4 salmon fillets (about 150g each)
4tbsp miso paste
2tsp light soy sauce
1tbsp sesame oil
½ inch knob of ginger, finely grated
1tbsp while sesame seeds, toasted
1. Remove the pin bones from the salmon fillets using a pair of tweezers. Pull gently with the grain to prevent from tearing the flesh.
2. Combine the miso, light soy sauce, mirin, honey, sesame oil and grated ginger.
3. Rub the miso marinade on the fish and leave to marinade at least 1 hour in the fridge
4. Heat a grill pan, oil lightly and grill skin side down first over medium heat for about 4 to 5 minutes
5. Turn the fish over gently and brown on the other side for another 4 to 5 minutes.
6. Serve hot, sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds.
For dessert, spice up your kitchen with the smell of Apple, Almond and Oatmeal Crumble.