3 red capsicum, seeded and cut into chunks
3 large tomatoes (Roma tomatoes are ideal), sliced in quarters
1 large yellow onion, peeled and cut in quarters
4 cloves garlic, crushed
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
Leaves from ½ sprig of fresh rosemary or 1tsp dried
Coarse sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
300ml water or stock
1. Preheat oven to 220oC
2. In a roasting pan, arrange red capsicums, tomatoes, onion, rosemary and garlic. Drizzle generously with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Roast in the top rack of the oven for 20 minutes till the vegetables are tender and lightly charred
4. In a food processor, blend the vegetables in batches till it resembles a thick puree. Add water or stock to reach desired consistency
5. Heat the puree in a soup pot and simmer for 15 to 25 minutes till heated through
6. Season to taste
7. Serve hot with crusty bread
Need an idea for the main dish? Our Pasta Tossed in Laksa—Cashew Nut Pesto may just be what you’re looking for!