Great Eastern ePay
A. General Terms
- By clicking on the “Confirm” button, the proposer/policyholder or Payer (if any, see Clause 5 below) (hereinafter the “User”) hereby agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out in this (“ToU”) and agree and consent to The Great Eastern Life Assurance Co Ltd (“Great Eastern”) and its related corporations (collectively, the “Companies”), as well as their respective representatives and agents, collecting, using, disclosing and sharing amongst themselves the User’s personal data, and disclosing such personal data to the Companies’ authorised service providers and relevant third parties for purposes reasonably required by the Companies to effect and process the payment herein. These purposes are set out in Great Eastern’s Privacy Statement, which is accessible at Privacy and Security Policy | Great Eastern Singapore (greateasternlife.com) and the User confirms that he/she has read and understood the same.
- The User acknowledges that this ePay Service (the “Service”) may only be used for payment of the initial premium of a proposed policy (“Initial Premium Payment”), payment of regular premiums for an existing policy (“Regular Payment”) or any other policy related payments including but not limited to repayment of any loans taken by the policyholder against his/her Great Eastern policy, premiums due for reinstatement, top-up payments, premium adjustments, renewal premium, etc (“Ad Hoc Payments”) (collectively, the “Payment”).
- In the event where the proposed premium payment frequency is on a monthly basis, the Initial Premium Payment shall mean the first two (2) months of the premium excluding loading, backdated premium or an increase in premium due to a change in the Sum Assured of the proposed policy.
- Upon a successful payment of a Payment, an e-mail and/or Short Message Service (“SMS”) text message will be sent to the e-mail address and mobile telephone number provided by the User. This email and SMS message will contain a payment reference number and shall be considered as the receipt of the payment to Great Eastern.
- The Payment may only be made by the proposer/policyholder or his/her Family Member. “Family Member” shall mean spouse, children, parents, siblings, son-in-law and daughter-in-law.
- By making the payment on behalf of the proposer/policyholder, the Payer warrants that he/she fulfills the description set out in Clause 5 above, and indemnifies Great Eastern for any damages, losses, claim, liability, expenses or costs (including legal costs) whatsoever or howsoever (including without limitation, any direct, indirect, special, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, loss of profits or loss opportunity) arising from a breach of this warranty.
- The User understands that he/she should refer to the relevant policy’s terms and conditions for policy related payment issues.
- Intellectual Property
Great Eastern is the owner and proprietor of all the marks, whether service or trademarks, logos on this website of which, as such, they may not be published, transmitted, reproduced, performed, displayed, adapted, distributed, stored, broadcast, stored, altered, hyperlinked or otherwise used in whole or in part in any manner without the express prior written consent of Great Eastern. Any pictures or images or audio materials or video materials displayed on this website belong to Great Eastern or are displayed by Great Eastern with the permission of the owners of these pictures or images or audio materials or video materials. The use of these pictures or images or audio materials or video materials is strictly prohibited.
- Great Eastern does not guarantee, represent or warrant that this website is free of malicious software, including, but not limited to, viruses, malicious code, computer worms, trojan horses, spyware or other harmful components ("Malicious Software"). Great Eastern accepts no liability for any loss, damage, claim, liability, expense or costs that may result from any transmission of such Malicious Software via this service (including, but not limited to, files downloaded from the website).
- Under no circumstances shall Great Eastern be liable regardless of the form of action for any failure of performance, system, server or connection failure, error, omission, interruption, breach of security, corruption, delay in operation or transmission, transmission error or unavailability of access in connection with your access with and use of this service even if Great Eastern has been advised as to the possibility.
- In no event shall Great Eastern be liable to the User for any other party for any damages, losses, claim, liability, expenses or costs (including legal costs) whatsoever or howsoever (including without limitation, any direct, indirect, special, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, loss of profits or loss opportunity) arising in connection with his/her access and use of this service, or reliance on any contents provided at this service, regardless of the form of action and even if Great Eastern has been advised as to the possibility of such damages.
The User hereby agrees to indemnify and keep Great Eastern harmless against all damages, losses, claims, liability, expenses and costs (including legal costs) whatsoever or howsoever suffered or incurred by Great Eastern in connection with or arising from:
- the User’s access and use of this Service;
- the User’s breach of any of these ToU;
- any loss associated with system failures, processing errors, software defects, operating mistakes, hardware breakdowns, capacity inadequacies, network vulnerabilities, control weaknesses, security shortcomings, malicious attacks, hacking incidents, viruses, Trojan horses, time bombs, trapdoors or other fraudulent actions and inadequate recovery capabilities which arise despite Great Eastern’s best efforts; or
- any cessation or interruption of the availability or operation of this Service.
