPGREAT Malaysia account?
You will still be able to Login to your UPGREAT Malaysia account. Please key in your device passcode on iPhone and pattern for Android devices to Login to your UPGREAT Malaysia account.
9. Why can’t I enrol biometric login despite having a device that supports it?
Please ensure that you have turned on and configured the biometric function in your device settings.
10. Is there another way I can enable Biometric Login?
You can go to the “Me” tab and turn on Biometric Login from there.
11. Why is my biometric enrolment record gone?
When you log in with another account using the same device, your biometric enrolment record on our UPGREAT Malaysia application will be removed. Please ensure that you do not share your device with other users.
1. What is an e-premium voucher and when can I use it?
An e-premium voucher is a voucher that can only be used for the initial premium payment upon submission of the proposal of assurance of a new Great Eastern Life regular premium insurance plan. This e-premium voucher is not applicable for renewal or reinstatement of policy.
2. Who can use the e-premium voucher?
The e-premium voucher is only applicable to eligible customer who is able view the e-premium voucher from “My Vouchers” in UPGREAT Malaysia. Eligible customer can use the e-premium voucher to purchase a new policy with Great Eastern. The e-premium voucher is not applicable to Great Eastern Agents. Please refer to the e-premium voucher’s terms and conditions stated in the UPGREAT Malaysia app.
3. Is e-premium voucher applicable for all plans?
This e-premium voucher is applicable for all Great Eastern Life regular premium insurance plans except the regular premium insurance plans without medical underwriting, single premium plans, standalone medical plans, group insurance plans, bancassurance plans, SmartInvest Premier, and shall not be used in conjunction with other promotions. You may confirm with your friendly Great Eastern Agent.
4. How do I retrieve the e-premium voucher?
After log in to UPGREAT Malaysia, tap on “My Vouchers” to retrieve the e-premium voucher. The e-premium voucher is only available during the validity period.
5. How do I redeem the e-premium voucher?
You are required to present your e-premium voucher with the voucher code to your friendly Great Eastern Agent. Subsequently, your Great Eastern Agent is required to insert the e-premium voucher code in the policy application app (MPOS) upon the submission of your proposal for assurance before the policy is in force. Appeal will not be accepted if the e-premium voucher code is omitted during the proposal submission in MPOS.
6. Why does the e-premium voucher code inserted by my Great Eastern Agent being rejected in MPOS?
Please ensure that the following criteria is fulfilled:
7. Can an e-premium voucher be reused?
Each e-premium voucher is valid for one (1) application (one time use) only.
8. Can I transfer my e-premium voucher as a gift to my friend/family member?
The e-premium voucher can be transferred as a gift to your friend or family member via UPGREAT Malaysia. All the e-premium vouchers that are transferrable will have a “Gift box” icon. Just tap on the “Gift box” icon and insert the intended person’s email address and NRIC or scan the QR Code generated from the UPGREAT Malaysia app of the person you intend to send the e-premium voucher to (“Recipient”). The Recipient must sign up using the same email address and need to accept the gift in order to redeem the e-premium voucher. However, the e-premium voucher can only be transferred for one (1) time only. Please note that the e-premium voucher may only be used by the Recipient if they are the proposer for a new regular premium life policy.
9. How do I know if my friend/family member has accepted the e-premium voucher that was transferred?
You will receive an email/in-app notification once your friend/family member has accepted your e-premium voucher.
10. What happens to the e-premium voucher if the policy is terminated/withdrawn?
There is no refund of amount on the premium voucher in the event that the policy is terminated/withdrawn. The e-premium voucher cannot be reused again. Please seek advice from your friendly Great Eastern Agent.
11. What happens to an expired or unredeemed e-premium voucher?
Any expired or unredeemed e-premium voucher will be forfeited after the validity period.
12. What should I do if I have entered the wrong email address or NRIC when transferring the e-premium voucher?
The e-premium voucher will be returned to you in “My Vouchers” tab within three (3) days if it is not accepted by the recipient.
13. Where can I see all the e-premium voucher(s) that I have transferred or redeemed?
You can view the transferred or redeemed e-premium voucher(s) from your “Transaction History” under the “Me” tab in the UPGREAT Malaysia app.
14. I am a Great Eastern policyholder, but why I did not receive the e-premium voucher?
Kindly check whether:
15. For more enquiries, who should I contact?