Make a new pre and post hospitalisation claim
All pre and post hospitalisation claims can only be done through a direct submission to us. If you intend to submit your pre and post hospitalisation bills for your claim, please follow these steps.
Step 1: Prepare the required documents
- Download the submission of further original bills form
- Attach original final hospital/medical bills and receipts
- If your Medisave was used to pay part of your hospital/ medical bills, please provide a copy of the "Medisave payment and claims" statement. This statement states the deduction details which we will need to process your claim. Login to www.cpf.gov.sg/healthcare with your Singpass and proceed to "Latest healthcare payments and claims" to retrieve the statement.
Step 2: Submit your documents
a. Your Great Eastern Financial Representative
c. By post:
Attention to: Health Claim Services
The Great Eastern Life Assurance Company Limited
1 Pickering Street
Great Eastern Centre #01-01
Frequently asked questions
GREAT SupremeHealth, which is an Integrated Shield Plan, consists of 2 parts:
- MediShield Life (Basic component) which is compulsory and administered by CPF Board, and
- An additional private insurance coverage portion provided by Great Eastern.
The final payout from the integrated GREAT SupremeHealth will comprise of the MediShield Life payout and the GREAT SupremeHealth’s additional insurance coverage payout.
If you are a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident who has MediShield Life and uses Medisave to pay for the GREAT SupremeHealth premium, you will be covered under the integrated GREAT SupremeHealth.
Expenses incurred are subject to deductible and co-insurance, where applicable.
Deductible is the initial amount Life Assured need to pay in Period of Insurance (policy year) before any payout from the GREAT SupremeHealth can be made.
Co-insurance is proportion of the claim that Life Assured need to pay after the deduction of the Deductible. It is expressed as a percentage of the total claimable amount.
Benefits listed below are not subject to Deductible:
- Outpatient Kidney Dialysis Treatment
- Outpatient Cancer Treatment (Radiotherapy, Chemotherapy, Immunotherapy, Stereotactic Radiotherapy
- Immunosuppressant drugs prescribed for treatment of organ transplants
However, the Co-insurance of 10% shall apply.
Confinement in the short-stay ward of an accident-and-emergency department of a Government Restructured Hospitals with short stay ward charges incurred. There must be a short-stay ward charge.
Yes, you will need to submit the following documents to us in order to claim the remaining balance from us:
- A copy of the other insurer's claim settlement letter; and
- A copy of the pre/ post bills.
- If your bills reflect full payment by the 3rd party (e.g MCPS - medical claims proration system for civil servants, other statutory bodies, etc.) and where you are required to bear a co-payment of the bill, such co-payment is typcially deducted from your salary account by your employer, please provide us with the proof of such co-payment being deducted.
For claims under GREAT SupremeHealth that are notifed via E-filing, the payment will be made directly to the hospital/ day surgery centre. The hospital/ day surgery centre will finalize the bills and process the refund (if any) according to the patient.
For claims that are notified via manual submission, the reimbursement protocol is to first reimburse the policyholder for any cash payment, followed by the reimbursement to the CPF Medisave Account and then followed by the reimbursement to MediShield Life or Medisave-approved Integrated Shield Plan.
Please submit a copy of the "Medisave payment and claims" statement together with your final medical bills. You can follow the steps outlined below to download your " CPF Medisave Transaction" statement.
- Log in to my cpf online services with your Singpass at www.cpf.gov.sg/healthcare
- Click on "My Statement" at the sidebar.
- Scoll to Section B and select "Medisave and Healthcare Insurance Claims and Reimbursement".
- Select the relevant dates and click "Proceed".
- Click on the amount at "Medisave Payment" or "Medishield Life/ Integrated Shield Plan Payment" to view the claim details.
Yes, you can still submit the bills to make claims if your pre and post hospitalisation visits are related to your surgery or treatment.
Simply provide us with your doctor's memo with the following details:
- A statement that your surgery or treatment has been rescheduled because of the COVID-19 situation.
- Details of both the original and rescheduled dates, for example, from 16 March 2020 rescheduled to 16 June 2020.
Submit your medical bills with the doctor's memo to us to make your claims.
As your pre and post hospitalisation claims are valid for 120 and 180 days respectively, they may no longer be valid due to your rescheduled surgery or treatment. Please be assured that we'll still process your claims as long as these expenses are eligible based on your policy coverage. You may refer to your policy contract or contact your financial representative to find out the details of your eligible claimable expenses.
How to check your claim status
- View online: e-Connect
- Contact your Great Eastern Financial Representative
- Call our Claims Specialist Hotline at 6856 8548
- Email us at: MedicalClaims-SG@greateasternlife.com
View our FAQs for Medical / Hospitalisation Claims.
For General Insurance claims, visit our General Insurance claims page.