'New Parents Consumer Promotion 2024 (“Promotion”) Terms and Conditions
1. This Promotion from The Great Eastern Life Assurance Company Limited (“GELS”) shall run from 18 January 2024 and 31 December 2024 (both dates inclusive) and is open to the following selected groups of new and existing customers of GELS (“policyholders”):
a) Successful applicants of the GREAT Bundle of Joy 2024 campaign through the Great Eastern website at www.greateasternlife.com/baby; or
b) Policyholders of GREAT Maternity Care policies purchased from 1 January 2024 to 31 December 2024 (both dates inclusive); or
c) Policyholders of selected third-party plans outlined below (with their child as the life assured) and purchased from 1 January 2024 and 31 December 2024 (both dates inclusive).
|Accident and Health
2. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Promotion, policyholders who meet the eligibility criteria under Clauses 1(a) or 1 (b) or 1(c) and who subsequently purchase any of the plans as set out below (each a “Qualifying Plan”, collectively “Qualifying Plans”) will get to enjoy the following rewards (“Reward”):
|Qualifying Plans and its attaching cash-paying riders
|Qualifying Annual Premium*
|S$1,500 and above
|S$3,600 and above
|Accident and Health
|S$1,200 and above
|S$300 and above
* Qualifying Annual Premium refers to the total first-year premiums paid for the policy, including attaching cash paying or specified riders which are eligible for this Promotion.
^ The Reward(s) will be effected on the total first-year premiums payable including attaching cash-paying or specified riders on the first policy year, across all premium frequency modes, monthly, quarterly, half-yearly or yearly, excluding premium loadings (if any).
3. To be eligible for the Reward, GELS has to receive the application of the Qualifying Plan(s) under Clause 2 from the policyholder within the New Business Submission period and the Qualifying Plan(s) have to be in force by the Policy Inforce date as set out below:
New Business Submission period
Policy Inforce date
18 January 2024 – 31 December 2024
31 March 2025
4. Each Qualifying Plan is only eligible one time for the Reward corresponding to the Qualifying Annual Premium for that Qualifying Plan and its cash paying or specified riders (if any). For the avoidance of doubt, premium amounts cannot be combined across multiple Qualifying Plans. In the event that the Reward is applied more than once for the same Qualifying Plan, GELS reserves the right to recover the full value of any additional Reward applied for that Qualifying Plan, from the policyholder.
5. If the policyholder:
a) cancels or surrenders the Qualifying Plan, or the Qualifying Plan lapse(s);
b) replaces the Qualifying Plan; or
c) downgrades the plan type and/or deals with the Qualifying Plan in any way which reduces the total first-year premium payable;
within twelve (12) months from the date of issue of the Qualifying Plan, the policyholder shall return the full value of the Reward(s) to GELS immediately. By participating in this promotion, the policyholder agrees that GELS may deduct the value of the Reward(s) which was issued to the policyholder from any sums due owed by GELS to the policyholder, at GELS’ sole discretion.
6. If the policyholder exercises a policy alteration to increase the Qualifying Plan’s benefits within twelve (12) months from the date of issue of the Qualifying Plan, GELS reserves the right not to top-up or reinstate the Reward(s) from the adjusted premiums of the Qualifying Plan.
7. The policyholder will be notified of the Reward by way of a letter on successful Direct Credit, PayNow transaction or cheque issued by GELS within sixty (60) days after the free-look period of the Qualifying Plan(s).
8. Notification will be mailed out to the policyholder’s mailing address provided in their application for the Qualifying Plan. GELS will not be responsible in any way for any non-receipt of the notification should there be a change in the mailing address of the policyholder.
9. GELS will disburse the Reward to each Eligible Policyholder using the following methods (in order of priority):
a) by way of Direct Credit back to the Eligible Policyholder’s instructed bank account provided in their application for the Qualifying Plan; or
b) by way of PayNow to an account registered with the Eligible Policyholder’s Singapore National Identification No. (NRIC); or
c) by way of cheque to be mailed out to the Eligible Policyholder’s mailing address provided in their application for the Qualifying Plan.
10. For policyholders without valid Direct Credit instructions on their bank account or a PayNow account registered with their Singapore Identification No. (NRIC), a cheque will be prepared and mailed out to the policyholder’s mailing address provided in their application for the Qualifying Plan. GELS will not be responsible in any way for any non-receipt of the cheque should there be a change in the mailing address of the policyholder.
11. GELS reserves the right to vary the method of disbursement and will notify the Eligible Policyholder of any such change at least seven (7) days before the disbursement date of the Reward.
Other General Terms and Conditions:
12. In the event of any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and any advertising, publicity, brochure, marketing or other materials relating to or in connection with the Promotion, these terms and conditions shall prevail.
13. This Promotion is not valid with any other offers or promotions (including where premium vouchers (e.g. Flexilife Series 1 and Series 2 premium vouchers) are utilised for payment of premiums) held by GELS, unless otherwise specified by GELS.
14. The use of premium vouchers redeemed through the Great Eastern Rewards mobile app will be accepted for payment of premiums on the new policy application.
15. GELS reserves the right to vary the terms and conditions or withdraw this Promotion at any time without prior notice. The decision of GELS on all matters relating to this Promotion shall be final and binding on all customers. By participating in the Promotion, you shall be deemed to have agreed to abide by all terms and conditions of participating in the Promotion as set out here, including any amendments, additions, replacements and modifications hereto as may from time to time be made by GELS.
16. Notwithstanding anything herein, GELS has the absolute discretion to determine the eligibility of any person to participate in the Promotion. If GELS subsequently determines that a person is in fact not eligible, for any reason whatsoever, GELS may at its discretion, disqualify such person and recover/cancel the Reward(s) without prior notice.
17. By participating in this Promotion, you agree and consent to GELS and its related corporations (collectively, the "Companies"), as well as their respective representatives, agents, the Companies' authorised service providers and relevant third parties (the Companies and all the other foregoing parties, collectively, “Great Eastern Persons”), collecting, using, disclosing, and/or sharing amongst themselves your personal data, for purposes reasonably required by the Companies to evaluate your application, to administer the Promotion and to provide the products or services which you are applying for (including any policy renewals and policy upgrades, substitutions or replacements) and such other purposes as described in Great Eastern's Privacy Statement (collectively, the “Purposes”) which is accessible from Great Eastern Singapore’s website at https://www.greateasternlife.com, which you confirm you have read and understood.
Your consents herein supplement but do not supersede nor replace any other consents you may have previously provided to Great Eastern Persons, and your consents herein are cumulative and additional to any rights which any of the Great Eastern Persons may have to collect, use, and/or disclose your personal data, with or without your consent, to the extent permitted under applicable law.
In addition, where personal data of any person is disclosed by you, you further confirm and represent that you have obtained the consent of the individual concerned for the Purposes, unless such consent is not required under applicable laws: (i) to collect such personal data; (ii) for the disclosure of such personal data to the Great Eastern Persons; and (iii) for the Great Eastern Persons’ collection, use and/or disclosure of such personal data.
18. The terms and conditions of this Promotion shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with Singapore law. The courts of Singapore shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising from the terms and conditions, including the validity and enforceability thereof.
Information correct as at 18 January 2024.