Make a disability income claim
Follow these steps to make a claim.
Step 1: Prepare the required documents
- Claimant's Statement
Complete this form for us to find out more details.
- Clinical Abstract Application
This form provides us with your consent to attain your medical information from the hospital on your behalf.
- Doctor’s Statement
Learn more about completing the document below.
How to apply for the Doctor's Statement
Depending on the type of hospital, the process will be different and applicable after you have been diagnosed. Download and print the relevant Doctor's Statement template (as above) and bring it along with you to the hospital/clinic. The Doctor Statement is to be completed by the doctor who diagnosed you. You will be required to pay a fee for the application.
For restructured hospital (public hospital), apply through the hospital's Medical Report Office (MRO). This may take approximately 6-8 weeks.
For private hospital, pass the doctor's statement to your attending doctor to complete during your visit.
Step 2: Attach supporting documents
- Copies of payslips for the 12 months prior to the commencement of disability
- Copy of the tax statement (eg. IR8A form)
- Copies of your medical certificates
- Letter from your employer to certify that the life insured is not being paid during the period of disability
- Copy of termination of employment letter (if applicable)
- All available laboratory and test results
Step 3: Submit your documents
a. Your Great Eastern Financial Representative
c. By post:
Attn: Life Claim Department
The Great Eastern Life Assurance Company Limited
1 Pickering Street
Great Eastern Centre #01-01