Great Eastern reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions set out herein at any time or from time to time when circumstances so warrant without prior written notice to the User.
- Entire Agreement
These ToU constitute the entire agreement between the User and Great Eastern with respect to his/her access and use of this Service and supersede and replace all prior and contemporaneous agreements on the subject, if any.
- Governing Law & Jurisdiction
Nothing herein shall be construed as a representation by Great Eastern that the contents are appropriate or available for use in geographic areas or jurisdictions other than Singapore. By accessing and using this Service, you agree that such access and use, as Last revised on 06 October 2016 Version 1.0 well as these ToU shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.
B. For Payment by Credit Card
- Where Payment is made by a Family Member, by completing this transaction, the Payer (whose credit card is used for payment via this Service) hereby authorises Great Eastern to charge to his/her Credit Card the premium due and payable for the policy’s Payment in respect of his/her Family Member.
- The User shall accept full responsibility for all transactions arising from the use of this credit card in his/her Payment.
- For the Initial Premium Payment, a successful credit card authorisation does not amount to Great Eastern’s acceptance of the proposal. Policy coverage will only commence upon full acceptance and issuance of the proposal by Great Eastern.
- For Regular Payment or Ad Hoc Payment, the payments that are due in respect of the relevant policy will be considered as paid only upon successful processing of the debit by Great Eastern.
- If the User is not the proposer/policyholder of the policy, he/she has no right under the Contracts (Rights of the Third Parties) Act to enforce any of the terms and conditions of the policy. Under such circumstances, the Company shall not be obligated to take any instructions from the User in respect of the payment of any amount due to Great Eastern by charging the same to the relevant credit cards of the User who is authorised herein. Any refundable premium will be paid to the proposer/policyholder of the relevant policy only, and where applicable, the User shall seek recovery of such refund from the proposer/policyholder and not Great Eastern. In the event of any fraud, Great Eastern shall have the sole discretion to determine (i) the manner in which the payment shall be reversed or rejected and (ii) the person to whom the refund of the relevant charges shall be made to.
- If the amount due for the Payment exceeds the User’s credit card limit, the payment will be unsuccessful. Premiums that are charged to the User’s credit card exceeding its credit limit available at the time of debit will not be processed. The User shall ensure that his/her limit is sufficient for the deduction.
- Great Eastern shall not be held responsible for any claims, losses, damages, costs and/or expenses arising from receiving or holding of credit card information, the successful use of the credit card or the unsuccessful use of the credit card due to exceeding credit limit, malfunction of system, electricity failure and/or any other factors beyond the control of Great Eastern.
- Where the user is not the proposer/policyholder of the policy, the payer hereby agree to indemnify and keep the companies indemnified against any claims, losses, damages, costs and expenses which the companies may suffer or incur arising from the proposer/policyholder’s use of the payer’s credit card.
C. For payment of premiums by cash or cheque to Representatives (Intermediaries)
- For payments made by cash, the User should note that the Representative will only be able to hold a maximum of $10,000 of cash payments (“ePay Absolute Cash Limit”). This ePay Absolute Cash Limit is a limit that applies on the accumulated sum of all cash payments received by the Representative at any time. The User should ensure that his/her Representative’s ePay Absolute Cash Limit will not be breached prior to making the payment.
- The User agrees that Great Eastern will only be liable up to a maximum cash limit of S$2,500, ("The Limit") or the amount of policy premium that is due, whichever is lower, subject to the customer producing a receipt (as described in Clause 4) above as documentary proof, to the extent permitted by law, Great Eastern will not be liable to a customer for any loss, damage, claim, cost, action, libility, suit, proceeding or expense or any other liability arising from the Representative's issuance of a receipt that is not from Great Eastern (see Clause 4) or for an amount in excess of The Limit.
- In the event of any fraud, Great Eastern shall have the sole discretion to determine (i) the manner in which the payment shall be reversed or rejected and (ii) the person to whom the refund of the relevant charges shall be made to.
- If the Payment is paid by cheque, please write the name of the Proposer/Policyholder and the NRIC/Passport No. on the reverse side of the cheque. If the Life to be Assured/Life Assured and proposer/policyholder are not the same person, please also indicate the Life to be Assured/Life Assured’s name. The Cheque should be crossed and made payable to "The Great Eastern Life Assurance Co. Ltd", for Great Eastern Life policy.
- Notwithstanding Clause 4 above, if this Service is used to make the Initial Premium Payment, please note that the policy will not be in force until and unless the proposal has been fully accepted and issued by Great Eastern
Last updated: 06 October 2016 (Version 1.0)