Complimentary Term Insurance for Parents (“Promotion”) Terms and Conditions
1. This Campaign is organised by The Great Eastern Life Assurance Company Limited (“Great Eastern”) and shall run between 18 January 2024 and 31 March 2025 (both dates inclusive) ("Campaign Period”) and is open to new and existing customers of Great Eastern (“Policyholders”).
2. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Campaign, eligible Policyholders who successfully apply for any of the plans as set out below (each a “Qualifying Plan”, collectively “Qualifying Plans”) for his/her child (“Qualifying Child”) will get to enjoy a complimentary 1-year term coverage (“Complimentary Term Insurance”) which provides coverage on Death and Total & Permanent Disability for a sum assured of S$50,000.
3. “Qualifying Child” refers to the life assured of a Qualifying Plan(s), who is age 1 next birthday.
4. This Complimentary Term Insurance shall be extended to the legal spouse of the Policyholder.
5. The Qualifying Plan’s Policyholder and his/her legal spouse (each a “Qualifying Parent”) will be automatically covered under the Complimentary Term Insurance if:
- The Qualifying Parent is a Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident and is within the age limit of age 18 next birthday and age 65 next birthday when the Complimentary Term Insurance commences; and
- The Policyholder successfully applies for any of the Qualifying Plans listed in Table 1 below:
Table 1: List of Qualifying Plans
|Accident & Health
* To be purchased on the Policyholder of GREAT Maternity Care Series.
# Applicable to regular premium payment term only
6. Each Qualifying Parent is eligible for only one Complimentary Term Insurance.
7. In the event that more than 1 Qualifying Plan was purchased on the Qualifying Child, Great Eastern will regard the Qualifying Parent as covered under the Complimentary Term Insurance applicable to the earliest Qualifying Plan. Upon admission of a claim by Great Eastern under the Complimentary Term Insurance, the Qualifying Parent will cease to be covered.
8. The Complimentary Term Insurance shall apply retrospectively to Qualifying Plans submitted from 1 January 2024 to 17 January 2024.
9. Coverage under the Complimentary Term Insurance will only commence after the freelook period of the Qualifying Plan or from 18 January 2024, whichever is later.
10. The Complimentary Term Insurance shall automatically commence upon the above terms and conditions being fulfilled. No registration is required from a Qualifying Parent to sign up for the Complimentary Term Insurance.
11. If a Qualifying Parent wishes to reject the Complimentary Term Insurance, he/she shall write in to firstname.lastname@example.org to inform Great Eastern. For other campaign related enquiries, please write in to Promotion-SG@greateasternlife.com.
Other General Terms and Conditions:
12. The certificate of insurance for the Complimentary Term Insurance is available on the Great Eastern website at https://www.greateasternlife.com/sg/en/personal-insurance/rewards-and-promotions/promotions-and-events/2024/great-bundle-of-joy.html.
13. In the event of any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and any advertising, publicity, brochure, marketing or other materials relating to or in connection with the Campaign, these terms and conditions shall prevail.
14. The list of Qualifying Plans is subject to change as determined by Great Eastern.
15. Great Eastern reserves the right to vary the terms and conditions or withdraw this Campaign at any time without prior notice. The decision of Great Eastern on all matters relating to this Campaign shall be final and binding on all customers.
16. Notwithstanding anything herein, Great Eastern has the absolute discretion to determine the eligibility of any person to participate in the Campaign. If Great Eastern subsequently determines that a person is in fact not eligible, for any reason whatsoever, Great Eastern may at its discretion, disqualify such person and recover/cancel the Complimentary Term Insurance without prior notice.
17. By participating in this Campaign, you agree and consent to Great Eastern and its related corporations (collectively, the "Companies"), as well as their respective representatives, agents, the Companies' authorised service providers and relevant third parties (the Companies and all the other foregoing parties, collectively, “Great Eastern Persons”), collecting, using, disclosing, and/or sharing amongst themselves your personal data, for purposes reasonably required by the Companies to administer this Campaign and the Complimentary Term Insurance and such other purposes as described in Great Eastern's Privacy Statement (collectively, the “Purposes”) which is accessible from Great Eastern Singapore’s website at https://www.greateasternlife.com, which you confirm you have read and understood.
18. Your consents herein supplement but do not supersede nor replace any other consents you may have previously provided to Great Eastern Persons, and your consents herein are cumulative and additional to any rights which any of the Great Eastern Persons may have to collect, use, and/or disclose your personal data, with or without your consent, to the extent permitted under applicable law.
19. In addition, where personal data of any person is disclosed by you, you further confirm and represent that you have obtained the consent of the individual concerned for the Purposes, unless such consent is not required under applicable laws: (i) to collect such personal data; (ii) for the disclosure of such personal data to the Great Eastern Persons; and (iii) for the Great Eastern Persons’ collection, use and/or disclosure of such personal data.
20. The terms and conditions of this Campaign shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with Singapore law. The courts of Singapore shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising from the terms and conditions, including the validity and enforceability thereof.